Challenge to Blade Makers - Blade Design/Fab

This user has no status.

Sure. And good eye. The plies are yes, hinoki cypress-nano carbon- koto- nano carbon-kiri-nano carbon-koto-nano carbon-hinoki cypress. 9 plies 91 grams 7mm thick and the shape is one I got from Charlie that he let me try and I fell in love with. It’s the smaller a2 head, banana anatomical handle with scoops. And black power dot.

Edit: handle wood is chocolate hinoki, koto and paduk

Last edited:
Jin Sukizawa TT blades would like to join this challenge as well. I can post some pictures of some of my recent builds tomorrow. Meanwhile, you guys can take a look at my instagram page (hopefully it's not restricted on browswer): https://www.instagram.com/jinsukizawa.ttblades/. I'm always looking to experiment with different kinds of wood and composite materials to create the most unique blades which would be impossible to find on the market.

I also made a thread on TTD a while back and might be updating that soon as well. I hope I'll be accepted to join in on this exciting challenge!

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
$100 for the ping pong paddle is expensive i think in $50 you can get an amazing ping pong paddle which would be reliable,durable and easy to use.
You can check this article for more details.
This is an actual table tennis forum. Why would anyone who knows what they are doing use any of the pre-built rackets listed in that article you are linking to. Clearly the article is clickbait for people who have no clue about the sport. Nobody who is actually serious about playing table tennis and at a decent level would use any of those rackets.

And can you think of any idea why Der_Echte would do something that supports the work of some of the hand made blade makers who are on the forum?

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
OK... so far, I see we have 4 who self identified as participants in this blade building challenge.

Nate
Sergio
Chase
Silver S

I will give this another day or two to see if a 5th blade maker pops up on the thread... then we ACTIVATE Blade Specs Sequence...

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I gave extra time like a 1-1 tie after 90 minutes and no other blade maker(s) has/have indicated willingness to participate in the challenge... so we kick this thing off.

I will write my requirements in a seperate thread and blade makers can ask questions to clarify anything there. TTD members can heckle me there too.