Which player has the most signature equipment in different brands ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2020
Hi, it might be a silly question, but as I was looking at the impressive U2's Adam Clayton's signature basses inventory, (yep, nearly all of them bring him royalties when one's sold anywhere on the planet... talk about a businessman !) I thought it would be interesting to know which player in history of TT has got the most signature equipment in different brand names.

For example: Adam Clayton's got a Jazz Bass + a Precision bass @ Fender, it's like ZJK's ALC + ZLC signature blades @ Butterfly

But he's also got one @ Lakland, 2 @ Warwick (The Buzzard bass John entwistle used with The Who is now the Adam Clayton Reverso), 1 @ Auerswald, all at the same time, ad none of those companies has nothing to say about it ... also because U2 is a member of Fender's board. So who's the "businessman" player in TT ?

Last edited:

Ian

This user has no status.

Ian

This user has no status.
Feb 2011
These are the players I can think of who have had signature equipment with two brands:
  • Hugo Calderano (Xiom & Cornilleau)
  • Quadri Aruna (Joola & Gewo)
  • Simon Gauzy (Andro & Cornielleau)
  • JM Saive (Stiga & Andro)
  • JP Gatien (Cornilleau & Yasaka)
  • Ma Long (DHS & Nittaku)
  • Koji Matsushita (Butterfly & Victas)
I'd be interested to know if anyone has worked with more than 2 brands. Also, has there ever been signature equipment that wasn't a blade?

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
These are the players I can think of who have had signature equipment with two brands:
I'd be interested to know if anyone has worked with more than 2 brands. Also, has there ever been signature equipment that wasn't a blade?

Joola cwx (chen weixing long pips)
joola cwx drum inverted rubber

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Aleksandar Karakasevic has had signature blades Killerspin Diamond TX Karakasevic, Tibhar Karas and now GEWO Karas Scepter., none of which he used for too long ;)
Over the years, he´s been under contract with nearly any brand you can imagine, with the exception of Joola.

Former European vice champion Torben Wosik has had signature blades with Joola and Donic, The Joola ones are hard to find, and most of the Joola Wosik blades you will find are actually named after his brother. The Donic was called Wosik Senso Carbon.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

Gatien also had at least one Stiga blade and a Butterfly blade so that's 4 brands.

Marcos Freitas had a Tibhar blade before and now a Butterfly blade.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Doesn't Timo Boll have 240 different blades with his name on it even though they are all from Butterfly?

1) TB
2) TB All
3) TB All+
4) TB Off-
5) TB J
6) TB TJ
7) TB Forte
8) TB CAF
9) TB W5
10) TB W7
11) TB Spark
12) TB Spirit
13) TB XXS
14) TB ALC
15) TB ZLF
16) TB ZLC
17) TB T5000

It is all one brand. And since the example Music&Ping used was Adam Clayton having a Fender Jazz Bass and a Fender Precision Bass (from the same company) named after him, does anyone top Timo? Waldner might. But I am not sure if I even got all of Timo's blades. :) Seventeen is not bad for starters. :)

Reactions: thomas.pong
Doesn't Timo Boll have 240 different blades with his name on it even though they are all from Butterfly?

1) TB
2) TB All
3) TB All+
4) TB Off-
5) TB J
6) TB TJ
7) TB Forte
8) TB CAF
9) TB W5
10) TB W7
11) TB Spark
12) TB Spirit
13) TB XXS
14) TB ALC
15) TB ZLF
16) TB ZLC
17) TB T5000

It is all one brand. And since the example Music&Ping used was Adam Clayton having a Fender Jazz Bass and a Fender Precision Bass (from the same company) named after him, does anyone top Timo? Waldner might. But I am not sure if I even got all of Timo's blades. :) Seventeen is not bad for starters. :)

He also has hobby bats named after him and also a chinese brand named boll.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

1) TB
2) TB All
3) TB All+
4) TB Off-
5) TB J
6) TB TJ
7) TB Forte
8) TB CAF
9) TB W5
10) TB W7
11) TB Spark
12) TB Spirit
13) TB XXS
14) TB ALC
15) TB ZLF
16) TB ZLC
17) TB T5000

That's a lot already and plenty TB blades are missing from this list.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2020
Yeah, different brand matters, cos' in that case Waldner, Persson and Appelgreen are not that bad either with Donic. The Karakasevic case is the perfect example to me, as he's also the serbian TTA president, talk about business ! He's probably the "Adam Clayton of TT" 😎

I've never seen any BTY Gatien blade by the way, if anyone can show a pic here...

Last edited: