Nittaku dhs hurricane 3 turbo orange sponge 2.0

This user has no status.
hi guys,

i am interested in the rubber: nittaku dhs hurricane 3 turbo orange sponge.

does anyone have an idea of ​​playing characteristics?

apparently it is a rubber with a chinese top layer and a japanese bottom layer? a resemblance to the dignics 09c?

it is a rubber with a Japanese backing. Does that mean that he immediately plays normally or should he 'break in'?

thank you in advance.

regards,

Camper Call.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
hi guys,

i am interested in the rubber: nittaku dhs hurricane 3 turbo orange sponge.

does anyone have an idea of ​​playing characteristics?

apparently it is a rubber with a chinese top layer and a japanese bottom layer? a resemblance to the dignics 09c?

it is a rubber with a Japanese backing. Does that mean that he immediately plays normally or should he 'break in'?

thank you in advance.

regards,

Camper Call.
Hi Camper,

This TT11 expert review of the rubber is spot on: https://blog.tabletennis11.com/nittaku-hurricane-pro-3-turbo-orange-review

While it is a hybrid rubber (Chinese topsheet and Euro/Japanese sponge), it's not an extremely springy sponge like Dignics 09C.

I think by "playing normally", you mean play like your typical Euro/Japanese rubber, which it isn't, it's still more like a Chinese tacky rubber than a Euro/Japanese rubber.

Reactions: IB66
This user has no status.
Hi Camper,

This TT11 expert review of the rubber is spot on: https://blog.tabletennis11.com/nittaku-hurricane-pro-3-turbo-orange-review

While it is a hybrid rubber (Chinese topsheet and Euro/Japanese sponge), it's not an extremely springy sponge like Dignics 09C.

I think by "playing normally", you mean play like your typical Euro/Japanese rubber, which it isn't, it's still more like a Chinese tacky rubber than a Euro/Japanese rubber.

hi Thomas,

Thank you for the reply.
I guess it's a bit faster and easier to play than a typical chinese rubber?

I have been playing with normal European rubbers all my life and I would like to try to take the step to Chinese rubbers.

the ton of spin that you can put in spins and the tacky layer that ensures control in service return appeal to me very hard.

I'm going to combine it with a viscaria blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Here we go again. The most repetable conversation about table tennis equipments. If you like tackiness on european rubbers then Dignics 09c, Rakza Z, etc. They are usually advertised as European Hybrids.

If you like proper Chinese, then most of them are not much different. (They are probably quite different, but the differences are so small relatively to Chinese vs world that you would happily ignore them.) So just grab one. H3 commercial maybe. Rather than worrying too much. The subtle differences among them are only worth thinking about when you’re already used to one of them.

This user has no status.
Here we go again. The most repetable conversation about table tennis equipments. If you like tackiness on european rubbers then Dignics 09c, Rakza Z, etc. They are usually advertised as European Hybrids.

If you like proper Chinese, then most of them are not much different. (They are probably quite different, but the differences are so small relatively to Chinese vs world that you would happily ignore them.) So just grab one. H3 commercial maybe. Rather than worrying too much. The subtle differences among them are only worth thinking about when you’re already used to one of them.

Is this a hybird rubber?

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

Tango mad! ; )

The long awaited loss of your UKrainian flag only held you up for so long 😁

• Haha
Reactions: IB66 and latej
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Nittaku H3 turbo orange sponge is way more towards a normal Chinese rubber than a ‘hybrid’ rubber.
maybe quicker than Std H3 / H3Neo, but not by much!!
When I used it on a Nittaku Acoustic I really didn’t like it that much!! It lasted about 2 sessions then came off the blade rapido!!!
This doesn’t mean it isn’t any good, just not for me!! Same as H3-50 I didn’t like that either!!

If you want to move towards a Tacky rubber, maybe try a hybrid rubber and a Chinese tacky rubber as a trial. Generally a hybrid rubber will be slightly more expensive than a Chinese rubber.
Good hybrid rubbers are Golden Tango, Golden Tango PS ( more catapult than GT) Rakza Z, D09C (there’s others as well but I haven’t used them)
Good Chinese Tacky rubbers (so many!!) DHS H3, H3Neo, H2 etc, friendship / 729 Battle 2, RITC 729 etc are a few but there’s Yinhe, Palio, Giant Dragon to name a few!!

choose 1 hybrid rubber and one traditional tacky Chinese rubber, stick em a blade and go play!!! You’ll soon see the difference!!😀

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Nittaku H3 turbo orange sponge is way more towards a normal Chinese rubber than a ‘hybrid’ rubber.
When I used it on a Nittaku Acoustic I really didn’t like it that much!! It lasted about 2 sessions then came off the blade rapido!!!
This doesn’t mean it isn’t any good, just not for me!! Same as H3-50 I didn’t like that either!!

If you want to move towards a Tacky rubber, maybe try a hybrid rubber and a Chinese tacky rubber as a trial. Generally a hybrid rubber will be slightly more expensive than a Chinese rubber.
Good hybrid rubbers are Golden Tango, Golden Tango PS ( more catapult than GT) Rakza Z, D09C (there’s others as well but I haven’t used them)
Good Chinese Tacky rubbers (so many!!) DHS H3, H3Neo, H2 etc, friendship / 729 Battle 2, RITC 729 etc are a few but there’s Yinhe, Palio, Giant Dragon to name a few!!

choose 1 hybrid rubber and one traditional tacky Chinese rubber, stick em a blade and go play!!! You’ll soon see the difference!!😀
On point!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Read 3 reviews

Nittaku has approached the hybrid rubber topic from every angle it seems. There are the H3turbo organge & blue rubbers, which, as you say, are very close to Chinese rubbers and on the other hand there is the Sieger PK50, which has a tacky top sheet but has a more European feel. There is something for every taste (and wallet). ;)

Last edited:
This user has no status.

Thx for the advice man! I gonna try that 😀

Reactions: thomas.pong
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews

Nittaku has approached the hybrid rubber topic from every angle its seems. There are the H3turbo organge & blue rubbers, which, as you say, are very close to Chinese rubbers and on the other hand there is the Sieger PK50, which has a tacky top sheet but has over all a more European feel. There is something for every taste (and wallet). ;)

PK50 is pretty quick and produces really great spin levels, it’s tacky but could do with more!! The sponge is around 50 degree hardness, in another thread I said that I struggle with grippy ESN type top sheets and sponge hardness of 50+ degrees, PK50 just slips into this category for me!!
I felt it should be good for me, but it was slightly to uncontrolled for my technique, especially on the forehand side, if it had a little more tackiness or was slightly slower or both I could be using it!!

Service spin levels were, for me, very high!! Almost too much, as a lot of spin came back as well, which was then an issue as I felt PK50 was a tad spin sensitive for my liking, quite a few unforced errors, probably due to my inability to adjust accordingly both in open play and 3rd ball attack!!

For a lot of people this could be an excellent choice of rubber.