Chinese rubbers getting wet problem

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Hello guys just came back from a local tournament and it was hell my chinese rubber was getting wet after every point tackines was zero and spin was almost none my backhand which is rakza 7 was getting wet but was a lot better I was able to lift backspin and push fine even tho it was wet other players were experiencing the same problem but they don't play with chinese rubbers my forehand wich is hurricane 3 felt like it was anti spin I don't know what to do is there any solution to that problem its my first time experiencing it and if this continues I might have to change to normal german rubbers and I can't sit and wipe fore 5 mins after every point any one else experienced smth like that?

This user has no status.
Hello guys just came back from a local tournament and it was hell my chinese rubber was getting wet after every point tackines was zero and spin was almost none my backhand which is rakza 7 was getting wet but was a lot better I was able to lift backspin and push fine even tho it was wet other players were experiencing the same problem but they don't play with chinese rubbers my forehand wich is hurricane 3 felt like it was anti spin I don't know what to do is there any solution to that problem its my first time experiencing it and if this continues I might have to change to normal german rubbers and I can't sit and wipe fore 5 mins after every point any one else experienced smth like that?

What was the temperature inside?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Never mind the room temperature or whether you were hot or not , the question here is what made your rubber ""wet""
Is it sweat ??
Did it rain inside ??
😂
I played yesterday, we are in summer here and it was 27 degrees celsius inside the hall and I sweat a lot.
But my hurricanes ,both FH and BH do not get wet.

The rubbers will behave a bit different in humidity than on a dry day but they do not get wet.

Also, when watching the chinese top players one can often observe in between play that they will breath on
the rubbers to get a little bit of moisture on the rubbers which they then carefully wipe of with the palm of their hand.
If moisture on the rubbers would be a real problem they would avoid it like the plague..

Maybe you got a fake hurricane ???

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.

No idea man maybe around +10 to +20 I was playing so I was hot can't tell for sure it was around there.

H3 does not play when the temperature is + 10 ° C !!! H3 requires at least + 16 ° C.
Low temperature is bad for Chinese rubbers, they have a different sponge density !!! When there is a lot of humidity, no rubber plays !!!

• Haha
Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews

If the humidity is high or the temperature is low, the conditions are irregular.

Sorry, I cannot specify the exact conditions, I did not write down parameters. As far as I know, condensation happens if humidity is high or temperature is low, or mix `gradient mix of both` (what I mean there is a bit cold and bit humid etc).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Yeah guys I am not sweating I mean my hand can be a bit wet from the grip but nothing like heavy sweat I am cleaning the sponge with my hand until gets grippy I play one point and then I tap on the rubber to clean again with the palm of my hand its like wet on the surface feel like anti spin until I clean with palm again for 1min and tackines is gone until I finish the mach and I go clean it and its like brand new

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I guess I will see how it will perform in the upcoming summer I hope it will be better and for the next winter I will have to think about something. And btw the hall that we played had no AC so I guess that is a factor too most of the other halls that I play I rarely have that problem when they have ac on.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I guess I will see how it will perform in the upcoming summer I hope it will be better and for the next winter I will have to think about something. And btw the hall that we played had no AC so I guess that is a factor too most of the other halls that I play I rarely have that problem when they have ac on.

i often wondered if the halls are temperature "stabilized" where the fancy pro -players do their thing.
Considering that they are so fussy about their blades , their rubbers and even how much edge-tape they are putting on , one would
think the temperature should be within a couple of degrees

This user has no status.
Agreed I used to use tacky always, there was a team who played out of a large room above a pub. by the end of the game the humidity and temperature were very high, you loose literally all spin. grippy rubbers loose spin too but it's not as bad, I am unsure why maybe it's the softer topsheet. I turned into a pusher and chopper that game because I certainly couldn't topspin!
​​​​​​Longest game I ever played as my opponent also had similar issues and it was like push push until the ball is a little high, but it was easy to chop back and start again

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Hi. I had the same problem this autumn, playing in an arena I never visited before. In the morning everything felt great, but the longer the day passed my brush looping started to lose effect. My team reached the finals in this tournament, but when I played my matches I had no grip at all in my forehand DHS H3N 41 deg. The humidity was enormous in this place. I guess that the ventilation wasn't sufficent to get the moist out of the air. The feeling when you can't rely on your rubber is devastating. In the end you're lifting up the ball with flat strokes just to keep the ball in play... :( I guess that the combination of a hard sponge and rubber losing grip isn't a great combination for a spin dependent guy :)

When you play in a cold place the vapour from your hot and wet body and especially your breath are condensing in the cold air and with your FH you are collecting that condense like with a big spoon. Additionally harder rubbers loose performance when cold.