Blade Makers' Challenge - SDC Blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
A bummer, on the Quarter Pounder Deluxe I hit edge of table and now I gotta reglue a small cm crack...

Hope I never do that with THE SPARTAN

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Poor quarter pounder deluxe (QPD). Good thing I'm pretty certain the SPARTAN will be a better blade than the QPD. Side note: I used Kevlar in my blade for the challenge...I knew I needed to make you something relatively bullet-proof. 🤣

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
That blade handle is pretty coooool.

I say all of you guys in the challenge should just buy Stiga Offensive Classics, and say they are the blade you made for him. He loves Stiga blades and the OC is one of the ones he likes the best. I heard him say things about earthquakes when talking about the OC.....Can't go wrong there. :)

Then you guys can send the actual blades you make to me instead. :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Poor quarter pounder deluxe (QPD). Good thing I'm pretty certain the SPARTAN will be a better blade than the QPD. Side note: I used Kevlar in my blade for the challenge...I knew I needed to make you something relatively bullet-proof. 🤣

Bullet-Proof is a wise choice if you are designing a blade for Der. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews

Bullet-Proof is a wise choice if you are designing a blade for Der. :)

Der is a genuine 💣-man at the table. I reckon that Sergio should have put German ‘panzer’ as the non-wood layer.

BTW nice work Serge!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Too risky, it would probably be confiscated by customs if I tried to smuggle heavy artillery.

And, for sure, the goon squad would quadruple efforts to capture you and obscond with that blade if you did. Come to think if it, they still might given it is bullet proof!

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Goonies are NOT gunna get anywher NEAR that shipment... Carl already registered the RFID tag for the shipment with the post... and all the while, had his mini-skirt wearing team associate do the switcheroo and re-attached that sucker on a crate bound for police HQ in Havana, Cuba. This trick, while it incurred some travel expenses for his asociate who was conveniently in Europe at the time, was an even smarter move than the time Carl planted a fake rare Pikachu in Pokemon Go right before teh Brokklyn Bridge lane 2 trapdoor right when those Goonies were closing in on Carl. Well, Carl got the last laugh on that one... and this one shapes up to be a whopper.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
The SPARTAN has been sitting in Miami customs the last 5 days... along with a shipment for MAS63... maybe we need to bring Miami Vice out of retirement.
I'm excited for you to get his blade - I want to know how it is! I'm tempted to buy a blade from Sergio too because he does great work and I know he has some materials that I don't have access to. I'm happy that Mas got a blade from him too (since I couldn't build him what he wanted) - what composition is Mas's blade?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
I'm excited for you to get his blade - I want to know how it is! I'm tempted to buy a blade from Sergio too because he does great work and I know he has some materials that I don't have access to. I'm happy that Mas got a blade from him too (since I couldn't build him what he wanted) - what composition is Mas's blade?

Mas's blade is the first one on this thread, the composition is Ayous / Spruce / Carbon / Ayous / Carbon / Spruce / Ayous

Reactions: Nate4s
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Took a few pics before gluing on standard Tibhar MX-K and FX-S combo from my sig...

179697249_10225288213650711_7151130038853079004_n.jpg

180421797_10225288213850716_1155387622396839170_n.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
As for the process, I purposely ran this like a classic military operational leadership. (at least the version of my vision of that)

How? I gave the situation, the desired outcome, and a few specific requirements... clarified questions, then got out of the way. I purposely DID NOT be over-burdonsome with requirements of every aspect - the blade makers needed a chance to demnstrate (not to me) to the public they are legit badd-azz. Thgey do not need me to take away their initiative and creativity to achieve the end state.

At least I always hoped every commander would operate that way when there ae PLENTY of experienced skilled operators in the group. These blade makers are exactly that, so why get in their way>

Commanders command (and do not / should not micromanage), Operators operate and get the mission done with their leaders, Senior Operators advise Commanders, Combat Support provides support. Easy concepts if run right in the proper spirit.