Blades for short pimples

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Hi

- I have seen that some players with short pimples use stiffer and harder blades. Any reason for that?

- Any blade you can recommend?

Thanks!
7-ply all-wood blades. They can vary in speed and stiffness, so it's good to choose one based on your level.
TSP/Victas Swat, Butterfly SK7 Classic, Yasaka Falck W7 for example.

If you're high level, some carbon blades can also be great for pips: Nittaku Acoustic Carbon Outer, Joola Rossi Emotion, Yasaka Falck Carbon.

Last edited:
Reactions: yogi_bear

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Flexible blades with short pimples give very unpredictable results. The combination is both slower and harder to control. So many short pimples players use the stiffest blade they can still loop with, as almost nobody uses pimples on both sides. The blades already listed are the standard ones.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2020
You want a stiff blade. If it is hard as a rock or has a soft feel depends on your liking.

But you don't want a flex blade.

With short pimples it is about consistency in blocking, driving and hitting. A flexy blade will never give you the needed consistency.

Good SP Blades are 7 Ply Woods with little flex like clipper wood or samsonov force pro black edition. The TSP Swat is way to flexy for sp.

Also Blades with carbon or Arylate carbon should be fine. But the trajectory can be very low with these blades. For sp with soft sponge or tensor the most carbon blades are fine.

says Hi, I am a life-long table tennis enthusiast and...
says Hi, I am a life-long table tennis enthusiast and...
Mar 2014
Yeah, as mentioned: Stiffness/hardness for BH pips, flexibility for FH loops. My favorites - after sampling 30+ 7-ply blades: Samsonov Force Pro Black Edition, Stiga Rosewood NCT VII, Andro Gauzy SL, Andro Gauzy BL, and my current favorite....which I will reveal in an upcoming video review :)

says STAX X9000 is the BEST!
I liked Butterfly Innerforce ALC when I used to play short pimples on BH, great control and speed on attack with short pimples, block with it is also nice... Also know a couple of players (amateur level) in my city that play (at least used to play) with short pimples on BH of this blade.