boosting rubbers

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Dude, you new over here, so you porlly haven't pounded on the search button yet... but I gotta say, there is thread on boosting rubbers literally every month... and many of them get 20-30 replies... and these threads STILL keep popping up like herpes coming out of remission. Sounds harsh, but this is true. You might just wait... a whopping 12 hours and you might have 10 replies already from eager-beaver tuners luvers, you might not hear what you trying to here, but tuner luvers gunna come out of the woodwork for ya.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
2 days ago i glued a new tenergy 05 rubber to my blade, do you think it's good to boost fast rubbers like this one and is it okay to remove it now to boost it and glue it again?
If you already think it's fast, why boost it?

Most people don't boost Tenergy, especially straight out of the package. You run the risk of damaging the rubber. If you really want to try, I'd give it a couple of months.

Reactions: KM1976
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
The short time I used T05 in Korea, I used rubber cement right out of box and almost ruined it. second and later gluings OK. T05 is real easy to over tune and get real mushy. I like a little mushy or softer than original if the rubber is a mid-firm rubber and I want something a little softer... but like TP said, T05 is real easy to ruin with tuning. Try tuning some inexpensive rubbers or free discarded rubbers if you can, less risk that way and a good way to gain experience.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Dude, you new over here, so you porlly haven't pounded on the search button yet... but I gotta say, there is thread on boosting rubbers literally every month... and many of them get 20-30 replies... and these threads STILL keep popping up like herpes coming out of remission. Sounds harsh, but this is true. You might just wait... a whopping 12 hours and you might have 10 replies already from eager-beaver tuners luvers, you might not hear what you trying to here, but tuner luvers gunna come out of the woodwork for ya.

Good point. But if these posts don't pop up so often, you won't have 10k+ under your belt.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2021
I also boosted 05. Feeling and speed increased. But the rubber reaches a stable level in 7-10 days. But I think there is no need. I could not compansate my technical problems in this way.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews

Good point. But if these posts don't pop up so often, you won't have 10k+ under your belt.

I see where one might get to this conclusion, but anyone watching my posts on TTD over the last decade plus will see nearly all of my posts oriented on topics of discussion on technique, coaching, playing, enjoying TT, and general discussion. I doubt if I talk even 10 percent on the equipment and boosting fanboy threads. When I do post on those, it is usually to bemoan the glorification of those kinds of threads over (IMO) much more valuable thread and I use stats and empirical evidence to contrast that.

Maybe someone will make a meme of me on one of those "I do not usaully ______ , but when I do, I _____." things.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018

I see where one might get to this conclusion, but anyone watching my posts on TTD over the last decade plus will see nearly all of my posts oriented on topics of discussion on technique, coaching, playing, enjoying TT, and general discussion. I doubt if I talk even 10 percent on the equipment and boosting fanboy threads. When I do post on those, it is usually to bemoan the glorification of those kinds of threads over (IMO) much more valuable thread and I use stats and empirical evidence to contrast that.

Maybe someone will make a meme of me on one of those "I do not usaully ______ , but when I do, I _____." things.

Hahaha, point taken.

Reactions: thomas.pong
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I also boosted 05. Feeling and speed increased. But the rubber reaches a stable level in 7-10 days. But I think there is no need. I could not compansate my technical problems in this way.
Of course, boosting a rubber will not compensate for your technical problems since it makes the rubber faster and spinnier, and therefore less controllable.