Problem between my Technique and new racket

Hello guys, like on the title, I have a problem between my technique and my new racket, Sanwei M8 Blade (5ply allwood), Yinhe Mercury II Medium (around 37 degress) on FH and Yinhe Mercury II Soft (around 33-35 degrees) on BH.

My problem is on FH technique. With the new BH rubber my BH improved btw. When I hit a FH Topspin the ball go high and out. The same movement on my other racket (Palio 2 Star (7ply allwood) and Sanwei T88 Ultra Spin on both sides) go good on table.

I think is the more catapult effect on Mercury, but not confirm, the ball when hit the racket go more high, I close more the angle and go not high, but out. When i hit on table, the ball is with more spin but without much speed.

The same ball with my other racket (Palio and T88) is more consistent, good speed and spin.

Sanwei T88 Ultra Spin is around 39-40 degrees, non much catapult effect i think, Mercury II is more tacky, much more than my T88.

I need do more a chinese technique to a european?

I not have video with my technique now, i will try record tomorrow.

But can you give me a help?

Last edited:
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Hello guys, like on the title, I have a problem between my technique and my new racket, Sanwei M8 Blade (5ply allwood), Yinhe Mercury II Medium (around 37 degress) on FH and Yinhe Mercury II Soft (around 33-35 degrees) on BH.

My problem is on FH technique. With the new BH rubber my BH improved btw. When I hit a FH Topspin the ball go high and out. The same movement on my other racket (Palio 2 Star (7ply allwood) and Sanwei T88 Ultra Spin on both sides) go good on table.

I think is the more catapult effect on Mercury, but not confirm, the ball when hit the racket go more high, I close more the angle and go not high, but out. When i hit on table, the ball is with more spin but without much speed.

The same ball with my other racket (Palio and T88) is more consistent, good speed and spin.

Sanwei T88 Ultra Spin is around 39-40 degrees, non much catapult effect i think, Mercury II is more tacky, much more than my T88.

I need do more a chinese technique to a european?

I not have video with my technique now, i will try record tomorrow.

But can you give me a help?
Forum members will definitely be able to give you helpful advice once you post a video of yourself highlighting your FH issue.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Well, at least you didnot pay a lot of money for this rubber 😁

I could not play with this Mercury rubber at all.
I am used to play chinese rubbers but this one had so much ""Trampolin effect"" that the ball would jump off the rubber before icould do anything with it.
Way tooo bouncy..............no blame

Reactions: thomas.pong
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Aim lower. More seriously, i don't know this rubber at all. But it sometimes takes time to adjust to new setups. Time may be all you need.

If after a month and the problem persists, get a slower rubber.

Last edited:
If you cannot control a mercury rubber than you would just need and learn the proper stroke. You are in the stae that stroke develoment is more important. Mercury is considered already as a slow rubber.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Well, at least you didnot pay a lot of money for this rubber 😁

I could not play with this Mercury rubber at all.
I am used to play chinese rubbers but this one had so much ""Trampolin effect"" that the ball would jump off the rubber before icould do anything with it.
Way tooo bouncy..............no blame

MERCURY ???!!! UNCONTROLABLY BOUNCY ???!!!

Bahahawah-wah-hhaahh-ha-ba-whah !!!

Mercury is sum SERIOUS slow and not super catapulty.

Now if a player was using "Black Hole" tech like a very slow blade with OX Short Pips, then started to use an ALL class blade with mercury, then I could understand the opinion... but in both absolute and comparative terms, Mercury is so slow Shildkrot had a short rights battle with the maker.

Reactions: thomas.pong