Handle, Wings and Grip

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
@hipnotic

It seems that you took it personally.
I have loved so many of your blades and commended them as well.

I didn't say that custom blade makers are bad or generalized anything; I mentioned that there is something from Butterfly blades that I love

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

Don't worry, I didn't took it personally nor was I offended, you didn't say anything wrong.

I was just trying to clear up that just like Brands, some blade makers are better than others. I'm not saying I'm the best, I know I'm not, but I'm certainly different and like to step outside of the box.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
yes, I have an eye on Dima blade.Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

If you want a Dima Blade with big handle then there is always Donic Dima No.1 Senso. I own Dima No.1 Senso and non senso (one is signed by the Dima himself lolz) and Innerforce Layer ALC. Senso destroys others.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2021
Donier RR + made by Estonian company Narva Table tennis (nttenis.com) has a handle of 107mm long, which I think it is the largest non-custom made blade handle in the market.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Also, many custom blade makers when asked for a Viscaria like or ZJK like handle ask for dimensions;
I have also tried doing that, still a bummer. Maybe I wasn't clear enough for the blade maker that I needed the blade to fit my hands just like a Viscaria does.
You have tired soooooo many different blades. I say you should try working with Hipnotic (Sergio) via PM and seeing if you can't come up with something that sounds like it is exactly what you want.

It would fall into the N+1 rule of how many blades you need to own. And no harm would come of seeing if Hipnotic is the blade maker who can make exactly what you are looking for.

I would say, go for it. In the scope of things, I would say it is a worthwhile venture since you have not found quite what you want in the commercial world and you have tried other blade makers but not Hipnotic who just might be able to make exactly what you want.

Last edited:
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
You have tired soooooo many different blades. I say you should try working with Hipnotic (Sergio) via PM and seeing if you can't come up with something that sounds like it is exactly what you want.

It would fall into the N+1 rule of how many blades you need to own. And no harm would come of seeing if Hipnotic is the blade maker who can make exactly what you are looking for.

I would say, go for it. In the scope of things, I would say it is a worthwhile venture since you have not found quite what you want in the commercial world and you have tried other blade makers but not Hipnotic who just might be able to make exactly what you want.

I had reached out to him a while back, but back then I quite was not sure of how should I describe what I need.

I am already thinking in that direction as of now

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
been reading through this thread """Handle, Wings and Grip"""
and everybody is moaning about handles being to small, too short etc....

Ok, so seems i am the only one with small hands here. The ALC Innerlayer fits me like a glove BUT it is NOT may favorite blade.
In order to make my other blades feel as comfy in my hand as the BTY, I would have to sand the wings back drastically. How far can I go with that ?????
I know of course that changing the wings will make the blades more "elastic " .
Is the only way simply to take some wood off and try and then take some more off , or is there a way to measure and predict ?

kind regards from" small hands"😁

Reactions: Chr75