I WANNA EJ (Hurricane Hao 3)

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Has anybody tried this blade? I want to buy it, but I have no idea how it plays or feels. How does it compare to a hurricane long 5 or maybe a viscaria.
Well, based on its built, its a classic 5-ply blade on the very OFF side. Think Butterfly Korbel or Xiom Offensive S but faster and slightly more stiff due to its top ply. Still has some flex due to being all-wood and 6.0mm thick. Seems like it would be great to try.

Well, based on its built, its a classic 5-ply blade on the very OFF side. Think Butterfly Korbel or Xiom Offensive S but faster and slightly more stiff due to its top ply. Still has some flex due to being all-wood and 6.0mm thick. Seems like it would be great to try.

Thomas, regarding that. It actually is a 4 ply wood blade with a fiberglass core. That is kinda why I have no idea about this blade.

Reactions: thomas.pong
says Footwork footwork footwork
Not sure if this will help, but I’ve come from Nittaku Acoustic and switched to Hurricane Hao 2 and have not looked back.

I appreciate the linearity and speed of the blade. I think HH3 shares the same Outer and Medial plies if I’m not mistaken (koto, spruce).

This pairs very nicely with H3 Provincial and G1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Long 5 is definitely a must try. I don't think they are many if any composite blades that have as much flex, dwell and which hold the ball as much as it does, while it still has excellent speed.

In all honesty, I really think it is, and it is cheaper than hao 3, but there are also other cheaper blades out there such as fb2 and hurricane ji(which they say has better backhand performance.) So in one hand, I wanna get the long 5 to get this done and over with but I dont know if it has a guarantee to satisfy forever, but the cheap blades satisfy for a while.

Reactions: latej
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

In all honesty, I really think it is, and it is cheaper than hao 3, but there are also other cheaper blades out there such as fb2 and hurricane ji(which they say has better backhand performance.) So in one hand, I wanna get the long 5 to get this done and over with but I dont know if it has a guarantee to satisfy forever, but the cheap blades satisfy for a while.

Yea, I still think the HL5 is a must-try compared to the other ones which are more secondary. Also that the HL5 has the real opportunity to satisfy longer, and better resale value if it doesn't! 😉

More often than not, quality > quantity.

Last edited:
Reactions: latej
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Hi
Long 5 is a great blade, pairs very well with rubbers such as H3, when you start to use more power/speed of stroke the carbon kicks in and the ball speed increases rapidly!!!
I found it quite difficult to tame, at the time. Balls would fly long. I sort of thought that there were large ‘jumps’ in speed.
H3 Neo provincial un-boosted (FH) and Golden Tango (BH) were the rubbers on the Long 5.
Brush looping is very good!!
I have just bought a Viscaria, yet to try tacky rubbers on it, but it plays very well with T05/19 on it, fast but more ‘regulated’ in how the change of power applied comes through, smoother!!!

Reactions: thomas.pong
Hi
Long 5 is a great blade, pairs very well with rubbers such as H3, when you start to use more power/speed of stroke the carbon kicks in and the ball speed increases rapidly!!!
I found it quite difficult to tame, at the time. Balls would fly long. I sort of thought that there were large ‘jumps’ in speed.
H3 Neo provincial un-boosted (FH) and Golden Tango (BH) were the rubbers on the Long 5.
Brush looping is very good!!
I have just bought a Viscaria, yet to try tacky rubbers on it, but it plays very well with T05/19 on it, fast but more ‘regulated’ in how the change of power applied comes through, smoother!!!

Thanks, so how does a long 5 compare to hurricane king 3?