TT Rubbers Lifespan

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Hello guys I want to ask how long do your rubbers last. The reason for that question is because I am using hurricane 3 on forehand and rakza 7 on backhand from one year playing only in the club for 4-5 times a week for around 1 to 3 hours depends on the training and my rubbers feel brand new. I clean them with butterfly foam cleaner before and after training and I am very spin oriented player and I have no problem lifting backspin and pushing. I hear people changing their rubber every 3 months or so from playing 2-3 times a week like literally my rubbers feel like their brand new. One club player told me that the rubber has still most of its spin if you spin the ball upwards from you racket and you tilt it almost vertical and you hear a squicky sound from the ball like heavy grip and the ball goes up not down. I have a feeling that my rubbers might last forever like that I don't know if that is normal or not I only have some rubber break on the edges but noting serious what do you guys think?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
It's up to you. Play with them as long as you like, until they don't perform like they should.

Yeah I understand but rubbers wear out slowly so every time I play I adjust without realizing it until the time comes where I hear people play with almost anti spin rubbers I am sure mine have grip but still.

This user has no status.

Yeah I understand but rubbers wear out slowly so every time I play I adjust without realizing it until the time comes where I hear people play with almost anti spin rubbers I am sure mine have grip but still.

I had that situation where literally I had to lift the ball up with my bat instead of hitting it properly because my rubbers were so dead.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
ignorance of the laws makes no excuse [size=+3]
2.04.07 Slight deviations from continuity of surface or uniformity of colour due to accidental damage or wear may be allowed provided that they do not significantly change the characteristics of the surface.
[/size]

Last edited:

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
If you can spin the ball up and catch it on the rubber so it grips and reverses the spin then it's still okay. If the ball slips off it's done. Bad explanation but pretty sure you know what I mean.

Reactions: thomas.pong
Well, I would say that after 600 hrs at least the tackiness of the Hurricane 3 should be very degraded.
Rakza 7 should be gone too, even if you don't use your BH too much.
Casual players may use their rubbers for years, but they'll make 600 hrs for 3 or four years.
It seams you are a serious player, not a casual one and if you mind your style and development you would not want to slowly adapt to the degradation of the rubbers and to be shocked by the performance of the new ones when you change them.

Reactions: thomas.pong
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews

Hi,

You summed it up pretty well !!!!
So the only real way of knowing how far your rubbers have deteriorated is to buy new ones and compare. Possibly get a 2nd Allround Classic and put new rubbers on it, then you’ll be able to compare directly. Having a second identical spare set up isn’t a bad idea, cos you never know what could happen, hit edge of table, break rubber etc.
H3 is known to be very durable, so it’s likely that you’ll notice a drop in performance more with the Rakza 7
If you can afford to change rubbers regularly, then it’s best to do so, maybe every 4 to 8 months depending on the rubber.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
ignorance of the laws makes no excuse [size=+3][/size]
BEWARE OF THE SCUFFED RUBBERS. (those having lost their original grippiness).

Speaking legally, the rule 2.4.7. is primarily intended to preclude players from using old, shabby, worn-out rubbers in a competition.
For a decent while, it was my routine incumbency to thoroughly explore on a player's racket and decide if the rubber in use meets the standards of surface continuity. A pocket-size chinese deviice known as a reflective glossometer was doing the job for me perfectly well.

tLF9LiiKRTQ.jpg

Last edited: