ITTV is dead

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2021
As of yesterday, videos have been unable to load on ITTV with an error message like "cannot connect to server." Today, https://tv.ittf.com/ is a broken link and ittf.com no longer has ITTV on its menu. Any clues to what is going on or if the videos will be hosted elsewhere?

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

The archive is gone.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2020

WTT don't bother to keep full matches, only highlights.

But now to remove access to matches from before WTT is a really mean hearted thing to do. How was it hurting them?

This only hurts the fans and the game.

It's hurting them because the Pay Per View contracts they've signed with the channels in the live section of their website may be, I guess, a bit challenging money-wise since TT isn't as popular on TV as football (soccer for our US friends), tennis, or cricket in Australia, NZ and... India.

Those are the 3 sports that bring the highest amount of revenues in pay per view, sponsoring, sales of by-products. Those are also the sports that are the most subject to piracy via illegal streaming, firstrowsport for example.

Do you see any TT streaming on illegal streaming website like firstrowsport ? naaaa, not enough popular worldwide.

Therefore the only problem is Youtube, and it's quite easy to solve: they do like music majors do, like Sony, UMG, or editing companies like Warner Chappell. They force Youtube to block any content related to their competitions, just put some people behing screens to scrutinize the flow of TT videos, this is what music majors do. And it's quite easy and cheap to do, there are so much less TT videos on youtube than music covers videos !

No PPV --> no prize money

This user has no status.
So this is the list of PPV, not great if you are in say Australia!

Happy to pay for access to full match recordings, but I can't.

We have all seen PPV damage sports, this will be no exception.

COUNTRY
CHANNEL
Austria
XYZ SPORTS
China
MIGU
China
ZHIBO TV
Chinese Taipei
ELTA
Germany
XYZ SPORTS
Japan
TV TOKYO
New Zealand
SKY NEW ZEALAND
Qatar
ALKASS
SWITZERLAND
XYZ SPORTS

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
This hurts. Now they can get a few more crumbs from the table of big time spectator sports, at the negligible cost of alienating their actual fan base. They weren't making money from us, so I guess no reason for them to care.

Reactions: Music&Ping
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
So this is the list of PPV, not great if you are in say Australia!

Happy to pay for access to full match recordings, but I can't.

We have all seen PPV damage sports, this will be no exception.

COUNTRY
CHANNEL
Austria
XYZ SPORTS
China
MIGU
China
ZHIBO TV
Chinese Taipei
ELTA
Germany
XYZ SPORTS
Japan
TV TOKYO
New Zealand
SKY NEW ZEALAND
Qatar
ALKASS
SWITZERLAND
XYZ SPORTS

It's possible with a VPN, living in France I've been able to get access to the german XYZ subscription system. I've been using a free one only for a try, Tor network, that I use with the Tor (Tails) browser (an alternative Firefox-based browser), you don't have to install the complete Tails OS to do that, quite simple, light, and cheap (as it is free) to achieve.

Plus, Tails + Tor is really efficient preserving internet privacy: means you're really hidden from Google and all f***** tracing cookies. That's why they're not considered as legit by US government agencies such as NSA.
https://tails.boum.org/doc/anonymous_internet/Tor_Browser/index.en.html

Jan 2018
tv.ittf.com back up as Event Calendar. 😭

Jan 2018
Looks like they're setting up the Microsoft Azure right now.

0XuYYao.png

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Music&Ping;343144 said:

It's possible with a VPN, living in France I've been able to get access to the german XYZ subscription system. I've been using a free one only for a try, Tor network, that I use with the Tor (Tails) browser (an alternative Firefox-based browser), you don't have to install the complete Tails OS to do that, quite simple, light, and cheap (as it is free) to achieve.

Plus, Tails + Tor is really efficient preserving internet privacy: means you're really hidden from Google and all f***** tracing cookies. That's why they're not considered as legit by US government agencies such as NSA.
https://tails.boum.org/doc/anonymous_internet/Tor_Browser/index.en.html

which channel is free please?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020

which channel is free please?

None: the VPN only gives you the possibilities to get access to a WTT's official Pay Per View website, what you call a channel, that is located outside of your country. You'll have to pay a subscription to be able to watch a channel, sorry.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Did I hear someone say they miss Adham Sharara?

:) It only seems to go from bad to worse.

I heard they are thinking of raising the net 15mm and using a 44mm ball....and making the table 7' wide and 14' across....