Rosskopf: You call yourself a chopper?
656QcXf.jpg

uSKU1xD.jpg

gZFwLNo.jpg

Zh6rQvq.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2021
Anybody watched that match between Filus and Jorgic? I watch the highlight and it looks like Filus was the attacker and Jorgic the defender. It's all twisted 🤔

I actually went through and counted the points that Filus won in his match with Jang Woojin (no later rounds because watching table 1 recordings seems to be impossible) and classified 72% of the points he won as "offensive shots." It's a small sample size and my definition of "offensive" is debatable, but I think it's still quite telling. Here's the associated blog post where I listed which types of shots I considered "offensive": https://edgesandnets.com/2021/03/12/6-ruwen-filus-shots-to-watch-out-for-in-the-wtt-doha-finals/

Reactions: Janard
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Jeon Jihee player of the tournament for me

I would go with Mima Ito for winning two tournaments in a row. Yes, she's the best player of the field, but still it's not easy to win two in a row.

I have to give an honorable mention to Elizabeta Samara. Her loss to Hina Hayata in the Contender tourney was really a coin flip. Then, she has good wins over Kasumi and Kim Hayeong.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Dan = do you now have a contract with WTT to be their commentator of choice for all events going forward ?

is Adam Bobrow left out by WTT and we won't hear him again on ITTF / WTT TV ?

Adam said in an Instagram Live video that he's not commentating at the moment because of travel restrictions, but he hopes to be back in May. :D

Filus is very unusual player, one of the kind. His mid and longer distance chopping is more standard, but sometimes near the table he chops nonorthodox.
And he is very diverse, you can never expect what his return would be.
And all that makes the Harimoto win even more respectful. The guy is developing good mentality strength too.

Reactions: jammmail
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Reactions: Janard