JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
If anything outside of Harimoto, Japan does not have to worry about any potential retirements like Mizutani and Niwa for their JTTA. They're looking very fine for the future.

Sora lost against YOSHIMURA Jr 0-3 but all games were very tight and he was unlucky at the end of game 1

OIKAWA the surprise 2021 champion lost in round1 vs SHINOZUKA 1-3... weakest champion ever ?

Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.

Sora lost against YOSHIMURA Jr 0-3 but all games were very tight and he was unlucky at the end of game 1

OIKAWA the surprise 2021 champion lost in round1 vs SHINOZUKA 1-3... weakest champion ever ?

Sora is very very strong for his age, but he is no Harimoto so upset wins is probably what he is going to be doing until he gets older and stronger. I expect a top 20 player WR at worst if he develops.

Also yes, Oikawa isn't exactly the sexiest champ, but it shows the depth of the players if Oikawa can win the championship.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016

Sora is very very strong for his age, but he is no Harimoto so upset wins is probably what he is going to be doing until he gets older and stronger. I expect a top 20 player WR at worst if he develops.

Also yes, Oikawa isn't exactly the sexiest champ, but it shows the depth of the players if Oikawa can win the championship.

the selection indeed is going to be totally revamped
Only Harimoto was exempt of these trials

QF results
MIZUTANI - TOGAMI 1-3
AIDA - MURAMATSU 2-3
KIZUKURI - YOSHIMURA Kazuhiro 3-2
SONE - SHINOZUKA 2-3

to note: YOSHIMURA Maharu lost in group to AIDA 0-3 and to ARINOBU 2-3 !!!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
no the final was Kizukuri v Togami, Kizukuri won.

JIN Takuya lost in group stage 0-3 to YOSHIDA and 1-3 to KIZUKURI
AIDA finished 7th. He lost in QF to MURAMATSU. In the remaining matches he lost to MIZUTANI but finished by beating SONE.

Thank you for the recap, I misunderstood it as Kizukuri winning in the semi-final.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
https://world-tt.com/blog/news/archives/7499
優勝した早田の準々決勝からの3試合のスコアは「3−1」「3−0」「3−1」。しかし、決勝後に「ゲームカウントでは昨日より競っていないけど、内容としては今日のほうがレベルが高く、あと1本取れていなかったら厳しかったという場面がすごく多かった」と試合を振り返った早田。準々決勝の加藤戦は3ゲーム目にジュースの連続となり、加藤のサービスと叩き込むスマッシュに苦しめられた。決勝の安藤戦も、台から下げられてスマッシュの連打を浴び、1ゲーム目を3−11で落とす苦しいスタートだった。

しかし、「苦しい場面で『あと1本』をしっかり取り切る力がついてきた。自分の回転やモーションの工夫で、『ここにこういうボールを出したら、ここに返ってくる』というように、勝負所で相手のボールを自分の待ちに誘導できた」とコメントした早田。競った場面でもしっかり両ハンドを振り抜くメンタルの充実も光った。真っ向勝負のプレースタイルにこの勝負強さが加われば鬼に金棒だが、一方でフィジカルへの負担の大きいスタイルだけに、トーナメントを勝ち抜くうえではより失点を少なく、試合時間を短くする工夫も重要だろう。

来月に迫った東京五輪では、Pカード(団体戦での代替出場選手)に選出されている早田。「最後まで自分を信じて戦うことができて、結果につながって今回はすごく自信になりました。東京五輪でもいつ試合に出場するかわからない状況なので、少しでも東京五輪までに強くなって、オリンピックメンバーのひとりとして戦っていきたい」と抱負を語った。

一方、準優勝の安藤はトップおとめピンポンズ名古屋の所属となって初めての公式戦。ベンチにはトップおとめピンポンズ名古屋の若宮三紗子監督が入り、異質型が勝ち抜く術を授けた。前陣での両ハンドの安定感が抜群で、フォアを厳しく攻められても前陣でのカウンターブロックで正確に返球し、前陣を死守。相手に粘られても的確にスマッシュで打ち抜いた。「ベンチコーチの若宮さんは私と同じ表ソフトを使っていた選手で、試合の1週間ちょっと前からバックハンドの強化をしてきて、打法も少し変えました。ギリギリだったんですけど、今大会ではそれを生かすことができた。
私は練習拠点が定まっていない中で毎日練習しているので、様々なチームでやらせてもらって、周りの方々には感謝の気持ちでいっぱいです。いろいろなタイプの選手とたくさん練習できたことが、今回の結果につながったと思います」
The scores of the three matches from quarterfinals onwards for the victorious Hayata are "3-1", "3-0" and "3-1". However, after the final, Hayata recalled the match, saying, "The match was not as close as yesterday, but today's level was higher, and there were many scenes where it would have been tough if I hadn't come out on top." The quarter-final match against Kato saw a series of deuces in the third game, suffering from Kato's service and smashes. The final match against Ando was also a tough start, dropping the first game 3-11 after getting pushed off the table and bathed in a series of smashes.

However, "I have gained the power to firmly seize it "one more" in a difficult situation. By working on her rotation and stroke, "if you put out such a shot here, it will come back here", "I was able to guide the opponent's shot to my waiting," said Hayata. In the match, she was swinging both forehand and backhand firmly and the emotional fulfillment was shining. If this clutch performance is added to the head-on playstyle, it will go from strength to strength, but on the other hand, because the style puts a heavy strain on the body, it will be important to devise ways to reduce the number of errors and shorten the match time in order to win the tournament.

Hayata has been selected as the P-card(reserve player in team event) at the Tokyo Olympics, which is approaching next month. "I was able to believe in myself and fight until the end, which led to a result that made me very confident. I don't know when I will be in the match at the Tokyo Olympics, so I hope to become a little stronger by then and fight as an Olympic member."

On the other hand, this will be the first debut for runner-up Ando, who belongs to Top Otome Ping Pongs Nagoya. Director Misako Wakamiya of Top Otome Ping Pongs Nagoya seated the bench and offered assistance to the combination player. The stability of both forehand and backhand close to the table is outstanding, and even if the forehand is under severe attack, the counter block returns the ball accurately and unwaveringly close to the table. Even if in a stalemate, she can punch through with a smash. "Bench coach Wakamiya-san used the same rubber as I, and I have been strengthening my backhand a little over a week before the tournament, and I changed the hitting method a little. Then I was able to make use of it. I practice every day even though I haven't settled on a training base, so I'm very grateful to the people around me for letting me do it in various teams. I think the fact that I was able to practice a lot with various types of players led to this result."

Jan 2018
Selection criteria for WTTC Houston. Harimoto, Niwa and Ito, Ishikawa have qualified by World Ranking Week 24. Mizutani and Hirano will qualify if they earn a medal in any event at Tokyo 2020+1, with the remaining slots up for grabs through another trial to be held on 9/27-30.

http://www.jtta.or.jp/Portals/0/ima...ament/2021_pdf/20210623_selectionCriteria.pdf
http://www.jtta.or.jp/player/tabid/166/Default.aspx
https://world-tt.com/blog/news/archives/7671
<2021年6月5日理事会承認>
2021年6月23日一部補完(赤字部分)
公益財団法人 日本卓球協会​

2021世界卓球選手権ヒューストン大会(個人戦)男女日本代表選手選考基準​

• 大会期日:2021年11月23日~11月29日 アメリカ:ヒューストン
• エントリー数:男女シングルス各5名、男女ダブルス各2ペア、混合ダブルス2ペア
• シングルスは各協会原則出場枠が3名となる。しかし以下の条件をクリアすれば出場枠がその協会に対し最大2名追加さ
れる。
※2021年(第24週)6月15日発表世界ランキング(以下WR)100位以内にその協会の選手がランクインしていれば1名出場枠が追加される
※2021年(第24週)6月15日発表WR20位以内にその協会の選手がランクインしていれば1名出場枠が追加される[/pre]

1.男女シングルス代表5名の選出方法
(1)2021年(第24週)6月15日発表の WR20位以内の日本人最上位選手:(1名)
(2)2021年(第24週)6月15日発表の WR100位以内の日本人最上位選手:(1名)※(1)の WR20位以内の日本人最上位選手を
除く
(3) 第32回オリンピック競技大会(2020/東京)にて種目に関わらずメダル獲得した選手
(4)国内選考会の上位から出場枠に達するまで

2.国内選考会への出場資格(但し、下記*に該当する ITTF の定める世界選手権出場資格を有する者)
*開催日程:2021年9月27日(月)〜30日(木)(於:大分県:杵築市文化体育館)
(1)第32回オリンピック競技大会(2020/東京)出場者
(2)2021年アジア卓球選手権大会国内選考会(旭市)10位までの者
(3)2021年全日本卓球選手権大会シングルスベスト4の選手
(4)第 30 回日本卓球リーグ選手権・ビッグトーナメント熊本大会シングルス優勝者
(5)2022年 FISU ワールドユニバーシティゲームズ日本代表候補選手
(6)2021年全日本卓球選手権大会ジュニアの部優勝者
(7)令和3年度全国高校総合体育大会シングルス優勝者
(8)令和3年度全国中学校卓球大会シングルス優勝者
(9)2021年全日本卓球選手権大会ホープスの部優勝者
(10)上記1)~9)の人数が24名に達するまで強化本部にて推薦する。

3.出場種目 *代表選手の出場種目ならびにペアリングは強化本部で決定する。
1)シングルス:3〜5名 2)ダブルス:2ペア 3)混合ダブルス:2ペア
*ダブルス及び混合ダブルスには、シングルスの代表選手の他、4名を上限として加えることがある。

4.補足基準
①代表決定者が故障等で参加が不能となった場合、その代替選手は強化本部にて決定する。
②ITTF が出場人数制限等を発表し、本選考基準との齟齬が発生した場合は再度理事会で審議する。
*なお、他の国と地域の協会から日本卓球協会へ登録を移籍した選手は、ITTF の定める世界選手権出場資格要件を満たしている
ことが、選考の前提条件となる。
以上​

Last edited:
Jan 2018
https://www.attu.org/en/news/1495
Announcement - Postponement of 2021 Asian Championships

As the dates between the end of the 2020 Summer Olympics and the original start date of the Asian Championships are very close, due to uncertainties about COVID-19 quarantine requirements of different countries and preparation of players during this period, Executive Board of the ATTU decided as its recent meeting on 24th June 2021 to postpone the 2021 Asian Championships by a period of 4 weeks. With interests of players in mind and to maximise participation, ATTU and the Local Organiser of Qatar Table Tennis Association agreed that the new dates of the 2021 Asian Championships shall be from 28th September to 5th October 2021. A revised prospectus with new timelines will be issued in the next few days.

ATTU Secretariat
29 June 2021

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
One player I would have liked to have seen in the ATTC qualifier tournament is Kasumi Kimura. She had wins over both Hayata and Hirano in T League matches.

Jan 2018
Date change for WTTC Houston qualifier.

http://www.jtta.or.jp/Portals/0/ima...ament/2021_pdf/20210707_selectionCriteria.pdf
<2021年6月5日理事会承認>
2021年6月23日一部補完
2021年7月7日選考会日程・場所変更(赤字)
公益財団法人 日本卓球協会​

2021世界卓球選手権ヒューストン大会(個人戦)男女日本代表選手選考基準​

• 大会期日:2021年11月23日~11月29日 アメリカ:ヒューストン
• エントリー数:男女シングルス各5名、男女ダブルス各2ペア、混合ダブルス2ペア
• シングルスは各協会原則出場枠が3名となる。しかし以下の条件をクリアすれば出場枠がその協会に対し最大2名追加さ
れる。
※2021年(第24週)6月15日発表世界ランキング(以下WR)100位以内にその協会の選手がランクインしていれば1名出場枠が追加される
※2021年(第24週)6月15日発表WR20位以内にその協会の選手がランクインしていれば1名出場枠が追加される

1.男女シングルス代表5名の選出方法
(1)2021年(第24週)6月15日発表の WR20位以内の日本人最上位選手:(1名)
(2)2021年(第24週)6月15日発表の WR100位以内の日本人最上位選手:(1名)※(1)の WR20位以内の日本人最上位選手を
除く
(3) 第32回オリンピック競技大会(2020/東京)にて種目に関わらずメダル獲得した選手
(4)国内選考会の上位から出場枠に達するまで

2.国内選考会への出場資格(但し、下記*に該当する ITTF の定める世界選手権出場資格を有する者)
*開催日程:2021年8月30日(月)〜9月2日(木)(於:新潟県:新発田市カルチャーセンター)
(1)第32回オリンピック競技大会(2020/東京)出場者
(2)2021年アジア卓球選手権大会国内選考会(旭市)10位までの者
(3)2021年全日本卓球選手権大会シングルスベスト4の選手
(4)第 30 回日本卓球リーグ選手権・ビッグトーナメント熊本大会シングルス優勝者
(5)2022年 FISU ワールドユニバーシティゲームズ日本代表候補選手
(6)2021年全日本卓球選手権大会ジュニアの部優勝者
(7)令和3年度全国高校総合体育大会シングルス優勝者
(8)令和3年度全国中学校卓球大会シングルス優勝者
(9)2021年全日本卓球選手権大会ホープスの部優勝者
(10)上記1)~9)の人数が24名に達するまで強化本部にて推薦する。

3.出場種目 *代表選手の出場種目ならびにペアリングは強化本部で決定する。[/u]
1)シングルス:3〜5名 2)ダブルス:2ペア 3)混合ダブルス:2ペア
*ダブルス及び混合ダブルスには、シングルスの代表選手の他、4名を上限として加えることがある。

4.補足基準
①代表決定者が故障等で参加が不能となった場合、その代替選手は強化本部にて決定する。
②ITTF が出場人数制限等を発表し、本選考基準との齟齬が発生した場合は再度理事会で審議する。
*なお、他の国と地域の協会から日本卓球協会へ登録を移籍した選手は、ITTF の定める世界選手権出場資格要件を満たしている
ことが、選考の前提条件となる。
以上​

Last edited:
Jan 2018
Kurashima sheds light on his decision to step down from the JNT. He'll serve as the head coach of the table tennis club at Kinoshita Group from Oct, 2021 and focus on grooming the next generations for Los Angeles 2028 and Brisbane 2032.

https://world-tt.com/blog/news/archives/12651
木下グループ卓球部総監督の就任の前、倉嶋氏は卓球王国のインタビューでこう語っている。

「12年半ナショナルチームでコーチをしていて、東京五輪の混合ダブルスでは勝ちましたが、団体で中国に勝つところまではいかなかった。もし他のコーチが10年以上やったら中国に勝つチームを作れるかもしれない。ぼくは中国の壁を乗り越えられなかった。ぼくが監督を続けても中国に勝てるかどうかわからない。ナショナルチームにも変化が必要です」。

「木下グループで小学生・中学生を育成し、2028年ロス五輪のあとの2032年ブリスベン五輪に代表を送り込みたい。打倒中国を可能にする選手を小学校、中学校の時から育成し、木下から日本代表を常に送り込めるようにして、日本の卓球界を発展させていきたい。木下社長から、その熱い思いと明確な目標をうかがって、自分がやるしかないという思いになりました」

以前までは日本卓球協会のナショナルチーム監督を務めた人はそのまま協会(強化本部)に残るか、企業に戻る人がほとんどだったが、現在ではTリーグがあり、今後、全日本監督の「セカンドキャリア」としての場所になっていくのかもしれない。

強化本部の使命や内情を理解した人が、Tリーグに下野して、側面から日本の強化を支えていく、新しいやり方を倉嶋氏が示してくれることを期待したい。

"I worked as a coach for the national team for 12 and a half years and won the mixed doubles in the Tokyo Olympics, but failed to beat China in the team. If other coaches have worked for more than 10 years, they may be able to form a team that beats China. I failed to cross the barriers of China." Even if I continue to be a coach, I don't know if I can beat China. The national team also needs to change.

Jan 2018
More details of the revamped selection system was published by JTTA 3 weeks ago. Interesting comment by Miyazaki on borrowing China's model. Bad news for uchibenkei players. Ishikawa: 😰

https://rallys.online/read/210912paris-senko/
宮崎氏は「国内のリーグ戦で国内の選手同士が激しく争う。そのことで世界と中国の差が大きく広がった。中国のやり方をロールモデルとして日本流にアレンジし、中国に追いつき追い越せと日本の強化を図っていきたい」と意図を明かした。

国内リーグのTリーグに関して、国内外問わず東京五輪で上位進出した選手が多く所属しており、「世界のトッププレーヤーが集まるリーグになってきた。そこを強化の場として一層激しく争ってもらうため、そこにパリ五輪選考のポイントを与えていく」とし、さらに2022-2023シーズンからはTリーグ個人戦も開催予定であることが明かされた。

また、国際大会WTTにおいては、いまだスケジュールが不透明な状態ではあるが、なるべく全試合出場できるスケジューリングを組むべく、国内大会を開催日程をWTTおよびITTFには事前に伝えているという。

"Domestic players compete fiercely in domestic league matches. This has greatly widened the gap between the world and China. We will use the Chinese method as a role model, adjust it to the Japanese style, and seek to strengthen Japan in an attempt to catch up with and surpass China", said Miyazaki.

Regarding the domestic league T-League, whether domestic or overseas, many top finishers in Tokyo Olympics are participating, and "it has become a league where the world's top players gather. In order to turn this league into a place for improvement, points for the selection of Paris Olympics will be allocated." In addition, it was revealed that the individual event of T-League will be held from the 2022-2023 season.

In addition, although the schedule for the international tournament WTT is still unclear, it is said that the schedule for the domestic tournaments will be announced to the WTT and ITTF in advance in order to arrange to participate in all competitions as much as possible.

Point table:
2024 年パリオリンピック男女日本代表候補選手選考基準の考え方の情報更新のお知らせ(9月11日)
https://jtta.or.jp/news/3083

Last edited:
Jan 2018
Miyazaki answers some of the questions raised during an online interview with the press. The last one happens to be the most interesting.

https://rallys.online/read/210913paris-miyazaki/
五輪団体戦のシードに関しては、世界ランキングが重要になるのではないのか

選考会を経て、国内で代表を獲って、国際大会でも良い成績を残した選手が(選考ポイントの)1位、2位になってくると思いますので、自然と世界ランキングの高い選手が代表になると思っています。

また、WTTの大会にはすべて参加する考えを持っておりますので、世界ランキングが下がるという考えはございません。

ただし、選考会を勝ち抜いた2人が、日本人の世界ランキング最高ランキングとなるかと言うと、そうではない可能性もあります。ただし、国内の選考会と国際のポイント合計で争いますから、国際のポイントも相当高くないと(パリ五輪選考)1位、2位には入れない。すなわち、世界ランキングの高い選手が選ばれるという見込みを現時点ではしております。
Regarding the seeding for the Olympic team event, isn't the world ranking important?

Through the selection, I think that the players who have made the national team and achieved good results in international competitions will be ranked 1st and 2nd (in terms of selection points), so naturally, I think the players with the highest world ranking will be representing.

In addition, those players will think of ​​participating in all WTT competitions, so I don't think that their world ranking will drop.

However, it is possible that the 2 who win the selection may not be the highest-ranked in the world ranking of Japanese players. However, since the domestic selection and international points will be aggregated, they cannot be ranked 1st or 2nd unless their international points are quite high(Paris Olympics selection). In other words, we are currently expecting that players with a high world ranking will be selected.