First video to promote our club (cupmatch)

Yeah, the guys are playing well.

But what exactly you want to promote?

The players, or the club?

The club is a place where people go to have fun with other people.

In this video I see a match between 2 players, that's all.

I had to run an investigation to find out that this is a club with not just 1, but 3 tables, you have a very nice bar with draft beer /what is the brand?/, and you spend good time even when not playing.

So what you promote and how would you compete with other TTC in the area?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2020
Everything is written in flemish language, not easy for everyone for sure. It's actually a cup match between Troelant and Zele, and unfortunately Troelant didn't make it.

It's scary BTW, playing on a slippy concrete floor is insane, so yes the quality of the players must be very good indeed !

This user has no status.
Yeah, the guys are playing well.

But what exactly you want to promote?

The players, or the club?

The club is a place where people go to have fun with other people.

In this video I see a match between 2 players, that's all.

I had to run an investigation to find out that this is a club with not just 1, but 3 tables, you have a very nice bar with draft beer /what is the brand?/, and you spend good time even when not playing.

So what you promote and how would you compete with other TTC in the area?

I want to promote the club in my local area to get more youth players and ensure the survival of our club. Right now i'm the only "youth" at 23 years old. I plan on making more videos and posting on social media about things that happen (fun things and competition related) once covid allows us to play again.
We're not as big but from my experience we're more relaxed? if that is a right word for it. There's no pressure to perform, everyone just plays for fun and drinks something together afterwards

Reactions: Music&Ping
This user has no status.
Music&Ping;340489 said:
Everything is written in flemish language, not easy for everyone for sure. It's actually a cup match between Troelant and Zele, and unfortunately Troelant didn't make it.

It's scary BTW, playing on a slippy concrete floor is insane, so yes the quality of the players must be very good indeed !

I'll try updating the site itself when i get more of an understanding how to do it properly.

In regards to the floor. I know it looks bad (and it was bad that day) but usually it really isn't that slippery

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2020
I'd suggest to invest in the right floor though, cos' it can be scary for parents to see their childs running on that kind of dangerous floor. You don't even have to glue it: Les Loups d'Angers (French Pro A top league) don't have a specific arena, they still have to play their home matches in a place the city of Angers rent them. So each time they have to unroll the floor before the match, and to roll it back after.
https://www.pourlepro.com/sol-sport...if-pvc-tennis-de-table-grabosport-rocket.html

Last edited:

I want to promote the club in my local area to get more youth players and ensure the survival of our club. Right now i'm the only "youth" at 23 years old. I plan on making more videos and posting on social media about things that happen (fun things and competition related) once covid allows us to play again.
We're not as big but from my experience we're more relaxed? if that is a right word for it. There's no pressure to perform, everyone just plays for fun and drinks something together afterwards

OK, thats what was in my mind too and thats why I asked the question.

So - if you want to promote the club to youngsters, you have to show things that youngsters would be interested in.
What you show in this video is two guys who in the eyes of the youngsters are "Pro players". The hall in the video is not in its best shape.
I think that you have to refresh the hall and in a video you have to show all the tables, not only one. It would be good to show youngsters and children playing and having fun, no matter how "bad" they play, on two of the tables, plus your A team playing on the third table. That will show what the youngsters can do to have fun and what they may achieve. Make it fresh, smily and relaxed. In your video and in the description place a link to the FB page.
I saw that you can make wedding parties, so why don't organize birthday parties with beer-pong or whatever. Or TT challenge with some small prizes, etc.
Don't try to look Pro, try to deliver fun.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Also, if filming a match, if there are two right handed players, if you are filming from a similar angle, but from the forehand side of the table, the player nearest the camera will not block visibility of play. Whereas, since you filmed from behind the backhand corner, particularly on serve and receive, most of the play is blocked from visibility.

But I agree with what people said about how, if you are trying to promote the actual club, you should show THE CLUB, rather than just two players.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
It seems like the guy in black shirt serves at 10-10, and 11-10 in the final game; weird!

Edit: Seems like you don't play by standard rules, which might explain the two serves!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017

Ditto, USDC's remarks about the viewing angle. Something was obstructing the view.
Is there a public access channel in your area. Sometimes they look for local content.
I would also show different levels of play.
I would ditch the loud music and have someone explain what is happening.
To the uninitiated it looks like guys hitting balls back a forth. Educate the audience.
Your are not only trying to promote your club but also TT.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Something was obstructing the view.

Yep. The back of the guy on the near side in the video. :)

brokenball;340653

Is there a public access channel in your area. Sometimes they look for local content.
I would also show different levels of play.
I would ditch the loud music and have someone explain what is happening.
To the uninitiated it looks like guys hitting balls back a forth. Educate the audience.
Your are not only trying to promote your club but also TT.

These are excellent suggestions.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017

Yep. The back of the guy on the near side in the video. :)

Yes, I said the viewing angle was not good but there is something that is obstructing the view of the near player in the lower right area if the view.

These are excellent suggestions.

One doesn't become successful at business without a little marketing savvy.
I learned long ago that people won't care about a better mouse trap if they don't know about it.
You have to create the market.

A local community college had a TV station. I think it was for a media class for the students to get experience at different parts of running a TV station, getting and reporting news. Some of the programming was religious. There was a lot of odd ball programming. I noticed there was no TT. I thought it would be good to record multiple games each week during league play. 2 or 3 games from 2 or 3 different levels ( tables ) would be edited down to fit the time needs of the TV station. It never happened though. I think the TV program ran out of funding or local professional news media objected to the station as it is no longer on the air or maybe it is due to the pandemic or limited hours.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl