TTDSL News & Updates

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2021
Hey everyone!

The TableTennisDaily Super League will be coming soon! We will use this topic to display all our latest news and updates! Any questions you have fire away here, or any ideas you have for the league let us know.

TTDSL2021pr.jpg

More on TTDSL here.
15th Feb: TTDSL sign with OSAI.

More updates and announcements coming soon!

For the legacy!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2021
It's time to unveil the TTDSL arena 😍

Episode 1 coming soon 🏓

TTDSL%20Arena.jpg

Reactions: TTW
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2021
1st TTDSL Team announced and it’s the TableTennisDaily Team 🙌 🏓

Featuring:

- The Beast, Louis Price
- The Captain, Garth Kinlocke
- The Pocket Rocket, Umair Mauthoor
- The Ringer, Jan Surwilo
- The Dane, Daniel Simonsen
- The Frog, Tom Maynard
- The Founder, Dan Ives
- The Golden Boy, Will Bayley

1%20TTD%20Team.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2021
Next up we have the reigning British University Champions University Of Nottingham TT🏓🔥

Featuring:

- England men’s international and England senior David McBeath
- England Top 25 senior men’s player Gabriel Achampong
- England Top 30 senior men’s player Liam McTiernan
- Scottish International Calum Morrison
- UONTT Sports Scholar Jiaqi Meng
- UONTT player Ezra Slater
- UONTT player Mateusz Mikosz

2%20Notts.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2021
Next up we have Team eBaTT
1f3d3.png
1f525.png

Featuring:

- England men’s international and England senior No6 Chris Doran
- England Under 21 No1 and England senior No13 Sam Wilson
- England Junior International and England senior No19 Ethan Walsh
- England Senior No16 James Hobson
- England Senior No27 Israel Awolaja
- eBaTT player Luke Walsh

3%20eBatt.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2021
Next up we have Archway Peterborough TTC
1f64c.png
1f3d3.png

Featuring:

- 4x Welsh Men’s National Champion & Welsh International player Callum Evans
- Scottish International Martin Johnson
- England senior men’s No26 Zak Cantor
- England Top 20 senior men’s player and Welsh senior International Mike Marsden
- England top 50 senior men’s player Adam Jepson
- England top 50 senior men’s player George Downing

4%20Peterborough.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2021
Next up it’s London’s Fusion TTC Strikers
1f3d3.png
1f525.png

Featuring:

- England Veterans No1 Lorestas Trumpauskas
- Nigerian International Kazeem Adeleke
- England Under 21 No33 Robert Pelc
- England Junior No17 Joshua Bruce
- England top 80 senior player Jamal Dennison

5%20Fusion%20Strikers.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2021
Our 5th team are this years dark horses. Carefully hand selected just for TTDSL it’s the One Direction Team!
1f3d3.png
1f525.png

Featuring:

- England Junior No1 Naphong Boonyaprapa
-The Silent Assassin and Junior England No4 Amirul Hussain
- England Under 21 No9 Naphat Boonyaprapa
- The Great Wall of Reading Dan Moses
- And finally all round legend Joe Ratajczak

6%20one%20Direction.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2021
Next we have the home team, Cardiff City!
1f3f4_e0067_e0062_e0077_e006c_e0073_e007f.png

Featuring:

- Scottish International and Scottish senior men’s No3 Niall Cameron
- Welsh International and Welsh senior men’s No2 Marc Castro
- Welsh International and Welsh senior women’s No3 Chloe Thomas
- Welsh International and Welsh senior men’s No11 Ryan Owen
- Cardiff City Coach Lloyd Gregory
- Welsh International and Welsh senior women’s No7 Danielle Kelly

7%20Cardiff.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2021
Proving age is just a number it’s the Super Vetts!
1f9b8_200d_2642.png
1f3d3.png

The Super Vetts team is made up of some of the UK’s best veterans and include the following players:

- England Vetts No2 Jason Ramage
- England Vetts No5 Andy Wilkinson
- England Vetts No10 Jason Thompson
- England Vetts No7 Kev Dolder
- England Vetts No12 Dave Barr
- England Vetts No13 Phil Cox

8%20super%20vets.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

What I'm hoping for from TTDSL Episode 1 - original post on my facebook page marktannertt

TableTennisDaily are releasing their new Super League in two days time!

This is a new table tennis super league in the UK, based at Cardiff Table Tennis Club and featuring 8 teams and in their own words it is:

The TableTennisDaily Super League (TTDSL) has been created to showcase table tennis in the most dynamic, relatable and entertaining way possible. TTDSL Season 1 which launched in 2021 features some of the UK’s leading clubs, fastest rising talents, biggest characters and legends of UK table tennis. Players include multiple national champions from all age groups and genders, Paralympic medallists as well as some full time table tennis professionals.

There is of course the TTD Team that featured in the British League system over the last few years, with characters such as the Pocket Rocket, Captain, The Founder and many more. Lining up against them is - Fusion Table Tennis Club Strikers, Super Vetts, Cardiff City Table Tennis Club , One Direction, Peterborough, EBATT and the University of Nottingham.

More information can be found on the League's dedicated Facebook page TTDSL - some cracking players taking part!

Now what do I want to see from this first episode and series:

1 - The same high quality production value as previous series - Now this is a given and I'm sure we'll get this, especially as Dan and his team now have their own dedicated centre in bris..... who knows where, but it looks awesome! The most striking thing about TTD videos is the attention to detail in their editing and it keeps getting better and better, almost to the point of TV quality production, so high hopes for more of the same!

2 - Continuous TTD character/player development - This is one of the most important things TTD have done, they have built up these amateur table tennis players in mini characters for the table tennis community. They tell a story around each player which creates a relatable character for viewers to get behind. I'm sure this inspires younger players locally and internationally to train that extra bit harder to perfect the Whip from the Captain, or the Pocket Rocket's backhand - or maybe they want to move more for the ball like the Frog!

3 - Focus more on the opposition - Now this was hard to do in the formal British League scene as maybe a few players don't want to be filmed etc. This is the genius thing that Dan has done, he's taken that away with this league. Each team knows that they will be filmed and hopefully be expected to talk to the camera. I'd love to see some of the new teams get decent time to be introduced to the viewers and start to form their own story.

4 - Other teams doing their own filming - Ok so not something TTD has control over, but still... It'll be great to have more people talking about table tennis in Britain in such a positive way. This can now give Big Shot more content ideas - allow for Doran to show case Ebatt - The Super Vetts to bring their audience to TTD, the possibilities are endless.

5 - Interaction with the viewers - This first series and the times that are living through is the perfect time to experiment for TTD. Numbers in the hall etc will be limited so fans probably won't be admitted (I could be wildly wrong) so it'll be about gathering feedback from their UK and international views as to how to keep evolving and improving the format. Then for the following series they can open it up to a live audience and really begin to make table tennis more of a spectator sport and a real day out.

That's what I'm hoping to see from this latest venture from TTD - do you agree? Want to add something?

Then please comment and join me in talking about UK table tennis!

Reactions: TTDSL
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2020
Great Service to Upload all those highlight Videos of the other matches.

I highly recommend to watch the Videos with Jiaqi Meng. I think she does an incredible job against all the guys and you can clearly see that she has been / is trained on a really high level.

I am amazed by how accurate and on point her movements and shots are.Hopefully we will see more of here. Would love to see her against Pocket Rocket or the Captain!

Last edited:
Reactions: ttarc
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Is Jiaqi Meng using h3 on her forehand or some other tacky rubber? Because there's that cracking sound upon hitting that's akin to the hurricane rubbers.