viscaria +t05 --------------for 50 eur

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Music&Ping;340434 said:

I'm with Thomas on that point: Decathlon is indeed making huge efforts to create a nice beginners offer for clubs, having Jean-Michel Saive in their designers team is a bonus for sure, but still... many of their own Pongori line rackets are made in China, and they are made like all those clones you can see on Aliexpress, is it ayous or kiri for the core ? Koto for the outer veneer ? ALC quality ? they don't tell ya, so... yeah better not mislead people here.

And that's coming from 2 Frenchmen! 😀

I support Decathlon, great international company from France which makes good products at reasonable prices, but you simply cannot compare this blade with a Viscaria and these rubbers with Tenergys.

Reactions: Music&Ping
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

this thread is quite funny cause everybody says "this is good, this is bad, do this, do that, you are a liar, you are misleading"....... yet none of these people have actually tried the ttr 900 off.

I've tried these rubbers. Also this blade is as good as the Yinhe V-14 Pro at best and likely not.

Be real, you've never tried a Viscaria, and maybe never tried T05 either.

I'm with passifid, I'd rather buy a Yinhe V-14 Pro or Pro Power for 35€, and either add 2 G-1 or MX-P at 30€ each (total 95€), or 2 Palio AK47 at 13€ each (total 60€), than spend 50€ on a whatever blade with 2 sub-optimal rubbers. I'd also rather spend 40€ on a Banco paddle.

I don't think you're a liar, you believe what you say, but you are hugely misleading to recommend people to buy this Pongori setup by originally saying that it's as good as Viscaria and T05 and using a clickbait title. They can get far better setups for this amount of money and less.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
I've tried these rubbers. Also this blade is as good as the Yinhe V-14 Pro at best and likely not.

I'm with passifid, I'd rather buy a Yinhe V-14 Pro or Pro Power for 35€, and either add 2 G-1 or MX-P at 30€ each (total 95€), or 2 Palio AK47 at 13€ each (total 60€), than spend 50€ on a whatever blade with 2 sub-optimal rubbers. I'd also rather spend 40€ on a Banco paddle.

I don't think you're a liar, you believe what you say, but you are hugely misleading to recommend people to buy this Pongori setup by originally saying that it's as good as Viscaria and T05 and using a clickbait title. They can get far better setups for this amount of money and less.

I have owned many viscarias.
old viscarias, new viscarias.

personally I don't see the big deal about them.

I actually have one resting in an old closet while I carry and sometimes use a donic baum esprit.

So you can see how much I respect viscaria.
Yes I believe baum esprit can compete with viscaria and ttr900off can also compete with viscaria.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019

I actually have one resting in an old closet while I carry and sometimes use a donic baum esprit (cheap viscaria clone).

Yes I believe baum esprit can compete with viscaria and ttr900off can also compete with viscaria.

Now your next comment will be how I'm not good enough to appreciate the difference between viscaria and baum esprit lol.

Oh... by the way.... I know semi pro players who play baum esprit.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
If you don't see the big deal, why buy so many of the same model?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews

There is also the new Pro 01
https://pl.aliexpress.com/item/1005001671012705.html

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2020
And that's coming from 2 Frenchmen! 😀

I support Decathlon, great international company from France which makes good products at reasonable prices, but you simply cannot compare this blade with a Viscaria and these rubbers with Tenergys.

I used to know one of the Decathlon designers in person very well, a belgian guy specialized in golf. He also plays TT and tennis. He married my sister's BFF. We used to talk a lot about his job at the HQ in Villeneuve D'Ascq, pretty simple, like all the western companies nowadays: you design at home, you throw it to Asia, Asia make it, they ship it to you, and you sell it at home. Only designers and sellers. Because marging matters first.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
decathlon is awesome really.
it's a big punch in the face of big brands and their high prices.

for tt they have rackets, blades, rubbers, balls, glue, tables, nets.....everything

for basketball for example they have their own brand tarmak.... everything is always cheaper than other brands like adidas, spalding, molten and similar quality.

they even have their surfing brand called "olaian".
you go to the beach in places with a decathlon store and everybody is using "olaian" boards because they are the cheapest and have great quality.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
We aren't saying they're bullshit. I'm a frenchman born in the north of France, I studied in... Villeneuve d'Ascq (Lille III University), in the suburbs of Lille, I know Decathlon since its very beginning.

In the late 80's early 90's they used to sell high end TT stuff: as a student I've bought my Mark V rubbers, Stiga Clipper blades and speed glue there. Trust me: their TT "shop" has really gone down...

Of course they make good stuff, I'm actually using their Badminton shirts (Perfly brand) for TT and some running (the Kalenji brand) pants. Their kettlebells are also... ok, not much. For beginners or for an opening club that needs beginners stuff I would recommend Decathlon for sure cos' it's possible to make bargain deals with them.

But for serious TT competition stuff... I think I'll pass, I know how it's done...

Last edited:
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

I actually have one resting in an old closet while I carry and sometimes use a donic baum esprit (cheap viscaria clone).

Now your next comment will be how I'm not good enough to appreciate the difference between viscaria and baum esprit lol.

Oh... by the way.... I know semi pro players who play baum esprit.

You can't say you "respect Viscaria" and "I don't see the big deal about them" in the same sentence, it doesn't add up... lmao. If you respected the Viscaria, you wouldn't compare it with the Pongori.

Now you throw in the Donic Baum Esprit into the mix for whatever reason, diversion maybe, and you expect us to diss that blade? It's a very respected blade, everyone knows it, one you can actually compete with Viscaria, unlike the Pongori.

Wow, you know semi-pros who use the Baum Esprit, I can't believe it... Of course, they do, it's an excellent blade. Anders Lind uses it btw, oh and Patrick Baum too, what a surprise! I know pros and semi-pros who use far more basic blades that the Baum Esprit, that's not the point.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Music&Ping;340493 said:
We aren't saying they're bullshit. I'm a frenchman born in the north of France, I studied in... Villeneuve d'Ascq (Lille III University), in the suburbs of Lille, I know Decathlon since its very beginning.

In the late 80's early 90's they used to sell high end TT stuff: as a student I've bought my Mark V rubbers, Stiga Clipper blades and speed glue there. Trust me: their TT "shop" has really gone down...

Of course they make good stuff, I'm actually using their Badminton shirts (Perfly brand) for TT and some running (the Kalenji brand) pants. Their kettlebells are also... ok, not much. For beginners or for an opening club that needs beginners stuff I would recommend Decathlon for sure cos' it's possible to make bargain deals with them.

But for serious TT competition stuff... I think I'll pass, I know how it's done...

maybe you are too exquisite..... after all you are french 😁
they don't just sell pongori, they sell tibhar, stiga, etc.
https://www.decathlon.fr/browse/c0-tous-les-sports/c1-tennis-de-table/c2-raquettes/_/N-ud6s2d

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
decathlon is awesome really.
it's a big punch in the face of big brands and their high prices.

for tt they have rackets, blades, rubbers, balls, glue, tables, nets.....everything

for basketball for example they have their own brand tarmak.... everything is always cheaper than other brands like adidas, spalding, molten and similar quality.

they even have their surfing brand called "olaian".
you go to the beach in places with a decathlon store and everybody is using "olaian" boards because they are the cheapest and have great quality.
You can't generalize, I think a lot of their stuff is good, some is great, some is crap.

Their Tarmak basketballs are good, but you can get better balls from Spalding, Wilson...

Their running shoes are good, but you can get better ones from Asics, Mizuno...

Their clothing is actually really good, but it's easier to copy clothing than gear.

Their TT tables are alright, especially the outdoor ones, but you can get better ones from Butterfly, Cornilleau...

My dad used to be a semi-pro windsurfer, he wouldn't touch Decathlon's stuff, but he was fine with their kites...

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
You can't say you "respect Viscaria" and "I don't see the big deal about them" in the same sentence, it doesn't add up... lmao. If you respected the Viscaria, you wouldn't compare it with the Pongori.

Now you throw in the Donic Baum Esprit into the mix for whatever reason, diversion maybe, and you expect us to diss that blade? It's a very respected blade, everyone knows it, one you can actually compete with Viscaria, unlike the Pongori.

Wow, you know semi-pros who use the Baum Esprit, I can't believe it... Of course, they do, it's an excellent blade. Anders Lind uses it btw. I know pros and semi-pros who use far more basic blades that the Baum Esprit, that's not the point.

"So you can see how much I respect viscaria." -------> means ----> I don't respect viscaria at all.
you need to wd-40 your english skills my ami.
you can buy wd-40 in decathlon by the way.

and about the blade.... you are just making yourself look really bad.
the quality of the baum esprit and the pongori 900 is similar.
decathlon france doesn't carry many items but you can buy the blade alone.... similar price to the baum actually.
https://www.decathlon.be/nl/p/houtje-voor-tafeltennis-ttw-900-off/_/R-p-306179?mc=8548287

I have both and if you ask me which one I prefer...I'm not sure which one I would choose.
the baum is a bit more vibrating.... the pongori feels very solid, even more than viscaria.
definitely if the pongori comes with a good set of rubbers I would choose this over the baum.

Last edited:
  • Haha
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

"So you can see how much I respect viscaria." -------> means ----> I don't respect viscaria at all.
you need to wd-40 your english skills my ami.
you can buy wd-40 in decathlon by the way.

and about the blade.... you are just making yourself look really bad.
the quality of the baum esprit and the pongori 900 is similar.
decathlon france doesn't carry many items but you can buy the blade alone.... similar price to the baum actually.
https://www.decathlon.be/nl/p/houtje-voor-tafeltennis-ttw-900-off/_/R-p-306179?mc=8548287

I have both and if you ask me which one I prefer...I'm not sure which one I would choose.
the baum is a bit more vibrating.... the pongori feels very solid, even more than viscaria.
definitely if the pongori comes with a good set of rubbers I would choose this over the baum.

Now you want to comment on my English? You're ridiculous. Me not understanding your sarcasm has nothing to do with language and everything to do with your poor context. Do you want me to point out English grammatical mistakes you've made in this thread and others or are we talking about TT?

Do you work for Decathlon or do you sleep at their store in one of their sleeping bags at night since you're such a fan boy? You're telling me all their stuff is the best? You should step out of Decathlon and into the real world.

But hey, my people thank you for the free advertising!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
gif.gif

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Ok so now we know it's the same wood composition, but not the same thickness.
I'd say ... like many Viscaria clones, and as a musician I'll stress that wood quality matters too: a cheaper blade with same wood composition can also mean cheaper woods, how did they age ? how did they dry them in Asia ?

Of course Butterfly sometimes put some insane prices on their items, but I'd prefer trust a blade made by Yinhe or DHS that is 1/2 the price of a BTY Viscaria than anything else. 40€ here isn't realistic, and as we say in french "quand c'est flou, il y a un loup...'