Xiom Omega VII Euro vs...

mat

This user has no status.

mat

This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Hi, any experience with Xiom Omega VII Euro on fh side?
Currently I Use bf 80fx and maybe changing on xiom. Any experience, big difference?

says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
I started using Xiom O7E VII since January this year. I use it on my backhand. Earlier, I was using Butterfly Tenergy 05FX on my backhand for 3 years. I reach around 1800+ on my leagues rating till last year before COVID hit and then I stopped playing in tournaments and leagues.
As per the playing style, I am left handed and I loop, drive, block, punch and push on my backhand. Basically, I like to have more control on my backhand as I want to control the incoming spin and also add spin during receives and in the rally. I prefer playing close to the table. So that should help you how I use the rubber.
For close to the table play, I felt that I get more control on the backhand when compared to Butterfly Tenergy 05FX. For all round play, I feel that it is easier to redirect the ball on the table and even if I take a step back, I can play actively in the rally. All strokes including serves play good and I am satisfied with what I get from the rubber. From the life of the rubber perspective, I feel that it looks as good as new till now. But I am only playing approx. 6-8 hours per week.
Hope this helps. By the way, I am not picky on rubbers and kind of like to adjust to whatever I get. I stopped using Tenergy because I felt that I am not playing at the higher level and I don't feel like investing that much money just for my passion anymore.

Reactions: mat and quanghuysk

mat

This user has no status.

mat

This user has no status.
Apr 2019
hi and tx to all for replies.

good luck, mat

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I started using Xiom O7E VII since January this year. I use it on my backhand. Earlier, I was using Butterfly Tenergy 05FX on my backhand for 3 years. I reach around 1800+ on my leagues rating till last year before COVID hit and then I stopped playing in tournaments and leagues.
As per the playing style, I am left handed and I loop, drive, block, punch and push on my backhand. Basically, I like to have more control on my backhand as I want to control the incoming spin and also add spin during receives and in the rally. I prefer playing close to the table. So that should help you how I use the rubber.
For close to the table play, I felt that I get more control on the backhand when compared to Butterfly Tenergy 05FX. For all round play, I feel that it is easier to redirect the ball on the table and even if I take a step back, I can play actively in the rally. All strokes including serves play good and I am satisfied with what I get from the rubber. From the life of the rubber perspective, I feel that it looks as good as new till now. But I am only playing approx. 6-8 hours per week.
Hope this helps. By the way, I am not picky on rubbers and kind of like to adjust to whatever I get. I stopped using Tenergy because I felt that I am not playing at the higher level and I don't feel like investing that much money just for my passion anymore.
In Europe, Omega VII Pro and Euro are only 2€ less than Tenergy.
I know the difference in price is larger in the US between these rubbers.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
I think thomas is talking about the list price.

Reactions: thomas.pong
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Yes, I'm talking about the list price indeed.

Tenergy's are 60€ on Butterfly Europe. I get them at 10% off, so 54€. Then a lot of individual sellers sell them new sealed for 45€.

Omega VII's are 58€. Of course it's easy to get them at 20% off, so 46€.

Not that big a difference in price unlike 30-35€ rubbers like MX-P, Fastarc's, Rakza's, Vega's...

Reactions: zeio
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

I am also curious about those Tenergy prices. The best I could buy is directly in the Dandoy shop, here in Brussels. 59.95€

If your club as a discount contract with Dandoy, you can likely get -10% on Butterfly and -20% on other brands.

Then individual sellers often sell new sealed Tenergy's for 45-50€ on TT blogs and groups.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
That’s buddy prices, they don’t count ...
(If I steal mine there for free...)

I paid around 30 Euros for my Rakzas and a little more for Evolution...

In Poland you can get Tenergy for 54 Euro from official distribution, and for 45 Euro from facebook groups new sealed with proof of original purchase all day long. They pop up after comptetitions like crocuses in the spring.

Here Xiom Omega 7 Euro is 36.81 euro and that's the max price.Usually there is 10-20% discount on selected Xiom rubbers

.http://tennisdiscount.eu/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_10&products_id=1090

32.98 euro for Xiom V Asia

http://tennisdiscount.eu/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_10&products_id=691

29.91 euro for Omega IV Europe

http://tennisdiscount.eu/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_10&products_id=650

The Easter Bunny will eat the price carrot with other 10%. down.
Santa doe's the same.

Last edited: