Can China Go Without Dropping a Match in the World Team Competition

Will China Be Able To Win Every Match At The World Team Championships?

• China Will Not Lose a Match

Votes: 27 42.2%
  • China Will Lose at Least One Match

Votes: 37 57.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Well I am not sure if this applyes for the women part,..
But Li Xiaoxia just lost to Tie Yana 3:1 :)

No, I would not have put this in about the women. The men.

So it is all down to the finals. Can Germany take a match from China. I know Ovtcharov and Boll are playing well. But will Germany be able to take a match from China tomorrow. If they cannot, China's men's team will have completed the tournament without dropping one match. And I don't think anyone one the Chinese team wants to be the one to drop a match.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yeah, that is what I was thinking, the only possible way is if Ma Lin plays Dima or Timo. I watched Wang Hao agaisnt Ryu and he is playing very well and adjusted to Ryu better than normal and Ryu usually gives him trouble. Timo and Dima are playing very well also but I don't think they are playing well enough to take out Ma Long, Zhang Jike, Xu Xin or Wang Hao.

But, we can hope.

says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
Remember, ZJK is not in his best form now... And Timo probably wants to win over him really bad. So I think Timo is able to beat ZJK. The only player that the germans should not beat on the Chinese team, is Ma Long atm. They are able to beat the others if they play to their max level, then they might surprise the Chinese ;)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Also, day of the finals and the poll stands at:

23 people think China will make a clean sweep.

37 people think China will drop at least one match.

The poll won't close for another few days because I calculated incorrectly. But as of now, day of the finals, it is 7:30am in NYC, 1:30pm in Berlin, that is how the poll stands.

This user has no status.
Germany got the worst line-up they could wish for, they should have put Ovtcharov as the 1st player ahead of Boll to catch ZJK and Boll can then catch Ma Long. Now it's going to be all over pretty soon. They are indeed going to win without losing a single match, and also Ma Long has not even dropped a set! Amazing!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Final Answer....YES > . <

I was hoping someone could give them a fight. Dima and Timo were playing well. But, to me, it did not look like they were playing well enough to take matches from a Chinese team gearing up for the Olympics.

I think we also saw Liu Gouliang's Olympic team:

1) Ma Long
2) Zhang Jike
3) Wang Hao

No singles for Wang Hao. The other two are too good to hold back. I could be wrong but that is what I think will happen.

Last edited: