What are some great, inexpensive beginner rackets?

This user has no status.
Hello there,

I'm looking for some great beginner rackets that are fairly inexpensive.
This is not meant for me personally, it's meant to get an idea for expenses if we as a club would like to have some rackets available for total newcomers for a few sessions.

Any suggestions as to what options we have?
Many thanks already

The one you have in your equipment description looks quite good. If you want to go for best bang for the buck then M8 + 2* Chinese training rubber.

Yup, agree with Sanwei M8. You can develop your basics skills with this.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews

Does it matter which chinese training rubbers we choose?

Does not really matter. They are all quite similar. Just don't pick anything too hard. I felt like Palio hidden dragon is an excellent rubber for newcomers. It is easy to use, makes a very good spin. It is like 6-10$ a piece. Super FX felt much worse than Hidden Dragon. Blue AK47 although firmer, also felt good.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Is this equipment for beginners?
In that case I would get a premade racket, like a 3 star. Basically all brands have those.

Cheers
L-zr

That gear will be loaner bat. Premade rackets are much worse and are not refurbishable. When the rubber is done on a premade then it gone. If you buy a cheap chinese set it will have better parameters, will be much more predictable, and when rubbers are damaged (for example someone hits a table with a racket) then you just replace it with another cheap rubber.

That gear will be loaner bat. Premade rackets are much worse and are not refurbishable. When the rubber is done on a premade then it gone. If you buy a cheap chinese set it will have better parameters, will be much more predictable, and when rubbers are damaged (for example someone hits a table with a racket) then you just replace it with another cheap rubber.

The "parameters" don't matter to beginners, the cost to the club does.
Rubbers can be changed and who is gonna change it before it's gone???
The broken rackets I've seen have been broken at the handle, there is no fix in that...

This user has no status.
Is this equipment for beginners?
In that case I would get a premade racket, like a 3 star. Basically all brands have those.

Cheers
L-zr

This gear is for beginners yes, it's meant as a loaner bat for new members to use for a couple of sessions so that they don't have to buy a bat before being able to play. The reason i haven't really looked to premade rackets is that they tend to be quite "expensive". Especially for a small club such as ours

This gear is for beginners yes, it's meant as a loaner bat for new members to use for a couple of sessions so that they don't have to buy a bat before being able to play. The reason i haven't really looked to premade rackets is that they tend to be quite "expensive". Especially for a small club such as ours

No, they are normally much cheaper, and a beginner doesn't need an advanced racket anyway.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
No, they are normally much cheaper, and a beginner doesn't need an advanced racket anyway.

M8 + 2* Chinese rubber is like 15-20$, if you find a premade which is easily repairable and you can perform a topspin attack with it, then I will be amazed.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Carbon provides less feedback and makes the blade faster. Ebony top ply makes feel crisper but adds low effort speed and makes the blade harder to control. The ball shoots off very easily with low user input which makes it hard for unskilled players to use. I would recommend a 5ply all wood instead for maximum feel and easiest control.

I've made my recommendation initially based on the want to use that gear as a lender to potential new club players. In clubs where I played, the first hours were always focused on giving the players a good foundation of FH and BH and teaching fundamentals of brushing contact. Ebony feels amazing when hitting but leaves a smaller margin for error when brushing. Going with the glued bat instead of premade one will ensure the possibility of repair the gear easilly. Sanwei M8 is the cheapest and good quality easy to handle blade. The rubbers on that price range are very very similar. As I said, my favorite is Hidden Dragon, but Mercury 2, Palio AK47, 9000D/E will serve just as well. I also remember Sanwei Taiji being good for the price.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2020
Since you're from Belgium maybe you could ask Dauphin TT in France to make you a special offer, they do this sometimes for new opening clubs. They've got some beginner rackets at any price <30€, also Decathlon is not that far from you in Lille (You're from Sint Niklaas, between Antwerp and Gand right ? I'm a ch'ti from north of France, I know Belgium very well) and they have some new Pongori line for beginners, and even Stiga or Tibhar rackets, more expensive though. I'm quite sure you could get a bargain deal from Decathlon either.

Dauphin TT and Decathlon links
https://www.dauphintt.com/raquettes-1.html
https://www.decathlon.fr/browse/c0-...c4-raquettes-ping-pong-5-6-etoiles/_/N-bd6ba4

Reactions: BennyDB
This user has no status.
Music&Ping;339710 said:
Since you're from Belgium maybe you could ask Dauphin TT in France to make you a special offer, they do this sometimes for new opening clubs. They've got some beginner rackets at any price <30€, also Decathlon is not that far from you in Lille (You're from Sint Niklaas, between Antwerp and Gand right ? I'm a ch'ti from north of France, I know Belgium very well) and they have some new Pongori line for beginners, and even Stiga or Tibhar rackets, more expensive though. I'm quite sure you could get a bargain deal from Decathlon either.

Dauphin TT and Decathlon links
https://www.dauphintt.com/raquettes-1.html
https://www.decathlon.fr/browse/c0-...c4-raquettes-ping-pong-5-6-etoiles/_/N-bd6ba4

Thanks, i'll check this out soon as well.

And you were very close, i'm from sinaai which is a town that's considered part of sint niklaas 😉

Reactions: Music&Ping

mat

This user has no status.

mat

This user has no status.
Apr 2019

For total beginers
Blade yasaka sweden classic or donic appelgreen allplay
Rubers on both side donic coppa

For advanced beginers:
Blade yasaka sweden classic or donic appelgreen allplay
Rubers on both side Nitaku Factive