viscaria +t05 --------------for 50 eur

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Misleading title... borderline spam... This premade racket is far from any paddle anyone could put together for 1/3 of the price.

played it today, it's awesome.
blade is a nice viscaria clone.
rubbers have less spin than tenergy but same speed and feel.

voila.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: thomas.pong
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

well that's why I made the thread, because I think at least there could be a comparison.

No way.

I've tried Decathlon premades that people have brought to the club. It could be worse be they're not great whatsoever (same with premades from big brands), and they have to swap to better equipment in order to learn proper technique. The setups we recommend instead (Banco, nothing fancy) cost 40€ and are very good.

The rubbers from Pongori (Decathlon brand) are actually not bad, but the blades are rubbish.
How you can even compare these 38 degree rubbers to 47 deg Tenergy in the first place is beyond understanding. The feel can't even begin to be the same, let's not even talk about grip and spin.

I'm not even saying this because I happen to play with Viscaria and T05 FX BH, I just don't want people to be mislead. You can buy great blades and rubbers that are different and/or can actually stand comparison for much cheaper, from brands like DHS, Yinhe, Palio... for example, and not waste 50€, which is a lot of money btw.

Truth be told.

Last edited:
Reactions: Music&Ping
We have a big Decathlon store here in my town.
For several years the only goods I've bought from them are gloves, a hat, elbow bandage and 6 TT balls for my cat.
Very poor quality for not so low price.
If we compare price-to-quality, Decathlon is much more expensive than Butterfly.
That's my personal opinion.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
We have a big Decathlon store here in my town.
For several years the only goods I've bought from them are gloves, a hat, elbow bandage and 6 TT balls for my cat.
Very poor quality for not so low price.
If we compare price-to-quality, Decathlon is much more expensive than Butterfly.
That's my personal opinion.

Nah, they have excellent shoe deodorant.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
No way.

I've tried Decathlon premades that people have brought to the club. It could be worse be they're not great whatsoever (same with premades from big brands), and they have to swap to better equipment in order to learn proper technique. The setups we recommend instead (Banco, nothing fancy) cost 40€ and are very good.

The rubbers from Pongori (Decathlon brand) are actually not bad, but the blades are rubbish.
How you can even compare these 38 degree rubbers to 47 deg Tenergy in the first place is beyond understanding. The feel can't even begin to be the same, let's not even talk about grip and spin.

I'm not even saying this because I happen to play with Viscaria and T05 FX BH, I just don't want people to be mislead. You can buy great blades and rubbers that are different and/or can actually stand comparison for much cheaper, from brands like DHS, Yinhe, Palio... for example, and not waste 50€, which is a lot of money btw.

Truth be told.

how can you talk about a product you haven't tried?

"viscaria with tenergy 05? hell no!!! I tried primorac with sriver and it was terrible so all products from butterfly are terrible"
this is basically what you are saying.

if you want the best for your players you would send them to buy this decathlon instead of some crappy banco 5 ply for 40 eur

• Haha
Reactions: Music&Ping
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

have you tried the ttr 900 off?
no.

"yeeeeeaaaahhhhh I tried butterfly socks and they got dirty after a week so viscaria? a terrible product!!!"

I have tried several of their TT products including these rubbers, and they're not great.

On the other hand, I think Decathlon makes great clothing and shoes, bags... even decent TT tables.

The rubbers are actually not bad, but come on man, let's be real, they're nowhere near T05.

If you can't tell the difference, I'm thinking you either haven't been playing at a club for very long, or you haven't actually tried or tested a Viscaria + T05 properly, or a Yinhe V-14 Pro with Palio AK47 rubbers for that matter.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
I have tried several of their TT products including these rubbers, and they're not great.

On the other hand, I think Decathlon makes great clothing and shoes, bags... even decent TT tables.

The rubbers are actually not bad, but come on man, let's be real, they're nowhere near T05.

If you can't tell the difference, I'm thinking you either haven't been playing at a club for very long, or you haven't actually tried or tested a Viscaria + T05 properly, or a Yinhe V-14 Pro with Palio AK47 rubbers for that matter.

I said in the first message the rubbers have less spin than the tenergy (they are not spinny rubbers at all, unless you really engage the sponge).
I also said that speed is quite similar to tenergy.... also the bouncy feel.
And well the blade is a chinese viscaria.

Decathlon is 50, visc+05 is 250...........I can get 5 decathlon for one butterfly.
I'd say it's a good discussion.
Not saying decathlon wins overall.... just saying it would be good to know what people who have used both think.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2020
Well good for you, but please don't mislead people.

I'm with Thomas on that point: Decathlon is indeed making huge efforts to create a nice beginners offer for clubs, having Jean-Michel Saive in their designers team is a bonus for sure, but still... many of their own Pongori line rackets are made in China, and they are made like all those clones you can see on Aliexpress, is it ayous or kiri for the core ? Koto for the outer veneer ? ALC quality ? they don't tell ya, so... yeah better not mislead people here.

• Love
This user has no status.
Yinhe V-14 pro is the best viscsria clone for cheap.

If we are going on value proposition then a Loki RXTN 1 blade for 8 euros and 2*7 euro focus snipe 3 is probably the best value for money.

​​​​​​Your best viscsria and t-05 alternative for cheap is probably V-14 pro with either fastarc G1 or MX-P. I would have G1 fh and mxP bh. Both are spinny and relatively fast. This also saved a lot (40eu blade and 2*40 eu rubbers for 120 not 250). The rubber are also specifically t05 competition

Bouncy rubber and chinese viscsria doesn't make a viscsria and t-05 any more than putting bryce high-speed on a 729 outer carbon

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Yinhe V-14 pro is the best viscsria clone for cheap.

If we are going on value proposition then a Loki RXTN 1 blade for 8 euros and 2*7 euro focus snipe 3 is probably the best value for money.

​​​​​​Your best viscsria and t-05 alternative for cheap is probably V-14 pro with either fastarc G1 or MX-P. I would have G1 fh and mxP bh. Both are spinny and relatively fast. This also saved a lot (40eu blade and 2*40 eu rubbers for 120 not 250). The rubber are also specifically t05 competition

Bouncy rubber and chinese viscsria doesn't make a viscsria and t-05 any more than putting bryce high-speed on a 729 outer carbon

this thread is quite funny cause everybody says "this is good, this is bad, do this, do that, you are a liar, you are misleading"....... yet none of these people have actually tried the ttr 900 off.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Because the rubbers are completely wrong, someone in this thread said they have them and their not spinny unless you dig the sponge and they are a much lighter hardness.
T-05 is famous for being very spinny with brush shots and top sheet grip but being sensitive, so the top sheet is wrong, then the sponge is much softer.
The blade may be acceptable but it's cheaper to buy a definitely awesome blade in the V-14 and put on actual tenergy alternatives rather than throwing out the two rubbers.

This is more like an alternative to Donic JP-03. The blade may have the same composition but the actual carbon weave is very important, I had an amazing waldner Zylon Off blade from Donic but made by soulspin and it played beautifully, but the carbon was completely different to a bty one, the weave was tight and more blended. Even the V-14 is too stiff and hard compared to a VIS.

The blade is probably the only comparable thing here. But if you have to buy the rubbers with it the deal is reduced heavily

• Love