Bounce test teaser!!!

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews

Hi everyone !!!
So the question is which rubbers are ESN / Spring sponge grippy top sheet (ESS), which ones are ‘Hybrid’ tacky top sheet (HT) , and finally Chinese Tacky hard sponge (CT)????
numbered 1 to 5 left to right.
just a bit of fun, but if you know what the rubbers are??? 😀

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Yeah, the CT and ESS stood out, you all got those right!! Closest was Passifid only 1 incorrect.

HT, HT, CT, ESS, HT

Rubbers were
Tau 2
Bluegrip C2
H3N
Tenergy 19
Rakza Z

Now the Rakza Z is a few weeks old, (others brand new) and it does loose its tackiness somewhat, so it’s bounce is now more like ESS, the Bluegrip C2, touted as being a tacky hybrid rubber, is barely that, if you were rating the tackiness out of 10, I’d score it 1, similar to D09C, both are way closer to a grippy ESN / SS rubber than a Tacky Chinese rubber.
Closest to H3N is the Tau 2, dense small pore sponge and tackier top sheet compared to the C2 and RZ, but it still has a good amount of bounce. Looking forward to giving the Tau 2 a good test this afternoon!!
on a personal note, C2 and RZ play well, I’d just like to see the tackiness slightly higher and longer lasting!! I really like RZ, suits me well though!!

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Tau 2 should be the best h3 substitute that is factory boosted heavily.
Hi Yogi,

Spot on!! Tau II has more tackiness than D09C, RZ, Bluegrip etc but maybe about the same as GT ?dense sponge with small pores, feels pretty hard when playing, definitely more catapult than H3 etc but the TauII does play similar. Bit quicker, today I was using it on a Primorac blade, it was fine, my preference would be for a softer top sheet with same tackiness.
I also tried out Bluegrip C2 on a Zhang Jike ALC, this has a 55 degree sponge, pretty hard!! nowhere near as much tackiness and way more catapult but still feels softer, similar to RZ softness.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Hi Yogi,

Spot on!! Tau II has more tackiness than D09C, RZ, Bluegrip etc but maybe about the same as GT ?dense sponge with small pores, feels pretty hard when playing, definitely more catapult than H3 etc but the TauII does play similar. Bit quicker, today I was using it on a Primorac blade, it was fine, my preference would be for a softer top sheet with same tackiness.
I also tried out Bluegrip C2 on a Zhang Jike ALC, this has a 55 degree sponge, pretty hard!! nowhere near as much tackiness and way more catapult but still feels softer, similar to RZ softness.

The Bluegrip C2 has smaller pores than Rakza Z. If you visually compare the pores on Tau II and Bluegrip C2, would you say Tau II has even smaller pores? That would be almost like H3. Thanks. (I'll stay with H3 but Tau II looks interesting.)

Reactions: IB66
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
The Bluegrip C2 has smaller pores than Rakza Z. If you visually compare the pores on Tau II and Bluegrip C2, would you say Tau II has even smaller pores? That would be almost like H3. Thanks. (I'll stay with H3 but Tau II looks interesting.)

I’ll take a closer look at the sponge of Tau II on Wednesday!!😀

Reactions: latej