Blade Makers' Challenge - Custom Der_Echte Blade Requirements

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
For any of the blade makers who are trying to make a portable missile launcher or cannon artillery piece in OFF+ or faster ranger, pls gear it down to the middle to upper OFF range... I can add enough power to that sucka on my own to destroy targets with major collateral damage to boot.

Go apeshyt on the handle if you like though, that will look impressive at any speed, especially at rest.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
The ST handle circumference and length I will insist on precise tolerance to the spec without deviation.

The other ares I left a lot of room for tolrrance... and even there, I can tolerate even more deviation...

I will not gripe if the blade comes in at 6.1 mm thickness.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
It is a good thing when you know before you post that Der will get that you are joking and troublemaking. :)

Of course, every time Carl jokes, I get a chance to perform a military member's most favorite activity - Complain.

Almost nothing makes them happier than complaining.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Throw that sucka in the wash machine and give it a whirl.

Yes, use what you want and what could achieve the feel and performance.

I expect different. Sometimes the end result is epic, sometimes it isn't, but it is always unique.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Started working on this today. Told you I was going to use Ebony [emoji846] Lot's of work ahead, too late to turn back now...
7cbcbc240f407aa2e5ad17cdb059df23.jpg

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Hi everyone,

I think it would be a good idea for each blade maker to have their own thread and story... makes it easier to see... but we could all cram it in here too.

Maybe we make those threads after blade is done?

I was just posting one pic to get the games started. I'm documenting the build but my idea was to make a thread once it's complete.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I was just posting one pic to get the games started. I'm documenting the build but my idea was to make a thread once it's complete.

Another good reason for a seperate thread for each blade maker to do DUING the blade making process is not only to tell a story (which would surely be compelling) but also to build interest, keep it, and have an element of suspense... of what the blade maker is gunna do next.

When I look at the responses to this thread, and the thread I made announcing this challenge, also including the number of LURKERS on TTD who are not posting, I would say there is a LARGE INTEREST in this thing from the TT forum worls...

... so I would say it would benefit both the readers and the blade makers to make seperate threads documenting things... maybe leaving false clues and international intrigue... the stuff of legend and Goon Squad that Carl would approve of all the way to the top Goonie Coommander Dan.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Separate threads for each of the blades sounds like a great idea to me. And the goon squad will have to make an appearance in each thread. And the mastermind goonie is definitely Der_Echte regardless of how he likes to deflect attention to other goon squad members. :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I didn't read because I don't care but
something like 7ply hinoki rosewood hinoki candlenut hinoki rosewood hinoki is my dream composition and I want to say that
Why not ask one of the blade makers to make that for you?

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
SDC and Nate paid.

When Silver and Chase want payment, just PM Der_Echte the paypal email address to send funds and which amount to send. I will also provide my address for shipment. Chase, you can either send by mail or meetup any Tuesday at JZ's Citrus Heights location... or the Russian Church on Fridays.

Thanks.

This user has no status.
SDC and Nate paid.

When Silver and Chase want payment, just PM Der_Echte the paypal email address to send funds and which amount to send. I will also provide my address for shipment. Chase, you can either send by mail or meetup any Tuesday at JZ's Citrus Heights location... or the Russian Church on Fridays.

Thanks.
That would be cool to give it to you in person what time do you play till on tuesdays?