BH rubber for RPB

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I've been playing penhold for a long time. In the last two years I have played TG3-60 on my BH with H3 41 on FH. I have two blades - Dynasty carbon (main) and Ovtcharov true carbon (backup).

I am a FH oriented player. I play a lot of mid distance FH loop. I play block and chop with my BH.

I really love the consistency of TG3. The tacky top sheet helps the grip on the BH side.

I have experienced wrist pain recently because, TG3 is not a light rubber.

In order to improve the weight balance, I've thought about short pips. I've read that TSP Spinpips Red is very similar to inverted with a lighter weight. Other options like Spectol, Spectol Speed, Spectol soft etc. I am looking for a 1.8 short pip that plays very similar to inverted, insensitive to spin and is consistent.

Thank you

says Footwork footwork footwork
Sorry to hear that about your wrist! I hope for a speedy recovery.

I, too, come from using S3-60 (and tg2) on the BH for RPB but my coach recently got me off of it wanting me to try a tensor (he wanted T05 or T64), so I tried a sheet of G1. I can’t say it’s much lighter than 360, but it is definitely a few grams lighter.

Additionally, because of catapult (which is much more vs. S360), I noticed my consistently sore wrists have subsided.

The action needed for attack is much smaller vs. with Chinese rubbers and that’s helped me a lot for defense and offense tbh. G1 is still spinny enough for my game and style.

I totally understand your decision to switch to SP, and I would consider the same if my wrist pain got bad enough. Hope you get through it and can continue to play!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Sorry to hear that about your wrist! I hope for a speedy recovery.

I, too, come from using S3-60 (and tg2) on the BH for RPB but my coach recently got me off of it wanting me to try a tensor (he wanted T05 or T64), so I tried a sheet of G1. I can’t say it’s much lighter than 360, but it is definitely a few grams lighter.

Additionally, because of catapult (which is much more vs. S360), I noticed my consistently sore wrists have subsided.

The action needed for attack is much smaller vs. with Chinese rubbers and that’s helped me a lot for defense and offense tbh. G1 is still spinny enough for my game and style.

I totally understand your decision to switch to SP, and I would consider the same if my wrist pain got bad enough. Hope you get through it and can continue to play!
Thanks for your reply. T64 is a very good BH rubber. But it's expensive and my fingers tend to slide on its smooth surface.

I tried Spectol 1.5mm. It reduced my racket's weight significantly and my fingers grip much better. So I just wonder if Spinpips or other TSP short pips work well.

Reactions: thomas.pong