Carbon Penhold Blade - Recommendations for Beginner?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020
So I've been back on training for four months now (I currently take lessons once every week on Fridays) learning to get consistent on my FH and BH with penhold. 2 or 3 weeks ago, my coach suggested me to get a blade with carbon veneers instead to fit in with the Plastic Ball Era. These were 2 of my coach's suggestions:

1. Yasaka Ma Lin Soft Carbon
2. Butterfly Taksim

Which of these should I choose? Feel free to put your other suggestions if you have any.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
YEO is an excellent blade, and at 4 months I wouldn't change if I were you...

Could do with newer rubbers though. Skyline and 729 are about as slow as they get.

If you just want to scratch an itch, get the Soft Carbon, Taksim is a bit overkill and feels very dull.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
So I've been back on training for four months now (I currently take lessons once every week on Fridays) learning to get consistent on my FH and BH with penhold. 2 or 3 weeks ago, my coach suggested me to get a blade with carbon veneers instead to fit in with the Plastic Ball Era. These were 2 of my coach's suggestions:

1. Yasaka Ma Lin Soft Carbon
2. Butterfly Taksim

Which of these should I choose? Feel free to put your other suggestions if you have any.

What do you do with your BH? Traditional push or RPB? Taksim is 7mm thick, not suitable for RPB.

Viscaria has a penholder version. You can get it from Prott.vip.
Ovtcharov True carbon is a 5.5mm thick carbon blade. Extremely good control with high spin.
Stiga Intensity NCT can be just as fast as some carbon blade.

These are my suggestions.