Best Balde + Rubber combo for 150 euroes

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2021
Hey

What is your guys opinion on the best blade + rubber combo for ca. 150 euroes?

Thinking of getting a new bat and not sure what to get

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2021

Advanced level (Played most of my life. Loads of tournaments etc.) Im more focused on control + spin but still need a little speed. If that helps?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2020
It is a good start. But being a little more specific would be great.

What is your current setup and what should change? Need more speed, more spin, more controll? Need a higher throw or more catapult? Want a softer feeling or a harder feeling? Just describe what feels wrong with your current setup.

There is no best rubber for everyone 😉

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2021

The bat i have now is an old Joola. So old i cant remember. Which is why im looking for a new bat. Havent upgraded in so long im kinda out of the loop..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2020
Looks like your old joola paddle was a premade one, otherwise the rubbers would have names and might be known a little better.

Basic Information: Rubbers with built in tension ( Tensor if made by ESN or Spring Sponge if Made by Butterfly) won't last as long as rubbers without tension (so called classics). We're speaking in months of good performance, not years.

If your want a really good basic setup to learn and develop your game, go for Yasaka Mark V 2mm Sponge on any Allround / Allround - Offensiv Blade without Carbob by any brand you prefer. All in all this is a 100 USD Combo.

If I mistake and you have played in a club for some time and got coached to develop a good technique, go for something like Primorac Off- or faster and 2 Tensor Rubbers (there are lots. I like the Nittaku Fastarc Series a lot, but it is down to you which brand you choose) in 2mm sponge thickness.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2021

I have played in a club. Didn't have any money when I was young and thus didn't have the nicest bat. And therefor i am looking for a new one.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews

I have played in a club. Didn't have any money when I was young and thus didn't have the nicest bat. And therefor i am looking for a new one.

There is no single silver bullet gear that will be best for everyone. If you want the safest most versatile setup for that money you can also get a clipper. Everyone needs at least one Clipper in their life. Thin Clipper is veeeeeeeeeeeeery versatile. TSP Swat is also a nice option. A bit more flexible (as in wood flex).

If you just want an upgrade and don't want to change rubber in the next 2 years, go for Fastarc G1. Legendary and supposedly indestructible and yet spinny and powerful. Not used it myself, but it is on the top of the selling charts in Japan for a reason and it is also top of the 2019 TT11 ranking.

With that much informationm, it is hard to suggest anything. TT gear is like a suit. Not every suit will look good on everyone. It is 95% personal choice, 5% objective parameters. No one will foretell what you will like, but a clipper with G1 is awesome and appeals to a very wide audience, so it will probably feel pretty darn good!

EDIT: By thin I meant closer to 6.3mm than to 7mm.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tango K

Advanced level (Played most of my life. Loads of tournaments etc.) Im more focused on control + spin but still need a little speed. If that helps?

Just based on the info you shared,I think the Clipper,AR Classic and the Infinity VPS may be options.The All woods would provide good control and spin,while giving more speed but not too much based on your level. I agree with Kuba Hajto,the G1 is a great option.I personally use it on my backhand. It's a quality rubber that allows for more controlled agression,good speed,great spin.Not sure if you'd consider chinese rubbers.If so I can recommend options like the Hurricane 8 or the 729 Bloom power.A set up like that will keep you well below 150 euros.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews

Just based on the info you shared,I think the Clipper,AR Classic and the Infinity VPS may be options.The All woods would provide good control and spin,while giving more speed but not too much based on your level. I agree with Kuba Hajto,the G1 is a great option.I personally use it on my backhand. It's a quality rubber that allows for more controlled agression,good speed,great spin.Not sure if you'd consider chinese rubbers.If so I can recommend options like the Hurricane 8 or the 729 Bloom power.A set up like that will keep you well below 150 euros.

Chinese rubbers are usually bad unless you explicitly want them and explicitly willing to learn to use them. I got the vibes that OP just wants to have a setup that is easily adopted and works well in many situations. Chinese rubbers need sacrifices in form of learning to use them and as far as my experience goes are rarely liked by people who already played for many years.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Since you didn't share much TT background info about yourself or your previous equipment, any of these blades and rubbers will do:

Butterfly Primorac or Korbel, Stiga Allround or Offensive Classic, Xiom Offensive S, Donic Waldner or Appelgren Allplay, Yasaka Sweden Extra.

Xiom Vega Intro or Europe, Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft, Andro Plaxon.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
No W968 or Viscaria recommendations ? 🤣

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha...hahaha

Those blades are over budget and the latter one is right at budget...

What is OP gunna slap on the Viscaria at $180 USD just for the blade? A.... PICTURE of a rubber?

• Haha
This user has no status.
Hey

What is your guys opinion on the best blade + rubber combo for ca. 150 euroes?

Thinking of getting a new bat and not sure what to get

Blade DHS PG7, rubbers, Visnatura soft - backhand, Visnatura hard - forehand, Revolution No.3 100 ml
€ 106 with shipping.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I'd throw in support for a all wood 7 ply Clipper type blade and the Fastarc G1. I use the G1 and I keep a sheet of Mark V around to remind me of the kind of 50 years out of date meme that people spew about it being a good rubber for an offensive style in the age of plastic balls.