Blade to compensate an injury

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2021
Hi, I would like you advice to me please, I was playing tt since 3 yrs ago in a club but because my coach wasn't very good I've got an injury in my shoulder so now I can play tt but without much effort because I need to recover it, but doctor said I should operate the shoulder, anyways I can't play well anymore.
My setup is korbel, a xiom vega euro max as bh and a Yinhe Jupiter II 38 deg max
So now I want to compensate my weakness by the harm and play just less hard.
I won't play in tournaments either, at least till I get better.
Do you think will be better keep the blade and change rubber or change blade and keep the rubbers?

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 8 Pro mediante Tapatalk

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I'd also say to get a light blade, like a balsa core one.

If you don't want to lose speed, the Yasaka Balsa is a good option at around 75g, when most Korbels are 90g or higher.

If you want to make it even easier on your shoulder, change your heavy FH rubber for a lighter tensor that will also do more work for you like Butterfly Tenergy 64 FX, Tibhar Evolution FX-P or Xiom Vega Asia DF, while you can keep the Vega Europe on the BH.

This will save you at least 20 to 30+ grams, and will produce speed more easily on its own, which will help relieve a lot of stress on your shoulder.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I had a similar issue and used a Yasaka Battle Balsa (73g) which is an OFF- blade. I think the Battle Balsa is a bit faster than the Balsa. You can also get blades with Carbon layers in the 80g range, e.g. Yinhe M101 (external carbon, limba top) or T-6S (Hinoki top) so they are even faster which means you need less effort.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2021
I had a similar issue and used a Yasaka Battle Balsa (73g) which is an OFF- blade. I think the Battle Balsa is a bit faster than the Balsa. You can also get blades with Carbon layers in the 80g range, e.g. Yinhe M101 (external carbon, limba top) or T-6S (Hinoki top) so they are even faster which means you need less effort.
I read about m201 and m202, being 202 made of limbs outer ply and faster than m201 koto outer ply, I didn't read about m101 do you have some review?

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 8 Pro mediante Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
See the review at ... and switch on the close captioning for English subtitles ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I also think it is good to try to have a pretty fast setup with softer bouncy rubbers so you get some help. As a student of physiotherapy I also recommend you to think about what behaviors that led to the injury and try to change those.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016