Rubber recommandatoins Xiom Allround S

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2021
Hi all

I ve played my first 11 months off TT (3h a week)
setup:
•Xiom allround S
•BH: Donic barracuda 1.8
•FH: Donic barracuda 1.8

FH: really love the rubber for the spin , accurracy,loops,... want to be able to play a little bit faster.is an upgrade to 2.0 ok?

BH:i i tend to put the balls to high over net and have the feeling with every stroke to be a fraction off a second to late. its probably my technique.(all the balls land on the table though).
i am thinking about a rubber with less trow angle.
any suggestions in general?

mat

This user has no status.

mat

This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Hi, fof bh I recommend andro hexer grip SFX 1.9.

I ise it on bh and its not fast, great control, high grip and spin. Check forums for this rubber.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Hi all

I ve played my first 11 months off TT (3h a week)
setup:
•Xiom allround S
•BH: Donic barracuda 1.8
•FH: Donic barracuda 1.8

FH: really love the rubber for the spin , accurracy,loops,... want to be able to play a little bit faster.is an upgrade to 2.0 ok?

BH:i i tend to put the balls to high over net and have the feeling with every stroke to be a fraction off a second to late. its probably my technique.(all the balls land on the table though).
i am thinking about a rubber with less trow angle.
any suggestions in general?
That's a good setup you have, the blade and rubbers both.

Yes, for FH, if you want a little bit faster, you should stick to the same rubber in 2.0mm, especially since it's a good trusted rubber and you like it so much. You will just lose a little control but you should be able to adjust. You don't want to change things around too much.

For BH, you say the balls lend on the table but they are too high, how is that a problem? A high arc ball with a lot of topspin can be deadly at any speed. Are you not generating enough spin on your BH and your opponent can just smash the ball, put the ball away and win the point? If you want more control and feel on your BH, maybe give Barracuda Big Slam a try (softer version of Barracuda), it's easier to generate spin with.

Last edited:
Reactions: SamTheMan