Training routine to get back in shape after COVID break.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Hi,
I hope that with help of vaccines we all will soon get back to our beloved sport. Some of us have suffered from that terrible disease and want to recover. I would like to open a discussion on excercices / training routine that will help all of us get back in shape and get ready to be back in the game.

For myself I've started doing 1hr walks in mountain terrain, 20 minutes of HIIT, 20 minutes of jumping rope and some leg agility excercices.

This user has no status.
Home office was actually quite helpful for my fitness. Dedicating an hour or two a day to exercise in between work and family is a lot easier now that I don't ghave to spend two hours a day on a bus/tube/car. I tried so many DVD workouts during this time. Insanity by Shaun T is my favourite, but Rushfit by George St. Pierre and UFCfit were good too. For P90 I, unfortunately, don't have any place to hang my TRX. I also run a few times a week. I had to stop for two weeks due to covid but otherwise, confess I long for some culture, social interaction and dare I say parties more than for any sporting activity.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2020
Hi,
I hope that with help of vaccines we all will soon get back to our beloved sport. Some of us have suffered from that terrible disease and want to recover. I would like to open a discussion on excercices / training routine that will help all of us get back in shape and get ready to be back in the game.

For myself I've started doing 1hr walks in mountain terrain, 20 minutes of HIIT, 20 minutes of jumping rope and some leg agility excercices.

This is basically what 've done before the 2nd lockdown here in France in late october. It's got a positive influence on my game really.
What I do now is HIIT 40 mn 3x/week + 15 mn jump rope, alternating with muscles reinforcement the other days, very important for core muscles, I do all those abs, dynamics planks, side planks exercises, vaccum + elastic bands reps for chest, biceps, triceps 1h/day 3x/week too.

Once or 2x/week, footwork exercises for 45 mn.

• Wow
Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2020
Planning to jog 3km 3x a week, then eat a lot of food so it is useless 😁

On the contrary: jogging can waste away muscles, so better eat a lot of proteins after jogging to keep them ! Carbohydrates after jogging is of course a no-no, if you were thinking about pasta, rice, bread and so on, yeah... forget it. Carbohydrates like fruits and honey before sport is excellent, it really helps me, veggies with proteins after is perfect.

Music&Ping;340916 said:

On the contrary: jogging can waste away muscles, so better eat a lot of proteins after jogging to keep them ! Carbohydrates after jogging is of course a no-no, if you were thinking about pasta, rice, bread and so on, yeah... forget it. Carbohydrates like fruits and honey before sport is excellent, it really helps me, veggies with proteins after is perfect.

It was meant as a joke. On a serious note, I need to jog to lose weight. Never concerned about muscle loss.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Music&Ping;340916 said:

I do the same. Without much science, just natural habit. I have breakfast snacks before jogging, sometimes eggs. Then eat a lot of meat as a main meal (late lunch/early dinner) after. I don’t tend to it much carb in main meal.