Virtual Reality | ELEVEN Table Tennis

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned đź‘€

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned đź‘€
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey guys! Today we have something completely unique and different, a virtual reality table tennis Simulator called ELEVEN Table Tennis. In this video we show you what it’s all about and why I think that given time it could actually change the sport forever. 🏓

In the video we demonstrate all of the games features, we practice with the World Number 1 and then finally play a 1 set showdown against the World Number 10!

Have you tried the game yet?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
I picked a Quest 2 up for Xmas and I have to say that Eleven is brilliant. Impossible to overstate how useful it's been for me while I'm stuck at home waiting for the club to open up again. Life finds a way and all that.

I find the FH stroke much harder than the BH in VR, but my teammates would say that just shows how true to life the game is. ;-) It's very realistic - not arcade-y as you might think. Closer to a simulation. Amazing job by the developers.

Dan's much better than me so - me being me - I'm putting that down to the equipment and I'm going to order one of those grip adapters. Top 10 in no time.

This user has no status.
Started playing it just 2 months ago with the goal of helping me train and prepare for tournaments. I can't say enough about it, as it has exceeded all of my expectations.

I don't have a table at home, but now I can train and play as many hours every day as I want, without even leaving my home. What I love is that I play people all over the world and of all different skill levels. Being that you have a ranking (ELO), you can enjoy competitive play to improve your real life game, both physically and mentally. I never thought that during a Pandemic, I'd be able to train and play more than any other time.

I play long pips on one side, so for now that is the only difficulty I have to train exactly as I would on a real table. Short / medium and long pimple surfaces are supposed to be coming soon, so when that happens it will be perfect for me.

Sir Smashalot (Eleven Table Tennis Name)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
Started playing it just 2 months ago with the goal of helping me train and prepare for tournaments. I can't say enough about it, as it has exceeded all of my expectations.

I don't have a table at home, but now I can train and play as many hours every day as I want, without even leaving my home. What I love is that I play people all over the world and of all different skill levels. Being that you have a ranking (ELO), you can enjoy competitive play to improve your real life game, both physically and mentally. I never thought that during a Pandemic, I'd be able to train and play more than any other time.

I play long pips on one side, so for now that is the only difficulty I have to train exactly as I would on a real table. Short / medium and long pimple surfaces are supposed to be coming soon, so when that happens it will be perfect for me.

Sir Smashalot (Eleven Table Tennis Name)

Did you try playing with the settings? I set the spin to the lowest, co-efficient lowest and the rebound very high. For me, that plays very similar to my OX d.tecs in real life. Not perfect... but close to that style.

To anyone else, I'm sure many will write this off as some gimmicky toy. But man... I just got this game and have already played 4+ hours on it! Amazing! Not an exact copy of the game. Very, very close! The practice of serve and serve receive is fantastic! That alone is worth the price to me. Seeing how your serve would be returned, figuring out how to tweak it. Doing that over and over, no picking up balls... The tactic element is invaluable! And you can scale up the difficulty to make it seem like you're playing Ma Long!

If you live in a small town with no one to play against, or no clubs are open in your area... do not hesitate! Buy this NOW!

This user has no status.

Did you try playing with the settings? I set the spin to the lowest, co-efficient lowest and the rebound very high. For me, that plays very similar to my OX d.tecs in real life. Not perfect... but close to that style.

To anyone else, I'm sure many will write this off as some gimmicky toy. But man... I just got this game and have already played 4+ hours on it! Amazing! Not an exact copy of the game. Very, very close! The practice of serve and serve receive is fantastic! That alone is worth the price to me. Seeing how your serve would be returned, figuring out how to tweak it. Doing that over and over, no picking up balls... The tactic element is invaluable! And you can scale up the difficulty to make it seem like you're playing Ma Long!

If you live in a small town with no one to play against, or no clubs are open in your area... do not hesitate! Buy this NOW!

Are you playing in the Beta Preview version? If not, it's possible there to turn the spin right down to zero, which would be the equivalent of frictionless pips. I have it set to 2 or 3 so that it will simulate legal long pips.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
Are you playing in the Beta Preview version? If not, it's possible there to turn the spin right down to zero, which would be the equivalent of frictionless pips. I have it set to 2 or 3 so that it will simulate legal long pips.

No, that would be nice! Are they still letting users into the beta?

This user has no status.

No, that would be nice! Are they still letting users into the beta?

Yes, just ask one of the mods and theyd be happy to get you set up. You can also in the Beta Preview turn the throw down as low as you want, so you'll be able to get it as close as possible to the Grass D.Tec's OX. Once you determine what settings you think are best, let me know, as I'm using the same rubber and would love to compare your thoughts. I'm presently trying to do the same thing...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Careful not to break your appliances hehehe.

Truer words have never been spoken... [emoji2] My friend yesterday ran into his kitchen island going for a shot in a tournament.
Here it is...
8f581516a95d1b560b66b1541142fc05.gif

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
Yes, just ask one of the mods and theyd be happy to get you set up. You can also in the Beta Preview turn the throw down as low as you want, so you'll be able to get it as close as possible to the Grass D.Tec's OX. Once you determine what settings you think are best, let me know, as I'm using the same rubber and would love to compare your thoughts. I'm presently trying to do the same thing...

I got accepted into the beta and toyed around with it today. For me I like the bounciness at 100 and the spin at 5 to simulate my d.tecs. I forgot the co-efficient and throw angle... have to login back in and see what it was. I think it also depends on your usual blade speed and how quick the rebound is, or how far from the table you play.

The normal game only drops to 70 spin, so still a lot grippier than the beta. The spin level has been throwing me off a bit (and costing me valuable ranking points!!!) - but I keep at it!

I feel like there are probably some unique peculiarities to the game that higher ranked gamers are able to exploit. As far as how to contact the ball or which type of spin registers better etc. I'm finding if I add a little side spin on the FH loops, they register better with my controller angle. Day 3...

This user has no status.

I got accepted into the beta and toyed around with it today. For me I like the bounciness at 100 and the spin at 5 to simulate my d.tecs. I forgot the co-efficient and throw angle... have to login back in and see what it was. I think it also depends on your usual blade speed and how quick the rebound is, or how far from the table you play.

The normal game only drops to 70 spin, so still a lot grippier than the beta. The spin level has been throwing me off a bit (and costing me valuable ranking points!!!) - but I keep at it!

I feel like there are probably some unique peculiarities to the game that higher ranked gamers are able to exploit. As far as how to contact the ball or which type of spin registers better etc. I'm finding if I add a little side spin on the FH loops, they register better with my controller angle. Day 3...

That's interesting. I'll have to try with the bounciness at 100. I have never gone past 70 for my long pips side. I had my spin set at 3. In the public version, I have the settings on the one side set to the lowest for all 3 (Spin, Bounce, Throw). It isn't long pips or even anti, but its better than nothing... Works good for chopping, although I'm actually a lousy chopper.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016

That's interesting. I'll have to try with the bounciness at 100. I have never gone past 70 for my long pips side. I had my spin set at 3. In the public version, I have the settings on the one side set to the lowest for all 3 (Spin, Bounce, Throw). It isn't long pips or even anti, but its better than nothing... Works good for chopping, although I'm actually a lousy chopper.

I contacted the devs and they also said a twiddling button is in the works - swapping forehand/backhand side. I twiddle a lot and always serve BH inverted, so that will be a BIG help in having my game translate.

My blades have a fast rebound, so I feel the 100 speed is better/more realistic for me. I did some anti spin testing, bahaha... the 0 speed 0 spin is comically slow. I think you could fool a lot of people with that setting.

This user has no status.

I contacted the devs and they also said a twiddling button is in the works - swapping forehand/backhand side. I twiddle a lot and always serve BH inverted, so that will be a BIG help in having my game translate.

My blades have a fast rebound, so I feel the 100 speed is better/more realistic for me. I did some anti spin testing, bahaha... the 0 speed 0 spin is comically slow. I think you could fool a lot of people with that setting.

I twiddle most points, so it was absolutely necessary for me to get the Sanlaki adaptor. With it, I can easily twiddle and it feels much more realistic. My blades also are very fast, and I principally use the long pips for aggresive bumps or pushes against underspin and occasional blocking of loops. If you ever want to experiment in Beta, just let me know. I'm in the US (Eastern time).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Tempted by Eleven but have read about users inactive Facebook accounts rendering the Occulus hardware useless.Is this a real danger? Any major pitfalls?cheers

You do need an active facebook account to use the Quest 2. It's a requirement that causes a lot of frustration for people - understandably.

Reactions: KMTT