Mima Ito Discusses WTT Doha and Tokyo Olympics

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews

There's obviously quite a lot one could speculate about, but from my point of view this is terribly indirect - translated echoes of hearsay from Chinese media reacting to supposed Mima Ito statements.

It fondly takes me back to the time when, as a part of studying the history of philosophy, you'd have to get an understanding of the positions and arguments of the ancient ones through the eyes of their opponents in a discussion, sometimes obviously misrepresenting, distorting, and ridiculing them. No original sources?

Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2021

Yeah unfortunately I couldn't find the original interview where she made the comments on Chen Meng and Sun Yingsha. It seems multiple Chinese media outlets have written about them, but it is indeed possible that they all have the same source of wrong information. However, assuming all the Chinese media posts have not been duped, I'm fairly confident that my translation is correct as it's a pretty straightforward statement.

For the WTT Doha essay on Yahoo I am confident that the author is indeed Mima Ito and that my translations are mostly correct.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018

Most likely, there will be no rating tournaments before the Olympics ...

Meanwhile, rating points continue to be removed ...
Will Mima Ito come out on top?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2021

Most likely, there will be no rating tournaments before the Olympics ...

Meanwhile, rating points continue to be removed ...
Will Mima Ito come out on top?

the rankings in this blog post reflect what the rankings will look like for Olympic seeding purposes if there are no more tournaments. Mima Ito will still be ranked number 2 behind Chen Meng.

Reactions: Vlad Celler