CCBladecraft: Blademaker Challenge

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2020
The dragon skin is one of the proprietary things Charlie has taught me so I’ve been sworn to secrecy. I can say it’s not cloth. It’s glued on with impact resistant glue to make it a hard shell which on this blade isn’t entirely necessary but it’s still a cool feature to have. Saves your balsa blades though!

Ok thanks now we know it's actually red carbon tissue taffetas cut and glued on the edge

Red%20carbon%20tissue.JPG

For the white one the process might be different: removing all the fibers and rearranging them to create that black only squares on the surface, but I guess you do with innegra carbon tissue, to avoid too much storage and suppliers issues, using the same products for different process avoid money loss, it's recycling instead of putting cut sheets in the garbage, nice for the planet !

This user has no status.
Music&Ping;342896 said:

Ok thanks now we know it's actually red carbon tissue taffetas cut and glued on the edge

Red%20carbon%20tissue.JPG

For the white one the process might be different: removing all the fibers and rearranging them to create that black only squares on the surface, but I guess you do with innegra carbon tissue, to avoid too much storage and suppliers issues, using the same products for different process avoid money loss, it's recycling instead of putting cut sheets in the garbage, nice for the planet !

I like the guess! But not even close!

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Well, Chase was fist to market delivered, so I got delivered... all FOUR of his blades. He had talked on the phone about two blades he had made and he ended up tossing them in the deal. That was mighty kind of the man... I should buy the guy a steak dinner at a minimum...

We were pressed for time as he got off work and to The TT site only 15 mnutes before closing... I had to hastily glue the 4 blades, then slap on my trusted MX-K and FX-S combo trying out each blade maybe 5-6 hits per blade... there was only that much time. Could only try for counter loop vs incoming loop, and for opening loop vs underspin.

Due to the extreme short sample size and short time frame, I would need to try these one by one for a night each to know them better.

Still, the short hit with each convinced me that I would likely be able to play at my level with ANY of those four blades.

Interesting as these four blades were all uniquely different. One (not the 2 delivered under terms of the challenge) was according to Chase an OFF+ blade... yeah it had that top end on the POUNDER shots, but wasn't an OFF+ quickie reboundie blade on low or medium impacts. One of the blades was according to Chase an ALL+ blade... top end of that puppy was NOT an ALL+... I could make dat dog BARK with it... but that is true of a lot of great ALL+ blades in that the possible top end is high as control allows a stronger impact and that impact with a modern rubber will fly by ya.

I would need Chase to CHIME IN as he was on other end and could see and feel from another perspective.

One thing for sure is that I could spin with them all, firt and most important requirement in my kind of game.

• Love
Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
I like my steaks medium-rare haha! Like Der_Echte said we were definitely pressed for time. I’m excited to hear his feedback after hitting with them more. With the short time we did hit I have to say spin was no problem. He’s definitely a higher level player than I am and I can say I’ve never felt the ball bite so hard when it contacted my blade! There was one ball in particular that was head level high coming at me and dipped straight down to catch the end of the table! Incredible spin! I also had the opportunity to hit with the “quarter pounder deluxe”! I’ve really only hit with blades by Charlie when it comes to other custom blades so this was interesting. I wish I could’ve looked at it more but from a quick few hits it seemed like a heavy 7 ply that had no problem with driving the ball fast! The weight seemed a lil heavy but I use the Waldner head shape on my personal blades so I’m more used to a really light head. I’d like to try another more my style because the blade definitely looked good!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
I like my steaks medium-rare haha! Like Der_Echte said we were definitely pressed for time. I’m excited to hear his feedback after hitting with them more. With the short time we did hit I have to say spin was no problem. He’s definitely a higher level player than I am and I can say I’ve never felt the ball bite so hard when it contacted my blade! There was one ball in particular that was head level high coming at me and dipped straight down to catch the end of the table! Incredible spin! I also had the opportunity to hit with the “quarter pounder deluxe”! I’ve really only hit with blades by Charlie when it comes to other custom blades so this was interesting. I wish I could’ve looked at it more but from a quick few hits it seemed like a heavy 7 ply that had no problem with driving the ball fast! The weight seemed a lil heavy but I use the Waldner head shape on my personal blades so I’m more used to a really light head. I’d like to try another more my style because the blade definitely looked good!

Great work! What are the compositions of the other blades you gave Der-Echte?

*(Also, please don't judge my blades based on the quarter pounder deluxe - It turned out way heavier than expected and so I sent it to Der_Echte knowing he might enjoy something that heavy - my 7 plies are generally 15-20g lighter 🤣)

This user has no status.

Great work! What are the compositions of the other blades you gave Der-Echte?

*(Also, please don't judge my blades based on the quarter pounder deluxe - It turned out way heavier than expected and so I sent it to Der_Echte knowing he might enjoy something that heavy - my 7 plies are generally 15-20g lighter 🤣)

I’m very aware! I judge on the work and like I said it looks awesome and like a very well made blade. I would like to try one some day that is a composition I would like. Maybe I need like an 1/8th pounder deluxe lol! I gave him another uni carbon blade but faster and then that mahogany all+ I originally made and posted. The mahogany is interesting I haven’t tried it before so I’m curious to hear his feedback on what the speed feels like at high impact.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Again, not enough time to really even halfway evaluate even one of the four blades, more time needed and there should be enough time in the future.

There was enough time to see that any and all of them could spin.

Chase gunna need to get off work by 9 PM one day, so we can meetup at Texas Roadhouse for one of those juicy ribeye steaks on me. That is the minimum I should do.

When Sitta was open, once a week, 6-8 of us would go down there after SITTA shut down at 9 PM.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I have had two more sessions with the faster of the 2 (and +2) blades and I have more comments.

I really wish that Scoobie Doo Sergey Tsos would get on the forum and talk about it, since he was on the other end once and on my end twice when I played using the rocket that I have tentatively called the DE Ground Pounder.

Maybe also might be a good idea just to make ONE thread talking about all the blades performance feedback, so every thing is in one place...

or just make a seprerate thread for each blade's feedback...

or make the feedback in the blade makers' threads where they told their story...

or make a seperate thread and link the origional thread in the description box to ensure TTD members can see the blade makers' stories - I think that is important.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I have had two more sessions with the faster of the 2 (and +2) blades and I have more comments.

I really wish that Scoobie Doo Sergey Tsos would get on the forum and talk about it, since he was on the other end once and on my end twice when I played using the rocket that I have tentatively called the DE Ground Pounder.

Maybe also might be a good idea just to make ONE thread talking about all the blades performance feedback, so every thing is in one place...

or just make a seprerate thread for each blade's feedback...

or make the feedback in the blade makers' threads where they told their story...

or make a seperate thread and link the origional thread in the description box to ensure TTD members can see the blade makers' stories - I think that is important.

A good idea too to take a pic of all the "custom' blade together in fully glory!

And I can't wait to hear your feedbacks about how each blade plays.

Kudos to the Blade Makers for taking up the challenge and for Der in making this challenge an interesting way start to 2021 TT!!!

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
The DE Ground Pounder blade that feels OFF to low OFF+ is great in open play, noticably faster with same packed spin... lower percentage of course on first slower topspin... but getting used to it more after 3rd try. Open play is powerful, a real punisher blade. First ball if I am not tired lazy is getting there.

This blade makes me want to counter all incoming missiles, makes me crave that.

• Love
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Hit with one of the other 3 blades, maybe the All+ one that is really more like OFF and OFF+ on counter-crush shots.

Counter-crushing Sergey Scoobie Doo Tsos loops on the rise with this thing was really CRACKING. Simply could pack the spin and speed or just slap away. Real pressure and finishes.