Equipment Help

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I could boost it, but in Finland booster is not selled in here.

So I’m going to play with Aurus Prime for a while and when I get good control of the rubber and feel it’s dead I’ll buy mxp. But I don’t really know if I will buy the mxp. Maybe I’ll stick to the Aurus Prime.
Don't boost.

Instead of buying 2 sheets of Aurus Prime or MX-P, just buy a sheet of each and slap them on to your blade. Both will work for you and you can decide which you prefer on your FH and BH, or if eventually you want the same on both sides.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2020
If OP talks about spin first and then control, I guess it's time to get a chinese tacky rubber, or at least hybrid ESN/Jap sponge + tacky topsheet. I'm not gonna make suggestions, there are plenty of knowledgeable guys here who'll be better than me at this game ;-)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

All good, you have come to a decision and that is the main thing.
Just for when you once get bored through the long dark winter, get yourself to the supermarket
and buy a small bottle of Johnson s baby oil and treat the old rubber with a couple of application of the stuff.
Quite amazing how well it boosts. I gota bottle of the Seamoon from Aliexpress but i do not think it boosts much better than the baby-oil.
all the best

Paraffin Lamp Oil works pretty well also. When you use a little of the lamp oil and a little of the baby oil, you get an even better boost. :) Very inexpensive and, as long as you don't use too much, it does cause the rubber to feel more alive for a while.

It won't help the grip of the topsheet though. :)

Reactions: lodro and latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Hi. I’ve been thinking of buying a setup in the future that has an European 50 degree rubber and a flexible blade. Thanks 👍🏻
Watch Sabine Winter play.

Then get Rasanter R53 and andro Novacell off.

Then try to emulate ;)

No, seriously, the R53 feels a bit softer than many 50 degree rubbers and it pairs very well with the Novacell, which gives you the flexibility you want, with enough speed even if you can´t swing like Sabine, and very good control.

Generally, you should probably decide which rubber first, as there are many different characteristics between all the 50 degree rubbers. Rasanter R50 is not MX-P 50 is not Rhyzer 50 pro is not Nexxus, and so on.

This user has no status.
Watch Sabine Winter play.

Then get Rasanter R53 and andro Novacell off.

Then try to emulate ;)

No, seriously, the R53 feels a bit softer than many 50 degree rubbers and it pairs very well with the Novacell, which gives you the flexibility you want, with enough speed even if you can´t swing like Sabine, and very good control.

Generally, you should probably decide which rubber first, as there are many different characteristics between all the 50 degree rubbers. Rasanter R50 is not MX-P 50 is not Rhyzer 50 pro is not Nexxus, and so on.

I would choose the MXP 50 because to me all the Tibhar rubbers have been good. Specially the Aurus series that I’m using now (Aurus prime). For the MXP 50 would Tibhar Alpha SGS be a good choise? If you have any suggestions please comment. Thanks 🙏👍🏻

This user has no status.

I would recommend a 7 ply all wood but I am not sure how you play but to be safe Xiom Offensive S.

That’s great! because I’m using that blade right now 😂.
But still I’ll have to buy a new setup because I don’t like the flare so I’m going with the straight handle. Btw it’s a great blade. 👍🏻