Stiga Defensive Pro smaller alternative

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Hello,

i wonder if there is a blade that is almost the same like the stiga defensive pro but with a normal head size.Maybe the Stiga Allround Classic Carbon.

Are there other options, because i like the feeling of the blade but it is to heavy with 2 invertex rubbers and yes short pips are of the table for now🙈

Edit: maybe the innerforce zlf. because it is thin like the def pro. I dont have a clue😅

Last edited:
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Hi,

Defensive blades generally have a larger head size.
I take it that it’s the ‘head heavy’ feeling that you don’t like??
one way around this is to make the handle heavier!! This will alter the balance of the blade, making the head feel lighter.

the forum expert on heavy but head light blades is Der_Echte, you could also private message ‘Nate’ or ‘SDC hand made blades’, these guys can give you some ideas how to convert the existing blade to change its balance.

Allround Carbon Classic, feels different to the Def Pro, different woods etc

email Stiga, they can advise if they have similar composition blades, but I think they will generally be faster.

Reactions: thomas.pong
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Along what IB66 said which is great advice, you can either add grip tape to your handle or weighted tape to the bottom of the handle (https://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/nittaku-side-balancer) so it balances out the weight of the blade more and it won't feel as heavy. Another option would be to reduce the large headsize of the blade, but it should be done by a professional blade maker like the ones mentioned above or a professional woodworker.

Reactions: IB66
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
How thin, 5.3mm? Do you know what type of carbon it has?

It’s a fairly thin carbon layer, black, from memory, looks like a std carbon type, sort of Tamca ish. But I don’t know for sure!!, the blade is thin, even when you put on max sponge rubbers it still feels quite thin. Neck of the handle is also quite thin, so the weighted grip tape could be a good option to balance up the feel.

Reactions: thomas.pong
How thin, 5.3mm? Do you know what type of carbon it has?

I forgot if it uses textreme or not. The 5.3mm blade is thin. Imagine most blades that are thin are considered to have 5.8mm thickness
​​​​