Help me choose a blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2021
Hello guys. Recently I've tried a Primorac Carbon T5000 with tenergy 05 fx on both sides and I've really liked the racket. But then I got my hands on a T05 on forehand and T19 on the backhand and fell in love with the combination. Currently I made up my mind to use the same setup as that, but I can't really choose a blade. Would Stiga Infinity VPS V be a good choice?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020

Primorac Carbon (PC) is very fast, Stiga Infinity VPS (SIV) is on the slower side. See here, they do have very similar dwell (hold, or kick), so they are in a way similar, just PC is much much faster. There is a lot of blades in between, speed-wise. Did you try a blade with deeper hold? I personally prefer those, and I didn't enjoy SIV. But everyone is different, and prefers different style/response.

https://ttgearlab.com/2020/12/14/ho...orac-carbon-from-other-fiber-blades-lab-test/
https://ttgearlab.com/2018/01/23/stiga-arctic-wood-celero-wood-lab-test/

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2021

Primorac Carbon (PC) is very fast, Stiga Infinity VPS (SIV) is on the slower side. See here, they do have very similar dwell (hold, or kick), so they are in a way similar, just PC is much much faster. There is a lot of blades in between, speed-wise. Did you try a blade with deeper hold? I personally prefer those, and I didn't enjoy SIV. But everyone is different, and prefers different style/response.

I didn't try any other blades. I'm just wondering what could be a good combination with these rubbers. And the PC is kind of out of my range money wise.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
I didn't try any other blades. I'm just wondering what could be a good combination with these rubbers. And the PC is kind of out of my range money wise.

It was not apparent, because T05/T19 are 2nd most expensive rubbers. How long do you play? In case you are starting now, I'd recommend good 5-ply wood like Butterfly Korbel. With rubbers, if you don't insist on T05/T19, take Palio AK47 (e.g. on Ali), AK47 Blue for BH and AK47 Red for FH.

Reactions: JBH7
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2021
It was not apparent, because T05/T19 are 2nd most expensive rubbers. How long do you play? In case you are starting now, I'd recommend good 5-ply wood like Butterfly Korbel. With rubbers, if you don't insist on T05/T19, take Palio AK47 (e.g. on Ali), AK47 Blue for BH and AK47 Red for FH.

I've been playing for quite some time and I'm insisting on the T05/T19 combination. My technique is decent but never played with good quality equipment so I decided its time to level up. What about Gionis Carbon Off ? Andro Kanter FO OFF is also good I think?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Few months ago I bought a Xiom Offensive S and although I haven't had opportunity to test it extensively I really like the crisp feel, the balance. It is medium stiff and spins the ball really easy. The owner of the garage where I play has an Infinity VPS and a Violin, so I managed to compare them with the XOS. I completely disliked the Stiga which didn't offer anything special being stiffer but slower than the XOS. Violin was lovely with T05FX, but my XOS was obviously faster with an oldish Thor's. Feeling wise those two are very similar and I prefer the XOS being waaay cheaper and much lighter as well.
I bought the XOS from Пловдив and paid less than 30€.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
I've been playing for quite some time and I'm insisting on the T05/T19 combination. My technique is decent but never played with good quality equipment so I decided its time to level up. What about Gionis Carbon Off ? Andro Kanter FO OFF is also good I think?

Can't comment on Gionis Carbon OFF and Andro Kanter FO OFF. You can look at Andro Treiber CO OFF. It is not as fast as it is declared, good hold, I think really great blade. If you prefer more kick (I don't), then Andro Treiber FO OFF. Some people prefer FO over CO, e.g. Damien Eloi from Andro; depends on style.

Hello guys. Recently I've tried a Primorac Carbon T5000 with tenergy 05 fx on both sides and I've really liked the racket. But then I got my hands on a T05 on forehand and T19 on the backhand and fell in love with the combination. Currently I made up my mind to use the same setup as that, but I can't really choose a blade. Would Stiga Infinity VPS V be a good choice?

If you like the Primorac Carbon, you would like the Xiom Feel HX.

http://tennisdiscount.eu/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=1058

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
T05 and T19 will go well on just about any blade, it just depends on your level and feel preference.

Personally, I don't like the Stiga Infinity VPS, too stiff.

Depending on what you're looking for, here are some classic OFF blades:

• No Carbon: Xiom Offensive S, Butterfly Korbel or Stiga Azalea OFF

• Inner Carbon: Butterfly Innerforce ALC or DHS Hurricane 301

• Outer Carbon: Butterfly Viscaria, Donic Ovtcharov/Original True Carbon or Gewo Force Arc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kolev and latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2021
T05 and T19 will go well on just about any blade, it just depends on your level and feel preference.

Personally, I don't like the Stiga Infinity VPS, too stiff.

Depending on what you're looking for, here are some classic OFF blades:

• No Carbon: Xiom Offensive S, Butterfly Korbel or Stiga Azalea OFF

• Inner Carbon: Butterfly Innerforce ALC or DHS Hurricane 301

• Outer Carbon: Butterfly Viscaria, Donic Ovtcharov/Original True Carbon or Gewo Force Arc.

After long reading and reviews I've made up my mind on a Butterfly Korbel or a DHS Hurricane 301. And now I wonder would the carbon in the Hurricane 301 be a better choice? or It wont be a much difference between them? Also thank you for your replies guys, really helpful.

After long reading and reviews I've made up my mind on a Butterfly Korbel or a DHS Hurricane 301. And now I wonder would the carbon in the Hurricane 301 be a better choice? or It wont be a much difference between them? Also thank you for your replies guys, really helpful.

I heard from a friend that the 301 is a very good blade. It has good feedback and it is definitely slower than viscaria. It pairs well with the said rubbers.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

2 excellent blades!

Carbon doesn't mean a better choice.

You'll get more balance, feel and control from the Korbel, with plenty of speed still. A great blade for beginners, intermediate and professionals alike.

You'll get more speed and less control and feel from the 301.

The Tenergy rubbers are already very fast. The Korbel is a safer choice. I wouldn't get the 301 if you haven't trained seriously for at least 5 years. Then again, I wouldn't recommend Tenergy if you haven't trained seriously for at least 5 years. Too fast / less control means the ball flying off the table too often, control = the ball landing consistently which allows you to perfect your technique is way more important, feel too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kolev and latej