Rakza Z

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
5 out of 5 rating for Rakza Z

I first tried this rubber on a Donic Ovtcharov Dotec off blade, FH only, really liked it and now have it on an Acoustic and Acoustic Inner BH & FH!!! I really like how Rakza Z (RZ) plays and feels, I’m using it with the 2.0mm sponge. I believe the sponge hardness is around 50 degrees give or take!! Yasaka give a fairly broad rating for their sponges, rather than a precise one. Hybrid Energy ‘Power Sponge’’Top sheet is fairly tacky, a little more than D09C, less than H3 / H3 Neo. Like D09C some tackiness is lost after a week or so, when cleaned the tackiness returns for a short while. The surface picks up dust easily and needs regular cleaning during play.When new the bounce test produces a fairly ‘dead’ bounce, but after a week or so the bounce becomes more like a controlled spring sponge.For example H3 3-4 bounces, RZ 4-7, T05/19 loads!!! Top sheet is softer than D09C H3 etc I think that the softness helps to engage the sponge, I can really feel the ball sink in when playing harder strokes, this gives me confidence that I am applying good / high spin levels to my top spins and loops.RZ has a high throw angle, personally I don’t mind this, but some may feel it’s too high. The arc is high but the spin really pulls the ball back onto the table.When looping and activating the sponge the speed picks up well, it’s plenty fast enough. Faster than I was initially expecting.Spin levels are high, up there with maybe a tad better than D09C and not far behind H3 / H3 Neo, but its easier to get the best out of this rubber compared to the H3’sShort game is good, easy to control, not to much bounce from the sponge when pushing. A little ‘muted’ compared to harder top sheets.Blocking is good, drives and flatter hits easier than H3’s not as crisp as D09C, but I’ve played some really great counter top spins shots with RZ when you catch it the ball is really propelled quickly past your opponent ‘Power sponge’ mode!!!Chops can be played, but the high arc and softer feel is not really suited to chopping style.Topspin v backspin - the high arc and great grip makes it easier to play against backspin, good technique is still needed!!serve flick return on BH, very good, something I’ve been working on recently, good speed, spin and control.Serving is very good, loads of spin, and I find it relatively easy to be able to control the amount of spin imparted which gives really good variation.The soft feeling adds control and some forgiveness, I have confidence with RZ in all areas and that’s a big plus!!Overall this is the best hybrid rubber I’ve used (so far!!!!) it has it all in high levels but not necessarily the best of any!!!! Easy to play with..[Tau 2 is on it’s way to me, on a ‘slow boat from China’ another rubber I would like to try is Xiom Omega China Ying / Guang].RZ would be an excellent starting point for players that are considering moving from ESN/Spring sponges and grippy top sheets to the tacky Chinese rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Read 3 reviews

I have always preferred to use euro-style tensor rubbers.The Chinese tacky rubber was just not my cup of tea. I found that their nonresponsive hard sponge along with sticky surface is very difficult to use effectively when out of position and forced to defend. Also, the tacky top sheet is hard to maintain and loose tackiness very quickly. Not very fast as well. On the plus side, it is great on serve and receives, net play, and of course in the spin department.Hybrid rubbers always seamed like best of both worlds, only in practice they weren't. I guess technology just wasn't there. However, I believe that this rubber is a game changer! Somehow Yasaka has produced rubber that combines all advantages of tacky surface, with a sponge that can activate and deliver liveliness when needed, and I love it! It has a high arc for over-the-net safety, amazing spin capability, and amazing control. Sticky surface neutralizes all of the opponent incoming spin, so you don't have to adjust bat angle on every single shot, instead, you just go for it and simply counterstrike and place it where you want it! That being said, it not super fast rubber, and you may need a faster blade to utilize all of its potentials, and you can also always impart more power to your shots. But don't worry it is more than enough to finish the point, especially once u adjust the stroke mechanic to be more forward, and the bat angle to be more closed. One more thing going for it is a reasonable price. Butterfly Dignics 09C has similar properties but faster, and more bounce, but it cost more than double, so its no brainer in my book!All in all great rubber very well priced. It does take some adjustment in your technique but it is worth it.

This user has no status.

Rakza Z has a slightly harder sponge, 51 degrees. What makes it heavier, cut to 157x150mm weighs 52g. According to what it's like to play with it, I'd say it's closer to ESN tensor rubbers than to Chinese sticky rubbers, but it's that stickiness that gives it extra spin, so it's actually a real hybrid rubber and, in my opinion, one of the best hybrid rubbers on the market. With counter topspin and flicks, it is not necessary to pay so much attention to the angle of the racket. I have noticed that if I misjudge the amount of opponent rotation, with the Rakza Z I can put the ball back on the table pretty easy. When I started playing with Rakza Z I noticed that I attack the opponents serve much more. Also, during the game I decide to counterspin more, because the rubber gives me more security, so I decide to attack more often. See my more detailed analysis in the video review below.