Questions regarding rubbers' durability.

I have bought several dhs rubbers. I want to glue two different blades with the same rubbers, but I do not want to waste the rubbers. If I glue them, and say use them for 30 minutes. If I leave them for so long with a protector in a bag, and not use it for say 3 months, will the rubbers still feel or look new?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I have bought several dhs rubbers. I want to glue two different blades with the same rubbers, but I do not want to waste the rubbers. If I glue them, and say use them for 30 minutes. If I leave them for so long with a protector in a bag, and not use it for say 3 months, will the rubbers still feel or look new?

As a long term H3 user, my H3 becomes unusable after 6-9 months. I play 1-2 a week.

3 months will have minimal effect on it

Reactions: LilMunchkin
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Does or has anyone tried using the little silica bags you get with cameras etc, usually goes in the case to help keep moisture levels down??
I was just wondering if these could be useful if you store a spare bat in a case for a few months??
or whether they would be unsuitable??
I've asked myself this too before.

They come inside bat cases sometime, even inside Nittaku blade boxes. I'm therefore sure it's fine for the blade, not sure if it is or not for rubbers.

Last edited:
As a long term H3 user, my H3 becomes unusable after 6-9 months. I play 1-2 a week.

3 months will have minimal effect on it

Thanks. So if I do not use an h3 at all for 19 months or say use it only once per month and clean it, would it still be playable?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Does or has anyone tried using the little silica bags you get with cameras etc, usually goes in the case to help keep moisture levels down??
I was just wondering if these could be useful if you store a spare bat in a case for a few months??
or whether they would be unsuitable??

Yes of course. It works very well but it's annoying as hell.
​​​​​​ You need to get the color changing version and several large boxes of it. When one is saturated, put it into the oven to regenerate and grab a spare. Great for short term storage too of course. But you'd be surprised how quickly it becomes saturated and how annoying baking silica gel is.