Hoping For Some Feedback Prior to Purchasing My First Custom Blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
Let’s be fair: equipment that was fast for the 38mm ball was a little slower but still fine for the 40mm ball. But the switch from the 40mm to the 40+ ball which also included a change in material for the ball caused a lot of things to change.

40+ is much slower than the 40mm. The change was a big change because of the material change that went with it.

In 2010 8 of 10 players in the top 10 were using all wood. By 2016 8 of 10 players in the top 10 were using composite blades.

Is anyone in the top 10 using an all wood blade these days? I am not sure. But someone knows the answer to that. And that shift came as a result of the 40+ Poly ball.

It is more complicated than just slower. You need to make deeper impact even when you spin the ball with the 40+.

So, I am not fully sure an Allround Classic is what I would recommend. That is why I suggested the Allround Evolution.

I think Allround Classic and Mark V Max might be fine. But I think those rubbers with the Allround Evolution might be better based on the 40+ Poly ball. Even for a true beginner.

I agree .... If I'm not mistaken the Evolution was developed for the 40mm ball... I've played with both, and TBH, I've found very little difference... The Evolution is a wee bit stiff/hard, and a hair (or 2) faster.. Evolutions also ten to run a bit heavier, as compared to the. Allround/

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Let’s be fair: equipment that was fast for the 38mm ball was a little slower but still fine for the 40mm ball. But the switch from the 40mm to the 40+ ball which also included a change in material for the ball caused a lot of things to change.

40+ is much slower than the 40mm. The change was a big change because of the material change that went with it.

In 2010 8 of 10 players in the top 10 were using all wood. By 2016 8 of 10 players in the top 10 were using composite blades.

Is anyone in the top 10 using an all wood blade these days? I am not sure. But someone knows the answer to that. And that shift came as a result of the 40+ Poly ball.

It is more complicated than just slower. You need to make deeper impact even when you spin the ball with the 40+.

So, I am not fully sure an Allround Classic is what I would recommend. That is why I suggested the Allround Evolution.

I think Allround Classic and Mark V Max might be fine. But I think those rubbers with the Allround Evolution might be better based on the 40+ Poly ball. Even for a true beginner.
Also the speed glue ban, speed glue made Mark V and Sriver very different rubbers than they are with water-based non-VOC glue.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2020

umm... yeah, I know Mark V and Sriver (Wang Hao Reportedly used Sriver on his BH ... Probably a custom, and/or super-boosted) were used by some pros... But, still, back when I was a kid, Joyner, Allround, + Mark V were considered standard entry-;level custom setups.. Anyone who started to take TT seriously, and move-on from a premade to a custom, got either an Allround Classic or Joyner with Mark Vs, as their first custom setup.. Some would use Mark V on one side and Sriver on the other..

Also, do you really think that just by owning a setup similar to a pro's, we could play like one ? ... every other tom, dick n harry, these days, plays with a Viscaria or TBALC + T05s- does it makes them World Champ material ... baahh ..

Tibhar Vari-Spin was actually the rubber used the most in history for entry level at that era, because depending on the sponge thickness it suited either allround, defensive, or offensive styles played by beginners. Alongside with Butterfly Tackiness D too, same kind of rubber for developping beginners.