Equipment Help

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Hello everyone!I really would like to know witch one is better?Thank you!
Hi,

They're both good rubbers, the question is not which is better, it's which rubber is best suited for you? Which might also be another rubber altogether.

MX-P is faster, bouncier and less controlled, less predictable, more spin sensitive, and easier to make mistakes with.

Aurus Prime is still fast, but a bit more controlled and linear, more predictable, and a little bit easier to use.

Both are demanding rubbers for advanced players, not for beginners or low intermediate players.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Hi,

They're both good rubbers, the question is not which is better, it's which rubber is best suited for you? Which might also be another rubber altogether.

MX-P is faster, bouncier and less controlled, less predictable, more spin sensitive, and easier to make mistakes with.

Aurus Prime is still fast, but a bit more controlled and linear, more predictable, and a little bit easier to use.

Both are demanding rubbers for advanced players, not for beginners or low intermediate players.
Hi Thomas! Thx for the info. What about the spin? Thx.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Hi Thomas! Thx for the info. What about the spin? Thx.
They're both very spinny rubbers.

Technically, MX-P can generate more spin if you are a high level player, but Aurus Prime is easier to generate spin with.

How long have you been playing? What blade and rubbers are you currently using? Why are you looking to change?

This user has no status.
They're both very spinny rubbers.

Technically, MX-P can generate more spin if you are a high level player, but Aurus Prime is easier to generate spin with.

How long have you been playing? What blade and rubbers are you currently using? Why are you looking to change?

Propably 5 years. But my coach said that im very good for the amount of years I have played. Im currently using Xiom Offensive S but the name is wrong the speed is actually like Off- and im using Rasanter R47 on both sides 2.0mm. Im feeling that I dont have much power on my shots, I do have a good technique. So thats why.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

Propably 5 years. But my coach said that im very good for the amount of years I have played. Im currently using Xiom Offensive S but the name is wrong the speed is actually like Off- and im using Rasanter R47 on both sides 2.0mm. Im feeling that I dont have much power on my shots, I do have a good technique. So thats why.

Power comes from technique and physique, using your core and legs more.

R47 is already a powerful rubber, Xiom Offensive S (great blade!) has good power and speed already too. Are you also doing core and legs exercises regularly to increase your power aside from training at the table? Technique and the correct timing of your core, legs and forearm etc. coming together at the same time will also increase your power.

While you do this, you could also up your R47's to max instead of 2.0mm on the same blade, or use regular MX-P in max (not 50) which won't be too different. Or switch to R48 if you like Rasanter.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Power comes from technique and physique, using your core and legs more.

R47 is already a powerful rubber, Xiom Offensive S (great blade!) has good power and speed already too. Are you also doing core and legs exercises regularly to increase your power aside from training at the table? Technique and the correct timing of your core, legs and forearm etc. coming together at the same time will also increase your power.

While you do this, you could also up your R47's to max instead of 2.0mm on the same blade, or use regular MX-P in max (not 50) which won't be too different. Or switch to R48 if you like Rasanter.

Thank you very much for your advice! Im going to buy mxp on both sides. Im very short 161 Cm or 5 foot 3. Im 14 years old but my coach said I have the control of Vladimir Samsonov! Since then I have been looking at his playing. I will definetly do more training on my legs. THX STILL!!!

Reactions: thomas.pong
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Thank you very much for your advice! Im going to buy mxp on both sides. Im very short 161 Cm or 5 foot 3. Im 14 years old but my coach said I have the control of Vladimir Samsonov! Since then I have been looking at his playing. I will definetly do more training on my legs. THX STILL!!!
It's good that you have good control, that's one of the most important parts of the game, and one that's hard to learn or teach, since it's very personal. Vladimir Samsonov is a great role model to have, he's an expert of control and the fundamentals, he makes it look so easy although it's a lot harder than it looks. He's a very tall player, so not the fastest to move around the table, but he has good reach and his amazing control and tactics allow him to stay in place, control the pace and counter. Since you're short, your game will be very reliant on footwork and moving quickly around the table, so if you combine this with speed and great control, you will play at a very good level. Along with Samsonov, you should also watch short players like Kalinikos Kreanga and also "The Pocket Rocket" who plays on the TableTennisDaily team videos they post on YouTube.

Last edited:
Reactions: MK73
This user has no status.
It's good that you have good control, that's one of the most important parts of the game, and one that's hard to learn or teach, since it's very personal. Vladimir Samsonov is a great role model to have, he's an expert of control and the fundamentals, he makes it look so easy although it's a lot harder than it looks. He's a very tall player, so not the fastest to move around the table, but he has good reach and his amazing control and tactics allow him to stay in place, control the pace and counter. Since you're short, your game will be very reliant on footwork and moving quickly around the table, so if you combine this with speed and great control, you will play at a very good level. Along with Samsonov, you should also watch short players like Kalinikos Kreanga and also "The Pocket Rocket" who plays on the TableTennisDaily team videos they post on YouTube.

I have watched them. All of them are great players. Thx!

Reactions: thomas.pong
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Well, I’m a big fan of Gewo’s Nanoflex FT48, which also fits the profile, but it might not be available to you.

I’d also mention Nittaku Fastarc G1, which (for me anyway; things can be level relative) produces more spin, or perhaps more easily so. It’s high end is about as fast, in low impact shot it’s a bit more subdued - which I like, but if you have Vladi’s touch then I guess that matters less for you.

This user has no status.
Well, I’m a big fan of Gewo’s Nanoflex FT48, which also fits the profile, but it might not be available to you.

I’d also mention Nittaku Fastarc G1, which (for me anyway; things can be level relative) produces more spin, or perhaps more easily so. It’s high end is about as fast, in low impact shot it’s a bit more subdued - which I like, but if you have Vladi’s touch then I guess that matters less for you.
Thanks. Im going to buy Aurus Prime on max. :)

Reactions: yoass
This user has no status.

if i had Vladis touch, I would stick with the rubber you got and know but probably just give it a little boost.

I could boost it, but in Finland booster is not selled in here.

So I’m going to play with Aurus Prime for a while and when I get good control of the rubber and feel it’s dead I’ll buy mxp. But I don’t really know if I will buy the mxp. Maybe I’ll stick to the Aurus Prime.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

All good, you have come to a decision and that is the main thing.
Just for when you once get bored through the long dark winter, get yourself to the supermarket
and buy a small bottle of Johnson s baby oil and treat the old rubber with a couple of application of the stuff.
Quite amazing how well it boosts. I gota bottle of the Seamoon from Aliexpress but i do not think it boosts much better than the baby-oil.
all the best