Tibhar MX-D

says Table Tennis - the sport for life.
says Table Tennis - the sport for life.
Jan 2013
Are you saying that it loses weight because the booster evaporates over time? I can't see how else it can lose weight, but if it truly evaporates, surely the enez (or whatever the latest ITTF sensor machine is) would pick this up when testing bats.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Are you saying that it loses weight because the booster evaporates over time? I can't see how else it can lose weight, but if it truly evaporates, surely the enez (or whatever the latest sensor is) would pick this up when testing bats.

Isn't that tester only looking for VOC? If the booster doesn't have VOC then the bat will not fail.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Are you saying that it loses weight because the booster evaporates over time? I can't see how else it can lose weight, but if it truly evaporates, surely the enez (or whatever the latest ITTF sensor machine is) would pick this up when testing bats.

DeHaggis hat gesprochen... or I should say he spoke twice. :D

This user has no status.
I played MX-D(1.9) on Waldner World Champion '89(spruce spruce zylon kiri) as forehand (DHSH3N2.15mm38'BH).

I haven't tried any other rubbers on this blade, but I have played with lots of different harder rubbers on many similar sprucewoods with carbon in and out and without it so this will be compared to boosted (2 layers haifu national white) nittaku h3 neo, nittaku g1 2.0, nittaku sieger pk50 2.0, yasaka rakza z 2.0 and andro R53 2.0(boosted with couple of layers of dandoy booster because of shrinkage) as they all have been tried on many hinoki&spruce blades of mine so comparisons is going to be WC89+MXD versus others.

First of I must say that this rubber has a very easily readable catapult effect. It's very linear for a grip type rubber with catapult sponge. R53 seems pretty close but doesn't have that strange sensation of what MXD has when it's about to and just before going to catapult til' catapulting giving the hitter insane control of catapult itself which I the thing definate I have never experienced in other tensors. The best is you can play all the soft shots without catapult effect kicking in(as it is more or less also in all of the above mentioned rubbers).

This is is excellent for my short game and brushing slow'n'spinnies, which can be done very spinny in all of 'em, but the combined stats are: h3neo > RZ = PK50 > MXD = R53 all being but first actually being very close eachother.

The catapult kick in MX-D is such a unique multi sense feeling and when going for loop/powerloop it hits first with a pleasant sound of warning and it's accompanied by a sense of deep holding of the ball, so you know even before finishing the stroke if the ball is going to land(as it really is with all of the rubbers mentioned here tbh). Kick is very controllable (with this blade) and i haven't gotten surprised by odd kicks even once which is amazing.
In contrast the R53 has similar in effect but a lot less controlable kick(while being pretty predictable overall).

Of the rest only the boosted h3neo has some observable kick. I wouldn't say the other rubbers really have that kind of kick. With them it's mostly the spruce/hinoki blade doing the kick effect.

For higher gear spin I will only say that it's not that high spin compared to the others but the speed spin balance is the most impressive in MX-D.
H3neo>RZ=PK50>R53>MX-D. You can overspin your opponent with all the rubbers, but it's a lot easier with some.

Control in combination with this specific blade was something impressive. It is somehow like the rubber and the spruce veneers right up to the carbon work in perfect synchrony, giving very understandable sound and vibe cues in relation to speed, power and type of contact (I guess you could say 3 gears + 6 turbo gears). It's like they both, rubber and veneer to the hard carbon take the energy of the ball in conjunction releasing it in perfect harmony. I haven't felt that kind of synchrony in any combination of rubber and blade I have ever played with before and the best synchrony/feeling I've ever had before was with hinoki/spruce toplayer blades with hard rubbers, not coming even close to this.

For example Darker esteem/Nittaku septear + septear lead/Innerforce S/Hinopower/WSC/Rossi Emotion and shuffled with a lot of different 47.5d and over rubbers and nothing comes close to feeling to power about to be imparted. In this sense it its very spectacular best in slot combination for me.
For control the overall can only be crudely reviewed in this comparison since the WC89+MX-D worked so insanely well together with MXD so I will also give the blade rubber combo in reference to this crude not very worthy segment of the review(forehand only): WC89/MXD > septear lead/R53 > Esteem/H3N > Esteem/RZ=PK50=Innerforce/G1

So control with medium to hard shots: MXD > H3neo > R53 > G1 > pk50=RZ. Slow to medium: H3neo > PK50 = RZ > MX-D > G1 > R53

Speed: R53 >MX-D > H3Neo > G1 > RZ > PK50 last two being very close.

Serves aren't bad but definetly require a fine touch, comparison is naturally H3N > RZ=PK50 > MXD=G1 > R53

In conclusion: This rubber might not fit every blade, but it sure does to a spruce/spruce/"Donic's exclusive "Carbon fleece Zylong Webbing"/kiri-blade :D. It is very precise in attack & block, it can do all of the games fine moves very precisely with my artistic touchy feely fakey dakey dancing attacking fast acceleration playstyle.

Both sides worked very well with this particular blade from the 1st row(WC89+MXD+(dhsH3N'38 not boosted), from the second row backhand stroke has to be upright, forehand loops work from every conceivable row and position too with utmost feel, precision and killing power.

I haven't played enough of the previous evolution series-rubbers to give an opinion on them, since this was my first own evolution rubber so I can't comment on how it relates to evolutions or even t05 on that matter since I haven't used that one either. Take it as a hinoki/spruce+hard rubber review.

As an intermediate player with most experience with abovementioned-like gear I can recommend this for you to try if you like to play with a softer veneered blade with harder almost non-tacky grip type rubber, have attacking playing style and you don't do compromise over control and want real finishing power to finish off a point with confidence at any time.

For that, this is excellent.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
I've been using this rubber 12h a week since Mid April, so that is about a month and change. Important disclaimer I got the rubber from a friend as a gift, so I did not use it from the box. I think this gives me enough information to form an opinion. This rubber is one of the spiniest I've tried but it does require a lot of racket speed to utilise properly. If you fail to strike the ball with enough speed to compress the sponge ball is neither fast nor spinny. I did boost it to make it a little more lively and it helps a little bit. The rubber drinks booster very very fast. The element that this rubber truly excells at is smashing (strong drive as well as lob smash).

Welp. It demands a lot of relaxation in the arm, when I was a little bit tense and I had issues with rotating my body, it was really hard to loop with it. I would not recommend this to player who did not learn how to relax loop.

Another observation is that this was way too fast on any composite blade I own. On the thin 7 ply it is very much controllable. I took this as option for tacky hard replacement that does not get wet in humid conditions, and it works quite well in that situation.