First Custom Racket for Beginner suggestions

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2021
Hello everyone, this is my first post here,
I am a beginner to table tennis, I first started taking the game seriously and trying to improve 6 months ago. I have been using a decent quality premade paddle. I have been thinking it is time to move onto a custom made one, but I dont really know where to start, from what I have heard for a beginner a 5 ply all wood paddle is best and I am kind of intrigued with Chinese rubbers, I would like suggestions for the blade and FH and BH rubbers, the rubber for FH preferably be a tacky Chinese one.
Thank you for your suggestions!

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Hi and welcome to the forum!

What's your budget? Do you have a preferred brand?

Off the top of my head, I'd say a Xiom Offensive S blade, with DHS Hurricane 3 2.15mm on the FH (forehand) and Xiom Vega Europe 2.0mm on the BH (backhand).

You can purchase this setup for a great price at tabletennis11.com with fast free DHL shipping.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
my budget is around 60 USD

Depending on country-specific pricing you might be able to afford Xiom Offensive S + Hurricane 3 Commercial + Palio AK47. Otherwise, you might consider Tibhar Curious (very thin 7 ply <= 6mm), used Primorac/Korbel, Donic Waldner 5 ply etc... I would expect to pay 10-15$ for Hurricane 3, <10$ for AK47 from Aliexpress. Offensive S expensive on aliexpress but in my country its like 30-40$ so that is why I recommended it. As I said, this would country specific.

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong