Rubber suggestion

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2021
I bought a Mazenouv Offensive blade 2 months ago and use rakza 7 soft on both sides. However I do not feel Comfortable while looping or blocking topspin. Can some one suggest me rubbers for fh and bh. I prefer looping from close and far from table for both fh and bh and smash the ball occasionally when I get the right height. I don't know the actual weight of my blade but it's above 85g.

TIA

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2021

Rakza 7 soft is one of the slowest (if not the slowest) ESN rubbers. I suggest You switch to a slower blade.

Cheers
L-zr

Thank you very much for your time. I appreciate your response. However I prefer keeping this blade. Any rubber you can suggest me?

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Like Lazer has implied. the issue in terms of your equipment very likely comes from your blade and not your rubbers. The Rakza 7 Soft is a rubber that is known for generating good amounts of spin easily and being excellent at blocking, so that would actually be one of the first rubbers I would recommend to anyone who has issues with spin regardless of their blade, if you were not using R7S already. The Mazunov blade however, is a very thick thus stiff blade so it requires a high level / advanced technique in order to generate spin easily, while it would be much easier for beginners / intermediate players to generate spin with a flexible blade like say a Butterfly Primorac OFF-. This leads me to think that the issue you're facing is not just with your blade, but mostly with technique.

Could you tell us how long you've been playing? In what setting: club, home, school, work...? If you're being coached. Finally, what blade and rubbers were you using before your Mazunov and Rakza 7 Soft? This will help us assess your issue better and answer it accurately.

Reactions: IB66
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020

Thank you for your time
I used dawei power carbon 5 6 years back when I played casually without proper coaching( was guided by our coach at school with the basics and all due to lack of time and alot of players) I used both mark V and Rakza 7. I played decently and won matches in my school and Interschool tournament. Later on I was inspired by my senior who was a defender and used long pips. I decided to use longs pips and had a strange king 61 second blade with a friendship long pimple (1mm) and dhs hurricane 3 neo for fh. I used it for 1 and a half years but my attacking fell as I had long pimple in bh so my coach and seniors told me to stop playing defensive and play like I used to. However due to corona I couldn't play for a year. I then started this January with the set up mentioned. I bough mazunov because my school coach had it and I loved it when I used his one. He had a rakza 7 soft and a donic sonec jp gold. From this January, I am training under a coach who is guiding me but I feel frustrated when I can't hit the loops and block the top spins which I used to do effortlessly before That is why I was thinking if anything was wrong with my set up. Please guide me
TIA

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

Thank you for your time
I used dawei power carbon 5 6 years back when I played casually without proper coaching( was guided by our coach at school with the basics and all due to lack of time and alot of players) I used both mark V and Rakza 7. I played decently and won matches in my school and Interschool tournament. Later on I was inspired by my senior who was a defender and used long pips. I decided to use longs pips and had a strange king 61 second blade with a friendship long pimple (1mm) and dhs hurricane 3 neo for fh. I used it for 1 and a half years but my attacking fell as I had long pimple in bh so my coach and seniors told me to stop playing defensive and play like I used to. However due to corona I couldn't play for a year. I then started this January with the set up mentioned. I bough mazunov because my school coach had it and I loved it when I used his one. He had a rakza 7 soft and a donic sonec jp gold. From this January, I am training under a coach who is guiding me but I feel frustrated when I can't hit the loops and block the top spins which I used to do effortlessly before That is why I was thinking if anything was wrong with my set up. Please guide me
TIA

Thanks for the background info, this will help us guide you a little bit more easily.

It seems to me that your main problem is due to technique due to lack of practice for a long time. I think as you practice more and more, your technique will come back, so be patient and try to enjoy the game and process rather than be impatient and tense which will hurt your game.

Also, why not go back to your Dawei Power Carbon for a while if that's what you were most used to, learned the game with and were more comfortable with? That way you can ease back into the game. I would either do that, or buy a Butterfly Korbel or Xiom Offensive S and mount the Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft rubbers on it. I think if you do that and practice a lot, things will be easier for you. One your game feels more comfortable and more like before again in several months or year, you can try the Mazunov again and see where you stand. The Mazunov is a very demanding stiff and fast blade which makes spin shots harder to produce because of lack of feel and control if you don't play at a very high level.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Hi. I never used this Mazunov blade, but I understand it's a fast and heavy all wood blade? Why not try something more linear than Rakza 7 Soft, and perhaps more lightweight? I have used 729 Focus III Snipe in the past. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1608620179.html Maybe not as durable as Rakza, but cheaper and lighter. Very good control in the defensive and offensive play. 44deg would work for both backhand and forehand I guess, but depending on your own preferences there's both softer 42 deg, and harder 46 deg.

Reactions: thomas.pong