Andro R42 vs Butterfly 80fx

mat

This user has no status.

mat

This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Hi, any experience with Andro R42 on fh side?

Currently I Use Butterfly 80fx and maybe changing to Andro. Any experience with Andro? ​Big difference compared to 80fx in arc, speed, spin, control?

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Hi, any experience with Andro R42 on fh side?Currently I Use Butterfly 80fx and maybe changing to Andro. Any experience with Andro? ​Big difference compared to 80fx in arc, speed, spin, control?
Hey Mat,

Sorry to be the one responding again.
It seems you want every major 40-43 deg rubber compared to T80 FX.

Well, R42 is not going to do anything magic or anything T80 FX can't do and vice-versa. However, R42 will wear out a lot sooner, not only its topsheet, but also its booster effect after a couple weeks. Once again, if you want a Euro ESN equivalent to T80 FX (a little different of course), I and many people on the forum would much sooner recommend Tibhar Evolution FX-P than R42.

I still think Japanese ESN rubbers like Rakza X Soft (42.5 deg) or V>15 Limber would be your best choices.
I can continue to describe various rubber options to you to my best ability and you're still going to have your doubts on what rubber to buy amongst the many offerings to choose from.
I think it all comes down to trying something at this point.

Last edited:

mat

This user has no status.

mat

This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Hi Thomas again,

and tx for all your tips. I am grateful for your nice replies and for your point of view. Definetly it will just be useful.

Best regards
Matej

Reactions: thomas.pong
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Hi Thomas again,

and tx for all your tips. I am grateful for your nice replies and for your point of view. Definetly it will just be useful.

Best regards
Matej
You're welcome Matej, I try to help when/how I can.

In this case, I've tried most if not all the rubbers you have been wondering about, plus the ones I've recommended of course.

You seem to have a good idea of what you're looking for which is a good start. But I think you shouldn't get too bugged down about the slight differences or overwhelmed by all the choices. You've done your research, asked questions, you more or less know what to expect, but you won't know for sure until you try. After that, all you can do is to narrow it down to 2 or 3 rubbers, use you gut feeling and try one, you likely can't go wrong.