Got Covid

Hi Yogi,

Great that you’re back home and on the mend!! Keep on with gentle exercise, don’t over extend yourself etc.

My mother has Pulmonary Fibrosis and struggles to breath, she had her vacation 3 months ago and is due the second jab this weekend. She’s 90 yrs old, and after the 1st jab seemed to get weaker for the following 2 weeks, and suffered a seizure of some kind, or ‘episode’ as the hospital referred to it. Caused by low sodium, magnesium levels, NOT the vaccine. Anyway she was taken to hospital and was in there for about 9 weeks. They tested her for COVID when she was admitted, negative,
and weekly thereafter, 3rd week she tested positive!! She was in a ‘non COVID ‘ ward!!
The Vaccine helped saved her life, no doubt at all !! Someone with Pulmonary Fibrosis is at severe risk.Loss of breath etc similar/worse than where you are at the moment. She is now home and on oxygen even when sitting. But she’s home and much happier!!
Worst thing has been not being able to visit her when in hospital, isolated from her family was horrible for her, so I can really relate to the experience you are going through.
Even when she was discharged, like yourself a 14 day isolation period ensued, we had to rearrange the house!! Bed moved downstairs etc so the 2m rule could be adhered to at all times by my father. Within 2m it was gloves, aprons and masks!!

I think writing this is possibly more for myself!!! To help get things off my mind and show others that having the vaccine can save your life. BECAUSE YOU DON’T KNOW HOW IT WILL EFFECT YOU.
some have no symptoms, some die, some get a head ache, some suffer symptoms like yourself.

If the vaccine is offered, take it !!
even if you are vaccinated, maintain the social distancing rules, wear masks, wash your hands all that stuff, you can still test positive and pass it on to someone that has not been vaccinated.

Anyway, that’s enough of that.

Yogi, all the best to yourself, family, friends and pupils.
keep moving forward, stay SMART, stay SAFE 😁

Thanks for sharing this man. Hope your mom remains healthy and strong despite her advanced age. The sad thing is, you are likely to get Covid also in a hospital if admitted due to ease of transmission even if you are in a non-covid ward. I had a student in tt before that her mom and uncle died due to visiting a cancer ward and got covid. People should take covid seriously. The repercussions are really bad and the worst thing is you can infect someone close to you. So guys, please take your precautions and protect the people around you.
I will ge vaccinated after I get out of quarantine. One of the things I am prioritizing to do after 2weeks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
It was hard at first even just going to the bathroom but I reminded myself we are tt players and we are stronger than ordinary people. Also, had a realization that if I am not gonna recover soon, the kids will not be trained for quite some time.

get well soon yogi bear. also, thats the spirit, but really, get well soon

Yogi, hopefully you will have a steady path to recovery. Sadly, some people have a strange post-Covid syndrome that can last indefinitely.

I hope our TTD forum members are still doing everything they can to avoid this. By now you all know what you have to do (and if you choose not to believe in those precautions nothing I write here will convince you).

A bit longer and we'll be through the worst of it, but don't let your guard down.

I should mention that one of my TT playing partners died of Covid-19 late last spring, at the first wave of this pandemic here. He's not somebody one would have thought would be affected that way. He was strong, fit, in his early 50s, had two kids. 2100ish player at this best.

Thanks. I am still observing if this is a long covid case or not but my condition seems not as bad as others. I have improvements in breathing and some physical activities. The long term effects, those I need to see.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Yogi, in case you're interested, the infectious disease people where I teach say that people who have had the virus probably only need a single shot of vaccine to get the maximum effect. The available data on Covid-19 (and SARS before it) is most people will have reasonably robust jmmunity if they got sick and recovered. A vaccine will boost that further.

Yogi, in case you're interested, the infectious disease people where I teach say that people who have had the virus probably only need a single shot of vaccine to get the maximum effect. The available data on Covid-19 (and SARS before it) is most people will have reasonably robust jmmunity if they got sick and recovered. A vaccine will boost that further.

That is a good thing to know and I believe that because I have some immunity now but this won't last for a year I believe so I will get vaccinated. Only problem is the lack of vaccine in my country now that it is scarce to get one even commercially.

What are your colleagues opinion on ivermectin nowadays? Before there are no data but i think IVM now has shown potential. Somebody will give me free IVM.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
A few earlier reports suggested showed some promise very early in the infection (as soon as people showed symptoms), but later studies with more people and better controls showed no effect. Also it won't do you any good at this stage. You've been to the hospital, improved, and are now at home. Your body has probably eliminated the virus by now. You are at the stage now where you are recovering from all the damage it did, and no way IVM would help that. So I wouldn't take it.

Last edited:
A few earlier reports suggested showed some promise very early in the infection (as soon as people showed symptoms), but later studies with more people and better controls showed no effect. Also it won't do you any good at this stage. You've been to the hospital, improved, and are now at home. Your body has probably eliminated the virus by now. You are at the stage now where you are recovering from all the damage it did, and no way IVM would help that. So I wouldn't take it.

I do not think I am contagious anymore but doctor advised me to have another swab in 2 to 3 weeks time as I may yield a false positive result on pcr test.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Yes, here maybe you would take a PCR in 7 to 10 days. In any case, you are way past the time when IVM could have helped. Even advocates of IVM say it is for the earliest stages of Covid-19.

Yes, here maybe you would take a PCR in 7 to 10 days. In any case, you are way past the time when IVM could have helped. Even advocates of IVM say it is for the earliest stages of Covid-19.

Thanks. I will just move ahead with the vaccination a month from now.
​​

Reactions: thomas.pong
1st week since discharge
1. When I try to wash several pieces of clothes, I have shortness of breath.
2. Morning routine was 8am do 30 reps shadow drills of fh and BH drives only.
3. Breathing exercises similar to martial art breathing exercises.
4. Eat apples 3x a day.
5. Steam inhalation 2x a day.
​​​​​​

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Hope it all come back soon. What is a martial arts breathing exercise consist of?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Yogi, hopefully you will have a steady path to recovery. Sadly, some people have a strange post-Covid syndrome that can last indefinitely.

I hope our TTD forum members are still doing everything they can to avoid this. By now you all know what you have to do (and if you choose not to believe in those precautions nothing I write here will convince you).

A bit longer and we'll be through the worst of it, but don't let your guard down.

I should mention that one of my TT playing partners died of Covid-19 late last spring, at the first wave of this pandemic here. He's not somebody one would have thought would be affected that way. He was strong, fit, in his early 50s, had two kids. 2100ish player at this best.

re. do not let your guard down: Been to the opening night of the club last night and everybody was in the "shaking hands and hugging-mood". Of the 30 odd members attending , as usual i am the only one who uses the pump with the hand sanitizer. I am also the only one who refuses to shake hands after the matches but i am happy to be the only weirdo - nothing new 😄
People simply do not want to believe it could happen to them .

To Yogi: Hope your path to recovery will be short, straight and smooth. All the best. Lodro

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2020
1st week since discharge
1. When I try to wash several pieces of clothes, I have shortness of breath.
2. Morning routine was 8am do 30 reps shadow drills of fh and BH drives only.
3. Breathing exercises similar to martial art breathing exercises.
4. Eat apples 3x a day.
5. Steam inhalation 2x a day.
​​​​​​
hoping you get better yogi , someone in my family had it too and still hasn't recovered 100% of smell and taste

Hope it all come back soon. What is a martial arts breathing exercise consist of?

You see those karate and taichi breathing exercises? I have similar movements to those coupled with isometric muscle contraction

re. do not let your guard down: Been to the opening night of the club last night and everybody was in the "shaking hands and hugging-mood". Of the 30 odd members attending , as usual i am the only one who uses the pump with the hand sanitizer. I am also the only one who refuses to shake hands after the matches but i am happy to be the only weirdo - nothing new 😄
People simply do not want to believe it could happen to them .

To Yogi: Hope your path to recovery will be short, straight and smooth. All the best. Lodro

Thanks, I still have shortness if breath if I do something heavy but it is not as bad as it was before that I had chest pains. I wouldn't recommend going to a gathering nowadays if your area has a lot of cases.

This is my 3rd week from day 1 of hospitalization and I just got out of home quarantine last Sunday.
1. Yesterday and Tuesday, I was able to play lightly and I was able to spin the ball continuously 15 times before stopping and take a 10minute break. This is due to the fact that I do not to over exert. I played for 2-3 hours on day one with a combination of blocking mostly against players, testing the 2 Joola blades and doing other usual review test parameters. I still feel tired after trying to spin the ball 15x continuously mid distance but after 10min of rest I go back doing the same thing again and I did not experience any chest pains.
2. I was able to walk 2 blocks to and fro but was using a mask and a face shield. It was a bit difficult to breath upon on my condition which normally did not gave me problems.
3. Still continuing my home exercises and taking my supplements.
4. I feel I am at 70% capacity on my lungs now and will probably need another month to fully recover.
5. Yesterday, I was coaching again 2 friends with one who was a World Police and Fireman TT Champion. Doing Multiballs and Table Drills was not too difficult to do and I sweat a lot due to the room being hot with no A/C but it felt great because I sweat a lot. By the way, I lost weight and I am using only XL shirt instead of XXL.
6. I do not think my physical strength is at 100%. Probably at 80 or 90%. Modesty aside, I consider myself physically strong despite being just at 5'6' because even as a 10 yo kid, I could lift a 50kg sack of rice all by myself. Covid will hit you not only on your lung capacity but overall physical strength. It sucks.
7. Next week, I will increase my playing times to 3x a week which also include multiballs on a limited capacity.

Disclaimer: Each person has his own pace of recovering depending on his physical and mental capacity to do so or depending on his condition post covid. What I am doing is applicable to me but not to all people. I would insist on caution and also sensitivity to one's limit which are 2 important things.