Back to Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30
  1. Brian Zhao is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 68 55
    B
    Brian Zhao is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 55 68

    User Info Menu


    Sep 2020
    55
    68
    248
    Read 1 Reviews
    #1

    PandaPong TENERGY 19 Review (15 mins)

    Hey everyone, here's my tenergy 19 review. I explain my detailed thoughts about the rubber, I hope it's helpful! Let me know what you think in the youtube comments or below. Thanks a lot!

    The Following 6 Users Like Brian Zhao's Post:

    AndySmith, doppelganger_LT and 4 others

    Last edited by Brian Zhao; 03-18-2021 at 06:35 AM.

  2. thomas.pong is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 763 1,608
    thomas.pong's Avatar
    thomas.pong is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,608 763
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Zhao
    Hey everyone, here's my tenergy 19 review. I explain my detailed thoughts about the rubber, I hope it's helpful! Let me know what you think in the youtube comments or below. Thanks!https://youtu.be/f8cGG8rTUB8
    Nice review! I was waiting for it lol. The only thing you didn't cover that I'd like to know is if T19 feels softer, harder or the same compared to T05 and T80 (like how T80 feels a bit softer than T05, due to the difference in pimples).

    Stretching is great and can really improve your game and recovery, but I think you've found out that you should do it a little bit every day and in spurts, not for 2 hours straight! Lol.
    Last edited by thomas.pong; 03-14-2021 at 11:17 AM.

  3. Brian Zhao is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 68 55
    B
    Brian Zhao is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 55 68

    User Info Menu


    Sep 2020
    55
    68
    248
    Read 1 Reviews
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas.pong
    Nice review! I was waiting for it lol. The only thing you didn't cover that I'd like to know is if T19 feels softer, harder or the same compared to T05 and T80 (like how T80 feels a bit softer than T05, due to the difference in pimples).

    Stretching is great and can really improve your game and recovery, but I think you've found out that you should do it a little bit every day and in spurts, not for 2 hours straight! Lol.
    Thanks, I replied to you in the YouTube comments

    The Following User Likes Brian Zhao's Post:

    thomas.pong


  4. Brian Zhao is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 68 55
    B
    Brian Zhao is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 55 68

    User Info Menu


    Sep 2020
    55
    68
    248
    Read 1 Reviews
    #4
    Received some feedback that music is too loud, I’ll fix that next time!

  5. Der_Echte is offline
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad
     
    Master TTD Member 11,039 10,826
    Der_Echte's Avatar
    Der_Echte is offline
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad
     
    Master TTD Member 10,826 11,039

    User Info Menu

    #5
    Never too loud if it is old school Rory Gallagher... just sayin'.

    The Following User Likes Der_Echte's Post:

    thomas.pong

    President, Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club. Hit us up on TTD or Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/koreaforeignttc

    Janitor at NexyUSA TT Equipment Shop
    http://www.nexyusa.com

    View our Lame Nexy USA corporate FB page
    http://www.facebook.com/nexyusa

  6. vombi is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 8 6
    vombi's Avatar
    vombi is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 6 8
    #6

    Good stuff! Reviews about t19 are scarce at the moment, so its a big help!


  7. IB66 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 469 892
    I
    IB66 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 892 469
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Zhao
    Hey everyone, here's my tenergy 19 review. I explain my detailed thoughts about the rubber, I hope it's helpful! Let me know what you think in the youtube comments or below. Thanks a lot!

    Hi Brian,

    Great review!!
    last weekend I relapsed and went all out EJ retard!!!
    Bought a Viscaria, T05 and T19 both in 1.9mm.
    I’ve never tried T05, and just had to give it a go, to see what all the fuss is about!!!
    received them yesterday and glued them up, used them for the first time today.
    Previously I have tried T80FX in max and D09C in 1.9mm.

    I could only practice with a robot, still lockdown here.
    Initial thoughts are that both are very similar, and for me the main difference that was really noticeable was the throw / trajectory / arc of T19 being lower, took a few adjustments when topspin v backspin.
    The other ‘feel’ that stuck out, was that both felt fairly hard, especially compared to Rakza Z, which really lets the ball sink in (mounted on a Acoustic Inner). D09C also felt harder in comparison to Rakza Z as well.
    I’ll practice again tomorrow and see if I can feel the difference in ‘dwell’ between the 2 tenergy’s although my limited skills may not suffice!!! Also the thinner sponge and fairly stiff blade may affect ‘dwell’

    Serving with both was good, high spin, a little harder to control compared to Rakza Z because of the catapult of the spring sponge. Spin similar to Rakza Z and many other rubbers out there!!

    Overall, I quite liked both rubbers, the blade was great!!

    The Following User Likes IB66's Post:

    thomas.pong


  8. thomas.pong is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 763 1,608
    thomas.pong's Avatar
    thomas.pong is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,608 763
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by IB66

    Hi Brian,

    Great review!!
    last weekend I relapsed and went all out EJ retard!!!
    Bought a Viscaria, T05 and T19 both in 1.9mm.
    I’ve never tried T05, and just had to give it a go, to see what all the fuss is about!!!
    received them yesterday and glued them up, used them for the first time today.
    Previously I have tried T80FX in max and D09C in 1.9mm.

    I could only practice with a robot, still lockdown here.
    Initial thoughts are that both are very similar, and for me the main difference that was really noticeable was the throw / trajectory / arc of T19 being lower, took a few adjustments when topspin v backspin.
    The other ‘feel’ that stuck out, was that both felt fairly hard, especially compared to Rakza Z, which really lets the ball sink in (mounted on a Acoustic Inner). D09C also felt harder in comparison to Rakza Z as well.
    I’ll practice again tomorrow and see if I can feel the difference in ‘dwell’ between the 2 tenergy’s although my limited skills may not suffice!!! Also the thinner sponge and fairly stiff blade may affect ‘dwell’

    Serving with both was good, high spin, a little harder to control compared to Rakza Z because of the catapult of the spring sponge. Spin similar to Rakza Z and many other rubbers out there!!

    Overall, I quite liked both rubbers, the blade was great!!

    Interested to hear more of your impressions down the road on T19 and T05 as well as T80 FX and D09C.

    The Following User Likes thomas.pong's Post:

    IB66


  9. vombi is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 8 6
    vombi's Avatar
    vombi is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 6 8
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas.pong
    Interested to hear more of your impressions down the road on T19 and T05 as well as T80 FX and D09C.

    Compared with t80fx , it is much harder, just like t05. Comparing with d09c is difficult because its totally different rubber, but I will try: sponge on 09c is much harder, but because of its stickiness it holds the ball long enough for you to finish your stroke, so t19 is somewhere in between (in terms of holding the ball) d09c and 05. All in all it is easy to play with t19 on both sides. Holding the ball is more like T80fx, but speed is more like T05. And the feel, IMO, is exactly like T05, only contact time is longer. Hope that helps a little

    The Following 2 Users Like vombi's Post:

    Brian Zhao and thomas.pong

    Last edited by vombi; 03-21-2021 at 11:53 AM.

  10. Vladimir Dramicanin is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 1 1
    Vladimir Dramicanin's Avatar
    Vladimir Dramicanin is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 1 1
    #10

    Hi Brian!
    I think that in terms of feeling, we can all have close opinion about T19. Yes, its definitely easy to play with. But, maybe i can add one more conclusion/ its seems that T19 is somewhere between D05 and T05. In my opinion, t19 have soft touch off d05 and almost identical catapult effect as t05. Also the angle is higher than d05 but lower than t05 with flat trajectory witch sink little bit like 09c. So my final conclusion is that t19 is dream rubber for intermediate players.

    The Following User Likes Vladimir Dramicanin's Post:

    thomas.pong


  11. IB66 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 469 892
    I
    IB66 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 892 469
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas.pong
    Interested to hear more of your impressions down the road on T19 and T05 as well as T80 FX and D09C.
    Hi Thomas,
    just posted a more comprehensive review in the review section, 😁

    The Following User Likes IB66's Post:

    thomas.pong


  12. thomas.pong is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 763 1,608
    thomas.pong's Avatar
    thomas.pong is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,608 763
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by vombi

    Compared with t80fx , it is much harder, just like t05. Comparing with d09c is difficult because its totally different rubber, but I will try: sponge on 09c is much harder, but because of its stickiness it holds the ball long enough for you to finish your stroke, so t19 is somewhere in between (in terms of holding the ball) d09c and 05. All in all it is easy to play with t19 on both sides. Holding the ball is more like T80fx, but speed is more like T05. And the feel, IMO, is exactly like T05, only contact time is longer. Hope that helps a little

    Thanks Vombi, it's helpful.

    I like T05 on my FH, but not on my BH (feels too hard, doesn't engage the sponge). I also like T05 FX, on both wings, although I'm starting to think its topsheet still feels too hard for me on the BH of my Viscaria (didn't have that problem on other blades including Harimoto ALC). So for the BH of my Viscaria, I'm looking for a rubber which topsheet doesn't feel as hard as 05 and engages the sponge more easily. I remember really liking T80 (on Innerforce ALC), but finding T64 to be too mushy, but I haven't tried these two rubbers in quite a while, and don't own them anymore. So I'm thinking of trying T80 or T64 again, or T19 for the first time, or reverting back to T80 FX or Rozena. There you go! 😅
    Last edited by thomas.pong; 03-22-2021 at 11:11 AM.

  13. thomas.pong is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 763 1,608
    thomas.pong's Avatar
    thomas.pong is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,608 763
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by IB66
    Hi Thomas,
    just posted a more comprehensive review in the review section, 😁
    Thanks IB!

    Looking forward to reading it!

    The Following User Likes thomas.pong's Post:

    IB66


  14. Dipak1974 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 20 85
    Dipak1974's Avatar
    Dipak1974 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 85 20
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas.pong
    Thanks Vombi, it's helpful.

    I like T05 on my FH, but not on my BH (feels too hard, doesn't engage the sponge). I also like T05 FX, on both wings, although I'm starting to think its topsheet still feels too hard for me on the BH of my Viscaria (didn't have that problem on other blades including Harimoto ALC). So for the BH of my Viscaria, I'm looking for a rubber which topsheet doesn't feel as hard as 05 and engages the sponge more easily. I remember really liking T80 (on Innerforce ALC), but finding T64 to be too mushy, but I haven't tried these two rubbers in quite a while, and don't own them anymore. So I'm thinking of trying T80 or T64 again, or T19 for the first time, or reverting back to T80 FX or Rozena. There you go! 😅

    Hey Thomas. I think you may be finding hardness due to blade rather than rubber. You stated you previously used HM or IFL they will feel softer due to the outer layer being Limba compared to viscaria having harder outer layer of Koto.

    I have used T05, T80 and T05FX in the past and there’s little difference in feel between T05 and T80 but T05fx definitely felt softer due to sponge. I think the difference you may be feeling could be due to blade, I think there is a greater difference in feeling between Viscaria and IFL than there will be between T05,T19, T80.

    The Following User Likes Dipak1974's Post:

    thomas.pong


  15. thomas.pong is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 763 1,608
    thomas.pong's Avatar
    thomas.pong is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,608 763
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipak1974

    Hey Thomas. I think you may be finding hardness due to blade rather than rubber. You stated you previously used HM or IFL they will feel softer due to the outer layer being Limba compared to viscaria having harder outer layer of Koto.

    I have used T05, T80 and T05FX in the past and there’s little difference in feel between T05 and T80 but T05fx definitely felt softer due to sponge. I think the difference you may be feeling could be due to blade, I think there is a greater difference in feeling between Viscaria and IFL than there will be between T05,T19, T80.

    That's true, and you make a good point, but I'm using Viscaria right now! (and I'm liking it). Meaning I'm not looking for a rubber for the IF ALC. Therefore I'm interested in a softer topsheet for my BH rather than a harder one. 80's definitely feel softer than 05's, and 64's even more so, they are differences, however slight or big they are perceived. Also, I gotta say, that while the top ply of the Harimoto (limba) is softer, the blade overall feels harder / more stiff than the Viscaria. So for me, it's more about feel, and in this case blade / rubber combination.

    The Following User Likes thomas.pong's Post:

    latej


  16. Dipak1974 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 20 85
    Dipak1974's Avatar
    Dipak1974 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 85 20
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas.pong
    That's true, and you make a good point, but I'm using Viscaria right now! (and I'm liking it). Meaning I'm not looking for a rubber for the IF ALC. Therefore I'm interested in a softer topsheet for my BH rather than a harder one. 80's definitely feel softer than 05's, and 64's even more so, they are differences, however slight or big they are perceived. Also, I gotta say, that while the top ply of the Harimoto (limba) is softer, the blade overall feels harder / more stiff than the Viscaria. So for me, it's more about feel, and in this case blade / rubber combination.

    Hey bud. I wasn’t implying change your blade mate I was merely stating that you like soft feeling and previously you used IFL and now are using Viscaria so there will be a difference in feeling as Viscaria has harder outer layer so the same rubbers on IFL and Viscaria will feel bit harder on Viscaria.

    Also having testing HM I agree is feels duller than my Apolonia due to the ALC compared to ZLC. The feeling of my Apolonia is way better and softer than HM and that’s with Dignics 09C.

    With Tenergy yes 80 will feel a tad softer than 05 and 64 even softer. It’s the same with the Dignics, the D80 top sheet feels softer than D05.

    I think if you liked the feeling of T80 it’s definitely worth trying as T80 is actually a nice rubber. T64 felt mushy on IFL for you but may not feel so mushy on Viscaria but depending on your style and if you like T05 but just not the feeling then T80 or T19 maybe worth a try.

    T80 is more linear that T05 but touch faster and less spin and less spin sensitive. Verdict on T19 seems to be also more linear than T05 but slower and more spin. So all depends what you want. Trajectory of T80 and T19 both seem lower than T05 but if you want something faster less spin then go T80, if you want something slightly slower but more spin then try T19.

    The Following User Likes Dipak1974's Post:

    thomas.pong


  17. vombi is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 8 6
    vombi's Avatar
    vombi is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 6 8
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas.pong
    Thanks Vombi, it's helpful.

    I like T05 on my FH, but not on my BH (feels too hard, doesn't engage the sponge). I also like T05 FX, on both wings, although I'm starting to think its topsheet still feels too hard for me on the BH of my Viscaria (didn't have that problem on other blades including Harimoto ALC). So for the BH of my Viscaria, I'm looking for a rubber which topsheet doesn't feel as hard as 05 and engages the sponge more easily. I remember really liking T80 (on Innerforce ALC), but finding T64 to be too mushy, but I haven't tried these two rubbers in quite a while, and don't own them anymore. So I'm thinking of trying T80 or T64 again, or T19 for the first time, or reverting back to T80 FX or Rozena. There you go! 😅

    Ur wellcome Thomas! I've played with t19 couple of matches and I have posted a review of T19 with little more details, if you are interested check it out, it could help to make your decision. IMO t19 is far better then t80fx or rozena. Sounds like you are a seasoned player , so T19 is my recommendation over other tenergy rubbers, based on what you wrote about your preferences. Cheers

    The Following User Likes vombi's Post:

    thomas.pong


  18. thomas.pong is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 763 1,608
    thomas.pong's Avatar
    thomas.pong is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,608 763
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by IB66
    Hi Thomas,
    just posted a more comprehensive review in the review section, 😁
    Excellent review btw!

    On a side note, it'll be interesting to see what you think of the Viscaria once you've tried H3 on it, and Tenergy 05/19 once you've maybe tried them on your Acoustics and HL5.

    The Following User Likes thomas.pong's Post:

    IB66


  19. thomas.pong is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 763 1,608
    thomas.pong's Avatar
    thomas.pong is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,608 763
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by vombi

    Ur wellcome Thomas! I've played with t19 couple of matches and I have posted a review of T19 with little more details, if you are interested check it out, it could help to make your decision. IMO t19 is far better then t80fx or rozena. Sounds like you are a seasoned player , so T19 is my recommendation over other tenergy rubbers, based on what you wrote about your preferences. Cheers

    Excellent review as well Vombi! Thanks for your contributions as a newer member to the forum.

    I think "better" is relative, what is better for you might not be for another player, whether he/she is lower, higher or same level as you. Of course, there's no doubt that T19 is better in terms of performance than rubbers like T80 FX or Rozena but only if you have the level and preference to tame it.

    I'm not that seasoned of a player honestly, more of a seasoned equipment tester! lol. The more I think about it, the more I think it comes down to ease of use in order to generate desired performance. Feel is a part of that, but the ability to generate performance easily and confidently is primordial. With that in mind, with a more demanding blade like Viscaria, I think T80 FX or Rozena might be better suited on it on the BH for me, whereas I'd favor 05/80 on the FH or even on the BH of easier blades.

    Question for you and others, out of T19, T80 and T64, which do you feel has the most ease of use? Like getting into the sponge, safety, forgiveness, stays on the table... especially on the BH.

    Cheers!

  20. thomas.pong is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 763 1,608
    thomas.pong's Avatar
    thomas.pong is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,608 763
    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipak1974

    Hey bud. I wasn’t implying change your blade mate I was merely stating that you like soft feeling and previously you used IFL and now are using Viscaria so there will be a difference in feeling as Viscaria has harder outer layer so the same rubbers on IFL and Viscaria will feel bit harder on Viscaria.

    Also having testing HM I agree is feels duller than my Apolonia due to the ALC compared to ZLC. The feeling of my Apolonia is way better and softer than HM and that’s with Dignics 09C.

    With Tenergy yes 80 will feel a tad softer than 05 and 64 even softer. It’s the same with the Dignics, the D80 top sheet feels softer than D05.

    I think if you liked the feeling of T80 it’s definitely worth trying as T80 is actually a nice rubber. T64 felt mushy on IFL for you but may not feel so mushy on Viscaria but depending on your style and if you like T05 but just not the feeling then T80 or T19 maybe worth a try.

    T80 is more linear that T05 but touch faster and less spin and less spin sensitive. Verdict on T19 seems to be also more linear than T05 but slower and more spin. So all depends what you want. Trajectory of T80 and T19 both seem lower than T05 but if you want something faster less spin then go T80, if you want something slightly slower but more spin then try T19.

    Hey Dipak, I understand what you were saying, you made some good points, I'm just pulling your leg a bit. I do like a rather soft feel on BH, and while I don't have to be so picky on blades like IF ALC, I do have to be a bit more on a blade like Viscaria. That's why I said that I'm not just looking for any rubber that especially works for me on other blades. I like H3 on the FH of my Viscaria so much that I'm looking for something a bit precise to complement it on the BH. For me Ease of Use / Feel > Performance Characteristics, because the right feel is what will allow me to perform higher.

    As far as the Harimoto ALC and Apolonia, I think the duller wood feeling is more due to the thickness of the Harimoto (6.0mm vs. 5.7mm for the Apolonia), than ALC vs ZLC to be honest. While people have different opinions over which of these composites feels softer (probably ZLC), ALC is more flexible and ZLC more crisp. But between the 2 aforementioned blades, the Apolonia is bound to be more flexible since it's a lot thinner, also due to its smaller headize. That in turn can translate in it feeling softer overall, while the Harimoto's thicker limba feels duller, stiff and even harder in many instances, even though it pads the carbon layer more.
    Last edited by thomas.pong; 03-23-2021 at 10:46 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.