viscaria +t05 --------------for 50 eur

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2020
Thriller%20pedalboard%20setup.jpg

Kuba Hajto;340503
gif.gif

Exactly me when I have to play it in weddings or cover bands hahaha ALL PEDALS ON !!!

• Love
Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Now you want to comment on my English? You're ridiculous. Me not understanding your sarcasm has nothing to do with language and everything to do with your poor context. Do you want me to point out English grammatical mistakes you've made in this thread and others or are we talking about TT?

Do you work for Decathlon or do you sleep at their store in one of their sleeping bags at night since you're such a fan boy? You're telling me all their stuff is the best? You should step out of Decathlon and into the real world.

But hey, my people thank you for the free advertising!

my comment was very clear man.
maybe a bit of humbleness wouldn't hurt....

as for the comment:
"But hey, my people thank you for the free advertising!"

stop the attitude that everything that was born in france is yours man.
just cut the thing of france this and france that.... it's my little shop from my town when I was growing up in the 80s...

today decathlon has over 1600 stores in around 60 countries....
they have who knows how many propietary brands... pongori, tarmak, olaian, etc.... all making great cheap products.

so your little shop from france is just an old memory.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2020
Of course they need to export the brand, so to open stores worldwide, especially in the BRICS countries because the french market is saturated, means that... 324 of the stores are actually located in France, France is still the N°1 in that case. China ranked #2 with 293 stores, see the difference in population/stores ratio ? I'm living in a small village here in France, but I've got a Decathlon store at 15 km .... and another one at 35 km ... and another one at 41 km... and another one at 54 km !! 🤣

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

my comment was very clear man.maybe a bit of humbleness wouldn't hurt....as for the comment:"But hey, my people thank you for the free advertising!"stop the attitude that everything that was born in france is yours man.just cut the thing of france this and france that.... it's my little shop from my town when I was growing up in the 80s...today decathlon has over 1600 stores in around 60 countries....they have who knows how many propietary brands... pongori, tarmak, olaian, etc.... all making great cheap products.so your little shop from france is just an old memory.

Your comment was very clear? You say you've owned many Viscarias, yet you don't understand what all the fuss is about, then why own so many? You're a walking contradiction. Yet, you want to talk humbleness when you criticize my English?

"But hey, my people thank you for the free advertising!" -------> means ----> sarcasm.
you need to wd-40 your english skills mon ami.
you can buy wd-40 in you favorite store by the way.

If you understood sarcasm and read what I've written, you'd know I've been mostly criticizing Decathlon but giving them some props too (where credit is due), not bosting the fact that it started in France. It was never a little shop btw, and it's not from my hometown.

Thanks for looking up their history and corporate achievements on Wikipedia for all of us to marvel!

I'm so very sad Decathlon was never a wee bit shop in France and that we have to share it with the world, and all the found memories of my childhood there, buying Air Max's, kites, my first paddle (Secrétin), all has gone to the crapper... oh sorry me. 😅

PS: Sarcasm

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Music&Ping
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
it's funny you thought decathlon was just a mediocre store in france.
decathlon is the biggest sport goods retailer in the world.
https://www.sgieurope.com/infograph...rting-goods-retailers-worldwide/85210.article
they probably sell as many pongori rackets in one month as butterfly sells in 2 years.
this gives them access to the best providers worldwide which allows them to sell their stuff for cheap and still make profit.

and they actually have more than 20 brands
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decathlon_(retailer)
they are huuuuuuuuuuuge.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
https://www.sgieurope.com/infograph...rting-goods-retailers-worldwide/85210.article
they probably sell as many pongori rackets in one month as butterfly sells in 2 years.
this gives them access to the best providers worldwide which allows them to sell their stuff for cheap and still make profit.

Yeah because a lot of noobs want to play. Most of these people make an uneducated choice and they are 100% happy with it. Most people do not care about table tennis technique, they are just weekend warriors and that is 100% fine. They are not selling a lot of table tennis equipment because it is good or cheap. They do that because they have bazillion of other stuff (people just buy tt equipment at decathlon because of "yeah, I will buy this while I am here") and they are recognizable as a sports good vendor.

That was the case for me. 10 years ago I bought there my first bat, and it was an utter unusable garbage by my current standards, for 10-15 years old me though, who played only occasionally it was "best thing ever".

Right now I only by shoe deodorant there... I found better sources for other equipment I need...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019

Yeah because a lot of noobs want to play. Most of these people make an uneducated choice and they are 100% happy with it. Most people do not care about table tennis technique, they are just weekend warriors and that is 100% fine. They are not selling a lot of table tennis equipment because it is good or cheap. They do that because they have bazillion of other stuff (people just buy tt equipment at decathlon because of "yeah, I will buy this while I am here") and they are recognizable as a sports good vendor.

That was the case for me. 10 years ago I bought there my first bat, and it was an utter unusable garbage by my current standards, for 10-15 years old me though, who played only occasionally it was "best thing ever".

Right now I only by shoe deodorant there... I found better sources for other equipment I need...

honestly..... if you are starting and you buy a pongori.... maybe a 3 star, a 4 star....it's not a bad choice.

years ago I was an elitist too...... I thought I needed a viscaria with tenergy.
eventually I learned that it doesn't really matter.
you know what I used in my last tournament?
tibhar iv-l with bty rozena both sides.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews

honestly..... if you are starting and you buy a pongori.... maybe a 3 star, a 4 star....it's a great choice.

years ago I was an elitist too...... I thought I needed a viscaria with tenergy.

Nah, that c**p was so unconsistent (few ultra similar hits were all kinds of directions), I did not made any significant improvements until I upgraded to Palio Hidden Dragon*2 on Appelgren Allplay. Having equipment that is consistent in every hit makes learning a loooot easier, especially if it costs similar money if you look long enough.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
I'm not in France, I'm in Bulgaria, and I know very well what Decathlon is, and I have a big Decathlon store in 2 km from where I live.

My question is are there any Decathlon stores in your place - Aaland, and/or Finland?

it was during a trip that I went to decathlon.
I didn't know what to expect.... and I found a huge store with tons of stuff for sports and at very cheap prices.
it was like christmas again 😂

Last edited:
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

and they actually have more than 20 brands
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decathlon_(retailer)
they are huuuuuuuuuuuge.
Nobody thinks or said Decathlon is a mediocre store... stop putting words in people's mouths. Their paddles are a different story...

And just about everybody knows they're huge (except maybe in the US, although I know a store was about to open in SF a few years ago when I was still living in LA).

Also you don't know Pongori's sales figures vs. Butterfly's, but you're probably right in saying they sell a lot of them, and Kuba's right when he says the demographics who buy them don't care or don't know any better, they just buy what's there. That's what happens to the new people who come to my club, they come with Pongori, Stiga, Joola or Cornilleau premades they bought at Decathlon and they think they're probably great, like how could a paddle cost more than 35€, then we have them try a Tibhar IV-L with basic rubbers (same cost) and they're amazed at the difference.

You say Decathlon have access to the best providers in the world, not necessarily and not always. They make a lot of good middle-of-the-road stuff, but not a lot of great stuff, because they keep their cost cheap in order to keep prices low for the most part. Their quality is often good yet quite a bit less than the premium brands: They don't make shoes like Nike does, they don't make bikes like Specialized does, they don't make extreme gear like The North Face does, and the list goes on and on...

DECATHLON IS A GOOD STORE BUT NOT EVERYTHING THEY MAKE IS GOOD, LET ALONE GREAT.

PS: I buy running clothing and swim stuff there, gym equipment... but there are certain things I certainly wouldn't buy there, paddles are one of them.

Last edited:
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

honestly..... if you are starting and you buy a pongori.... maybe a 3 star, a 4 star....it's not a bad choice.

The Pongori is not a good choice, you can get a better bat made for 40€ or less. All the Pongori I've tried that new members brought were terrible, and when we had them tried simple paddles from Banco or Tibhar, even they could tell the difference instantly.

A Viscaria with Tenergy is not for everybody. I don't think I would use my Viscaria if I wasn't using slow H3 on the FH, and Tenergy 05 is too hard for me on the BH. Hell, even your Pongori carbon is not suited for a beginner, but a beginner wouldn't know that. What I'm getting at is it doesn't take a Viscaria, Tenergy or a big name brand to have a great setup, Banco makes very good setups for cheap, Yinhe makes great blades, Palio great rubbers... Pongori does not make great blades, they do make decent rubbers.

Finally, Tibhar IV-L with 2 Rozena rubbers is a great setup. I had gone back to a Primorac Japan with 2 Rozenas until recently, very similar to what you were using, and it was very good for what I wanted.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

it was during a trip that I went to decathlon.
I didn't know what to expect.... and I found a huge store with tons of stuff for sports and at very cheap prices.
it was like christmas again 😂

And the love story, fantasy and obsession began...

"Never had I seen such a big store with all the sports things in one place, all great, and all cheap... a dream come true. Like a kid, in a candy store."

It's happening everywhere friend, Decathlon, Intersports, Champs Sports, Dick's Sporting Goods, REI, Malls, Outlet Malls... so much of the world you have yet to discover, not just the internet. I'm excited for you.

PS: Again, sarcasm.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Music&Ping and MK73
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Prejudice, diminishing, quote "LOLs" quote, number advantage (like 6 against 1)... Pff, pathetic... It doesn't move you, OP, I like that... And, afai can tell, the forum is mostly not like that! Where is the dignity? (pun intended)
I don't disagree, but your boy started it and wouldn't stop either, so don't give him too much credit. The forum is also not typically a place where such titles and misleading posts are seen. I'd rather people bought good and trusted cheap equipment rather than expensive 50€ not so good premades.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
I don't disagree, but your boy started it and wouldn't stop either, so don't give him too much credit. The forum is also not typically a place where such titles and misleading posts are seen. I'd rather people bought good and trusted cheap equipment rather than expensive 50€ not so good premades.

I understand your motivation. You want to protect people. The title is provoking, I agree. And I think it is intentionally so, because OP trusts (IMO) that people can recognize it. So I don't think it is "bad", or causing harm. But you're right, some protection/caution should be voiced, and you did.

That was the title. Now if you look carefully at the blade, I think all we can say without trying the blade, is, that it really just MAY be a very good Viscaria clone. Structure looks OK, at least the core and outer seems to match the description in the site (Koto, ALC, Limba, Kiri). That still has not much value, it must be tried.

As far as cheap equipment goes, 5 out of 5 rel. cheap (2 European, 3 Chinese) blades I didn't have really positive experience. Perhaps I was not lucky. But for me that Pongori doesn't seem to be worse per-se. Things change...

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I understand your motivation. You want to protect people. The title is provoking, I agree. And I think it is intentionally so, because OP trusts (IMO) that people can recognize it. So I don't think it is "bad", or causing harm. But you're right, some protection/caution should be voiced, and you did.

That was the title. Now if you look carefully at the blade, I think all we can say without trying the blade, is, that it really just MAY be a very good Viscaria clone. Structure looks OK, at least the core and outer seems to match the description in the site (Koto, ALC, Limba, Kiri). That still has not much value, it must be tried.

As far as cheap equipment goes, 5 out of 5 rel. cheap (2 European, 3 Chinese) blades I didn't have really positive experience. Perhaps I was not lucky. But for me that Pongori doesn't seem to be worse per-se. Things change...
True. Having tried their rubbers, they are decent (of course nowhere near as good as Tenergy or AK47, we all know that except OP apparently) but they don't last long at all, there are much better rubbers out there for the same price, for beginners and advanced (Friendship, Palio, DHS...). And all the premades they sell that have come though my club over the years, even very recently, were very bad. Like i said before, this Pongori blade could be at best as good as a V-14 Pro, though I doubt it, but at this price, no way will its quality be as good as blades like Viscaria, which is what OP claims, or Donic Original True Carbon, DHS HL5, Nittaku, Stiga, Yasaka, Andro...

Which 5 blades did you try that were a disappointment?