Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey guys!

In this review we take a look at STIGA's most sold blade, the Clipper Wood! This year marks the Clipper Wood's 40th anniversary, and STIGA have released a limited edition version of the blade only available to be purchased in 2021.

Use the code TT15 for a 15% discount here: https://bit.ly/2ZoVHTY

Do you use a wood or a carbon blade?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2020

It WAS actually one of the fastest blade in the 38mm cell ball and speed glue era. With Mark V on each side it was a fast looping machine. The blade that made you a better player, but you had to train a lot to control that ûber fast speed.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Read 1 reviews
I bought the regular Clipper wood just one month ago. Really like the drives and blocks and that it still allows great spin possibilities and great short game. Well balanced blade! My only problem is that the arc is lower or that the trajectory is longer than I’m used to. I will be changing the Rakza Z on it to D09c, which I’m more familiar with to see how it plays.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Tango, I hear you... Your countryman Sergey Tsos will testify that if I use one of Nate's latest all wood blades and unwrap me a Quarter Pounder on the opponent that Der_Echte is not filing complaints with ittf over how fast the ball goes.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Nate4s
I am glad you guys recognize the value of 7-ply all-wood blades :) I have been advocating for their value (and reviewing them) for the past couple of years. Nice review.

I actually went back to 7 ply all wood blades last year and all my blades now are all 7 ply all wood blades. The kind of rubber nowadays do not needneed blades to be too fast.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 1,347
Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Read 3 reviews
Is the Clipper slightly softer, more controlable, and has lower throw compare to Clipper CR?

I have never played mit the Clipper CR so can't tell, but it seems that it is harder and faster than the classic Clipper Wood. The guy from https://ttgearlab.com/ uses the CR as a reference blade when he compares 7plies. Speedwise it's always one of the fastest all wood blades.