Short Pic Vid of a typical City/Regional Korean TT Tourney

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
latej,

The earlier vid, with Div 7 female (who would play in Div 5 men in many cites) in natl Opens, she would play the lowest Div (Div 5), but have zero chance of getting very far. many Div 3 city players play Div 5 Natl Open level.

The male player in the vid, who was listed as club Div 5... he would be Div 3 or 4 mens city level... he COULD play in Div 5 and advance halfway... but the Ringers would get him sooner or later. In a field of 400 players in a Natl Open, there are at LEAST 40 Ringers who are truely 3-4 levels better. NO WAY anyone gunna win a match vs that level... even IF they win one match vs that level, there are more to go through... just isn't gunna happen. A player that class would barely make it halfway through the tourney before getting knocked out.

The last vid I did, with the two ladies, they would be Div 5 mens level, the one who lost Div 4 - I am talking City level... and if they played in Men's Divisions (the ladies can do that if they are too good to compete in women's divisions) NEITHER of those two would last very far in Div 5 mens in a Natl Open... Ringers and non-ringers would eat them at their level.

Reactions: IB66
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
The earlier vid, with Div 7 female (who would play in Div 5 men in many cites) in natl Opens, she would play the lowest Div (Div 5), but have zero chance of getting very far. many Div 3 city players play Div 5 Natl Open level.

The male player in the vid, who was listed as club Div 5... he would be Div 3 or 4 mens city level... he COULD play in Div 5 and advance halfway... but the Ringers would get him sooner or later. In a field of 400 players in a Natl Open, there are at LEAST 40 Ringers who are truely 3-4 levels better. NO WAY anyone gunna win a match vs that level... even IF they win one match vs that level, there are more to go through... just isn't gunna happen. A player that class would barely make it halfway through the tourney before getting knocked out.

The last vid I did, with the two ladies, they would be Div 5 mens level, the one who lost Div 4 - I am talking City level... and if they played in Men's Divisions (the ladies can do that if they are too good to compete in women's divisions) NEITHER of those two would last very far in Div 5 mens in a Natl Open... Ringers and non-ringers would eat them at their level.

Understand, good explanation. I'm getting the city vs national a bit better.

In here: "the one who lost Div 4", I think you mean "the one who won Div 4".

So the guy from the 1st match is slightly better than the lady who won in the 2nd match.

Inter-division prostitution complicates things... (from District 9 - inter-species :)

When time comes/permits, please bump the level 1 up with another video.

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
latej,

Both the ladies were very consistent, but you can see the difference to that Div 1 lady in your previous vid, much faster!!

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Both the ladies were very consistent, but you can see the difference to that Div 1 lady in your previous vid, much faster!!

You ought to look up Park Ji Soo on youtube... or copy paste 박지수 탁구 into a youtube search and look for a somewhat tallish lady playing a very consistent game with some variety.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Here is Park Ji Soo playing vs a High School Pro-Trained athlete in a natl open tourney... SHe gets handicap of 3 pts, the spread between Div 1 to Chmp Lg to Pro division.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/DiyUxxjV9xw?autohide=1&controls=1&showinfo=0

Hi Der,

thanks for posting.

I watched the match the moment you said we should put 박지수 탁구 into youtube search. Max entertaining.

You say she gets handicap of 3pts - she leads 3:0 at start of each set - I thought the way to say it is that HE gets handicap, no?

During watching I thought it's kind of tight and then in the decider she leads 8:3, and loses (I know I should not disclose, sorry, but), I was not sure what to think of it. It seems he didn't play 100% mostly, and at the end he activated turbo/focus mode.

Showed vids of Haruka before, Japanese lady, lives in Korea, sponsored by Nexy Korea, plays Div 2 Natl level... appears in Takkyu's vids sometimes, also occasionally in the Samsung Life TT series.

She playing another sponsored player Div 4 Natl.

You all would like that club.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/THA3sDFBPv4?autohide=1&controls=1&showinfo=0

Great match. Hadjime. I like Haruka's gentle effortless power style.

You say the other lady, not Haruka, plays Div 4 Natl. Is it her true level? How far would she go in Div 3 Natl?

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Here is Park Ji Soo playing vs a High School Pro-Trained athlete in a natl open tourney... SHe gets handicap of 3 pts, the spread between Div 1 to Chmp Lg to Pro division.

Cheers for the vid!!
Both very nice players, Miss/Mrs (?) PJS was a little unlucky, had a few easy(ish) chances to kill a few points off. The fella has very good loop kills on both wings, BH a little less consistent.
Both had deceptive serves, and varied. PJS was so close to a ‘TAXI’ serve down his FH wing, but he just got a touch on the ball !!! Shame !!!
PJS is pretty consistent and controlled, excellent blocking and switched play to wings with ease.
Enjoyed the match, very close!! Handicap worked very well in this instance. Dude was down in a couple of sets and attacked well to get back to 9:9!!! Could have gone either way.

Reactions: Der_Echte
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews

Great match. Hadjime. I like Haruka's gentle effortless power style.

You say the other lady, not Haruka, plays Div 4 Natl. Is it her true level? How far would she go in Div 3 Natl?

Hi Latej,

The Korean lady you are discussing, she is Joo, Jeoung-Min. How would she fare in a Natl Open tourney in Div 4 mens? The division would eat her up. She would have some wins as there are some weak players on bottom half of Div 4, but even those before th elite Div 4 level would stomp on her toes pretty bad.

If Joo Jeoung-Min played Div 3 without improving a few levels, then it would be simple murder.

If you watched last year, I posted a vid series where Yoo Nam Gyu and a famous 60 yr old + coach covered basics of FH and BH in seperate vids... Of course Nexy Korea splurged for uniforms and sponsored Samsung Life and Takkyu to produce it all... and a couple years ago, Jeoung-Min and another similar female got trained by the coaches with Takkyu. They made a LOT of progress doing that... so it wouldn't surprise me if Jeoung-Min gets more reps, more training, more seasoning, more feel and growth that she could grow another few levels. That happens to those with enough talent and who stay with it and train efective enough. There are also those who train their whole life and never make it past Div 5 national.

Jeoung-min might make it as a Div 3 city player with a decent win percentage, but even there, she would not be dominating the field... there are too many sandbagging ringers in Div 3 (who are actually strong Div 1 city players) who are kept that way by clubs for glory in the team event... Nope, she would be feared a bit at that level, get some wins from the bottom and middle feeders of city Div 3, but the elite of that division would pick their teeth after eating her.

Reactions: latej
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Here is a match, same Guri tourney of group stage in Div 2 natl tourney. Both these players would lose to the elite Div 4 Natl players. This is a group stage of the teams event and I do not think the winner will get too far competing in this division, especially in the team eent which is even more stacked with ringers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
The Korean lady you are discussing, she is Joo, Jeoung-Min. How would she fare in a Natl Open tourney in Div 4 mens? The division would eat her up. She would have some wins as there are some weak players on bottom half of Div 4, but even those before th elite Div 4 level would stomp on her toes pretty bad.

If Joo Jeoung-Min played Div 3 without improving a few levels, then it would be simple murder.

Thanks. Understand, so her level is more like Div 4, very good. Now I saw players from Div 5 (lady, officially Div 7, but you said she would be typical male Div 5), Div 4 (herself - JJM), Div 2 (Haruka), Div 1 (Park Ji Soo), and level above (Chmp Lg to Pro - the guy who played with PJS). Would you mind posting some Div 3 +- 1 match?

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Haha, I bad talked the winner of the Div 2 vs Div 2 match, and dude faces a Div 0 (Div ZERO) dude and immediatly spanks that Div 0 azz. Took forever for that old dude Div 0 to figure out how to play and even then it didn't help him much. I thought that Div 0 dude was over-rated or tired from too much drinking day before match.

Wow, Div 2 dude was a better ssandbagger than I though, he barely played in earlier match, and this one, shows a much higher level in rallies.

Reactions: latej and Tinykin
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
And here is our Nexy Korea sponsored Div 2 ringer in a match with teh famous Yoon Hong-Gyoon... YHG has been around a LONG time in Div 1 national (sponsored by Nexy) and everyone knows him and his level... Nexy even made a blade for him, the Nexy Ace. Then YHG joins up with a rival outfit T-Balance. YHG is a KNOWN commodity you can measure against. Dude doesn't have bad days at the ofice - he figures stuff out. YHG goes down 7-10 in game one, then makes deuce. Is down 5-9 in Game 2 and gets back to 9-9, and battles back from 0-7 into contention in Game 4. Good examples there of that guy's mental toughness in tourneys. He has been there and done the battles.

Here, YHG coughs up a 2 pt handicap. Our ringer is a ringer, but so good, he never showed it first vid.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Guy in glasses has PIPS on his red rubber BH and his opponent acts like he never saw pips very much... LOLROFLOL as 80-90% of Korean women us OX LP on thier BH, so he MUST have played vs pips before...Pips dude is real funneh as he just stands there and block block block, but sometimes attacks for winners. THIS IS A SEMI-FINAL of Men's Singles in Div 3 of Guri Natl Open 2019.

latej, Powershot Koo's U-Tube channel is chock full of vids, check it out. On the screen befre vid, and in title, he shows level of player, he films mostly natl opens.

Last edited:
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
To confuse latej even moar...

Here is a vid from a national tourney for club teams... Womens Div... glasses is ladies Div 2, yellow is Div 3... the glasses would be a good mens Div 4 city level, could hang with some Div 3 mens city. The Div 3 lady in yellow would be a Div 5 mens.

When women get to be good enough to be to strong for ladies Div 1, then they go to mens Div 3 city and move up from there. One of my best tourneys ever in Korea was defeating a very skilled lady competing in Div 3 mens, she regularly murdered mens Div 3, but I spun her out of the gym... to make semis of city toureny then faced ANOTHER Inverted/SP BH player who was even more a killer. That is how it goes at top of the divisions. Tourney directors made me Div 2 after that, even though I never won anything.

This touney got picked up as a TV show for a major channel, so that is why you see REAL PRO CAMERA video equipment and professional venue.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Here is me back in Korea in 2010 or 2011 taking a pic with our pal Yoon Hong Gyoon at a big money tourney where all the sharks came out to eat the money and each other.

48356224_1989502684464835_7313833382394200064_n.jpg

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Here is our Joo JUng Min getting a lesson from Samsung Life Pro Team coach and Takkyu, who is feeding the balls.

Even very beginning Koreans have a FH flat hit close to the table like this with a little less spin. The shot being "learned" iss a FH loop, a topspin, but they are not exactly loading the ball with topspin... these are more like 60% power shots with a little maybe medium spin at best... the typical connecting topspin in a rally close to the table for Koreans.

JJM looks pretty good in this kind of drill, moany people taking lessons look good in practice, given balls to a place they know and predict, but match play is another animal. I timed vid to her starting practice. Timing of vid not working, go to 4:44 to see Jung-Min FH loop.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Overall, this series by youtube channel Tak-Cheo has a LOT of good stuff for beginners and up to lower advanced players. (Advanced can be simple stuff done faser/more consistent)

The vid in previous post has English translations that are close enough to get the job done, wierd if you do not know how Koreans thing, but close enough to get most of the main ideas.

I do not know how many vids Jung Min did in this series, at least 5 or 6 I think... and I bet some serious amount of cheese-its there was 10x the training done of camera to get them to be able to demonstrate with acceptable amount of quality and consistency before tehy go live rolling the cameras.