PALIO Ak47

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
I am really confused! Why did Dan boost his Hurricane : when comparing it to Dignics on youtube?
Hurricane generally has a very hard feeling sponge and a tacky topsheet, so boosting it creates properties of a rubber sheet that didn't really exist or weren't mainstream until relatively recently (i.e., tacky rubbers with a softer sponge, like Rakza Z, Dignics 09c, Golden Tango, etc). Boosting a sheet of AK47 would make it more lively, but it would also make the sponges softer than most people want.

That's why thomas.pong suggested "just about never", since the AK47 would serve you well as it is up until the skill level that a different rubber sheet would be a much better fit. What skill level am I talking about? Unknown, since I imagine that most players up to a 2200 rating could use AK47 and still have the technical prowess to beat a player ~200-ish points lower than them (regardless of what their opponent is using). Is it ideal at that rating? no. Is it still capable of producing decent speed, spin, and control? yes.

• Love
Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
I am just a novice. I have only been playing for 2 years. I had the chance to try Tenergy05 but a pal of mine told me to not purchase expensive rubbers yet. I really like to spin on forehand and backhand. My first blade was just a hobby bat that came with its own rubber.

AK 47 Red is not recommended for novices Plus, you're already using a fast blade.. .. .. I'd suggest you opt for the Blue variant, on both sides .. or Blue on one, and Yellow on the other..

This user has no status.
IS there a UK retailer of AK47? I'd like to buy light rubber for my son but don't fancy AliExpress. If that's the only option anyone recommend an Ali shop?

Hi,
I don't know about UK, but in Europe at least https://www.pingmaster.it/en-us/ (in Italy) sells AK47.
I bought mine from Prince of Table Tennis http://www.princett.com/EN/USD/home.html
It is China/Hongkong -based. My experiences with it have been good, but I haven't bought anything from it during pandemic.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I am really confused! Why did Dan boost his Hurricane : when comparing it to Dignics on youtube?
Most people don't boost their rubbers. Rubbers are made to be played as-is with their own characteristics. When people want a faster and/or spinnier rubber, they usually buy a different rubber that's faster and/or spinnier. They might even keep the same rubbers and just use a faster or flexier blade.

The only commonly boosted rubbers are Chinese Tacky rubbers, like Hurricane 3. Most people, like me, play with it non-boosted, but some choose to boost them because Chinese Tacky rubbers are particular and have a very hard sponge. Boosting it makes the sponge less hard, and gives it more European/Japanese-style rubber qualities, mainly added speed and some added spin, but also less control. In his Dignics 09C review, Dan boosted Hurricane 3 in order to make it as similar and comparable to Dignics 09C as possible.

AK47's are Euro/Japanese-style Non-Tacky rubbers from a Chinese brand (Palio), so they already have a softer/faster porous sponge that is factory-tuned and doesn't need to be boosted. Unlike Chinese Tacky rubbers and their hard dense brick sponges, Euro-Japanese-style rubbers can suffer and damage more easily when booster is applied to them.

There you go!

IS there a UK retailer of AK47? I'd like to buy light rubber for my son but don't fancy AliExpress. If that's the only option anyone recommend an Ali shop?

Ive used playapingpong,chinesepingpong and ghs sports.All provided good service and legit products including the Ak47 Red & Blue I purchased.