Testing the Tibhar Bernadette Szocs Signature 1

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Read 3 reviews

It‘s interesting what you say about this being a 7ply blade with 5ply characteristics. There is also the other way around IMO, 5ply woods with 7ply features, especially when you select heavier speciments. The Korbel comes to mind and also the blade I‘m playing, the Darker 5P2A. It’s not the fastest blade but quite stiff and linear (not as bouncy as all-hinoki blades), which is probably because it has basswood intermediate plies and it’s thickness. It is 6,5 mm thick, so much thicker than normal 5plies and some of the modern all-wood 7ply blades.

Reactions: The Pong Professor
says Hi, I am a life-long table tennis enthusiast and...
Mar 2014
Goood review Pat! Maybe this is a rebadged Force Pro Black?
Thanks - means a lot coming from you.

I must, sheepishly, admit that the thought never crossed my mind, but you might be right. I have never tried the 'regular' Force Pro (or CCA7)

Reactions: Vishal
Mar 2014
Reactions: rbtitco
Thanks - means a lot coming from you.

I must, sheepishly, admit that the thought never crossed my mind, but you might be right. I have never tried the 'regular' Force Pro (or CCA7)

Pat, basing on your video the blade seems to be not slow like Force Pro Blue. Tried the CC7 and it felt as fast as FP Black.
​​​​​
​​​​

Reactions: The Pong Professor

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
I play with Sanwei Fextra, it's a great blade, I'm very interested tibhar szocs signature 1,has anyone tried both of these blades

i have been using fextra, but i find it a bit too powerful, i cant topspin with it unless i am perfectly placed and ready.
i have ordered a szocs 1 to try but am still waiting its arrival

i have been using fextra, but i find it a bit too powerful, i cant topspin with it unless i am perfectly placed and ready.
i have ordered a szocs 1 to try but am still waiting its arrival

Even with 1.9mm T05?

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
im not sure yogi, i di try 1.9mm 05fx tonight and actually played ok with it, but it feels very hard on fextra

fextra is just absolutely stunning for kieler pips on bh, by far the best blade i have tried, my pips play was very very good on weekend.

i think it might be 1.9mm 05fx on fextra and accepting some limitations to it, but short game for me is so much better and serves with 1.9
i just have too heavy a contact for max tenergy

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Mine has finally arrived.

First try last night was too humid, can't judge.

Tried again today, feels sharper than Fextra, bit harder maybe but not stiffer.
My practice partner said I was getting a lot of topspin on fh, but arc was fairly low.
Blocks felt nuts.
Pimple hits were very flat.

I was very consistent today, but might have just had a good day.

It is a very very comfortable blade to hold, fairly big, very well shaped neck even with my dodgy high grip.

I was using 1.9 05fx, my serves were excellent and touch shots seemed good.

Think its faster than Force Pro Blue, lower arc.
Maybe slower than Fextra, but if just has a different feel I think.

I am probably going to brave it a tournament on weekend at a very good spinny non humid venue.

Could be a keeper!!